Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

Petition to have a TT thread out a month early to avoid this again in the future

^this. some people have to give advanced notice to get the day off of work. not me ofc since i quit, but when i played this always bothered me.   

i understand staff has real world lives too, but if they are so busy and have schedules that are so full, why are they running events?

Thanks for the feedback PandaJJ

Uniqueness of a format does not mean that it should be prioritized over other tiers. What I'd like to do with Team Tournament is change things up monthly. For example in September, Doubles can come back and take the UU position in the tournament.
I believe an arrangement like this, if communicated to the community beforehand, will make the Team Tournament more dynamic and interesting each month.

I know this is old news but whts the argument against doing all 4 tiers? And change tt format a bit

What team tournament?

It would be funnier if your group of "competent" staff members hadn't forgotten about the most important official last month. And last month isn't even the first time it's been forgotten, just the first time you couldnt scramble to cover your ass. At a certain point, it shifts from funny to embarrassing Edited by Gunthug

It would be funnier if your group of "competent" staff members hadn't forgotten about the most important official last month. And last month isn't even the first time it's been forgotten, just the first time you couldnt scramble to cover your ass. At a certain point, it shifts from funny to embarrassing

We do have lives outside of this game. Situations arise that cause us to be short the staff we need to host certain events so those events just don't happen. Just because it didn't happen that doesn't mean we forgot it but might have been short of the proper amount of oversight for the event to occur.

We do have lives outside of this game. Situations arise that cause us to be short the staff we need to host certain events so those events just don't happen. Just because it didn't happen that doesn't mean we forgot it but might have been short of the proper amount of oversight for the event to occur.

Honestly maybe the problem is on my end. Maybe I just expect too much. You see, I've been playing this game for a long, long time, and for the better part of 3 years, the monthly team tournament has been the backbone that's held up the competitive community. Individual tournaments come, go, and are forgotten - even the luster of tournament series like masters and spring championship fades after a while. They can't go on forever.

But every single month, people come to play for their teams at the team tournament. For the winners, it's the pinnacle of achievement in pokemmo (ask some of the best players here what was a better feeling, winning their first individual tourney or their first team tourney), and for the losers, the hunger sets in immediately to grind and get better for the next month's. Some of the most memorable moments, matches, arguments, comebacks, etc have been in team tournaments, and even though I'm not very active anymore, I try to always show up because it's so entertaining.

A lot of staff members have been around as long as I have, if not longer. Therefore, I assumed you guys would share my reverence and appreciation for the TT. But it really seems like you guys don't get it. It's not about "having lives outside the game" when other tournaments are constantly given more attention than this one. It amazes me that at the beginning of every month, I see gimmicks going up weeks ahead of time. Then, a week before the end of the month, staff scrambles to throw a TT thread together and fit it in before the month is over. Sometimes this results in a TT for one month happening in the next month, which is ridiculous - but still preferred to no TT at all, which was the nightmare situation last month.

I don't think I'm asking for the world here - the TT should be a higher priority than other tournaments in my opinion, due simply to its significance. However, i'd settle for giving the TT equal attention compared to other tourneys - not slapping it together at the last minute if it's convenient for staff.