Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

I dont know why you think I was defending them by 'making an excuse'.

I wasn't, they should get their butt in gear and show some respect to the participants.

Then I have no idea why you replied to me, Thinkie. As per usual haha. Nbd though. 

Seems you think people disagree with you when they quote you :P I was merely jokingly replying to your post, as to why I quoted it.

No, not really. You tend to though, and I can never tell the odd time where you are joking. Anyway, this is fairly off topic. 

Deadlines are a good idea. Honestly judging a forum contest is not very time-consuming, but it's always something one just doesn't feel like doing so it's really easy to put it off until later. With a deadline, at least "later" has a concrete maximum. Even if staff doesn't share the deadline with us, having one would be really helpful.

2012 Pokemon tournament

Rules: Only alowed Pokemon which are caught before 31.12.2012 xDD

A retro tournament with 2012 rules and format kind of seems cool actually. So things like 3v3, item clause and whatever else. I don't think people should have to use pokes only available then, but that's up to the host if it was actually going to happen.

A retro tournament with 2012 rules and format kind of seems cool actually. So things like 3v3, item clause and whatever else. I don't think people should have to use pokes only available then, but that's up to the host if it was actually going to happen.

Yea and then ban all the moves unavaiable from back then maybe. Stuff through breeding and tutors or maybe just tutors and bugged moves. But maybe that would be too complicated :p

dunno if this was suggested before and to lazy to search for it

how about timed battles

a battle which ends automaticly after lets say 5 minutes or so and the winner is the one who scored more points in this time frame

the pointsystem should be more complex (later on) but for the first try just bringing an enemy pokemon down gives you one point

dunno if this was suggested before and to lazy to search for it

how about timed battles
a battle which ends automaticly after lets say 5 minutes or so and the winner is the one who scored more points in this time frame
the pointsystem should be more complex (later on) but for the first try just bringing an enemy pokemon down gives you one point

Inb4 very long turns then you get into lead

Inb4 very long turns then you get into lead

Okay then, how about a turn limit, Only so many turns can pass in a battle before it ends then some kind of score system determines the winner

If someone has ideas for a scoring system I might be interested in seeing this happen.  Perhaps predicted switching so you don't get hit by a super effective, or hitting someone with a super effective move could add an amount of points as well(along with fainting an oponents pokemon)

Perhaps moves of chance like metronome, could give extra points as well?

Based on this:

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/44120-league-of-legends-style-picksbans-for-comp/

A tourney with dynamic bans every round, the idea should be polished a little, but i pretty much came up with this 2 ideas:

1) First round will be normal, but every player will have to link his 6 Pokes to the ref, who will have to note them. During the second round in every battle there will be 2 Banned pokes, the banned pokes will be randomly picked from the teams used in the previous round by the 2 players who will have to battle. Every round after that will work the same way, 2 banned pokes for every battle and the 2 pokes banned in the previous round will be now allowed, always keeping the number of banned pokes to 2

2) First round will be normal, but every player will have to link his 6 Pokes to the ref, who will have to note them. During the second round in every battle there will be 2 Banned pokes, the banned pokes will be randomly picked from the teams used in the previous round by the 2 players who will have to battle. Every round after that will work the same way, 2 banned pokes for every battle that will be added to the 2 previously banned pokes ( A standard 32 Man tourney will have 8 16 Banned pokes during the final, to me it seems a little too much, so maybe one ban per round? ). 

Discuss

Based on this:

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/44120-league-of-legends-style-picksbans-for-comp/

A tourney with dynamic bans every round, the idea should be polished a little, but i pretty much came up with this 2 ideas:

1) First round will be normal, but every player will have to link his 6 Pokes to the ref, who will have to note them. During the second round in every battle there will be 2 Banned pokes, the banned pokes will be randomly picked from the teams used in the previous round by the 2 players who will have to battle. Every round after that will work the same way, 2 banned pokes for every battle and the 2 pokes banned in the previous round will be now allowed, always keeping the number of banned pokes to 2

2) First round will be normal, but every player will have to link his 6 Pokes to the ref, who will have to note them. During the second round in every battle there will be 2 Banned pokes, the banned pokes will be randomly picked from the teams used in the previous round by the 2 players who will have to battle. Every round after that will work the same way, 2 banned pokes for every battle that will be added to the 2 previously banned pokes ( A standard 32 Man tourney will have 8 16 Banned pokes during the final, to me it seems a little too much, so maybe one ban per round? ). 

Discuss

Are you allowed to bring new pokes to change your team if any of them get banned in mid tourny? 

I can see my shuckle getting banned lol.