Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

Gimmicky uu doubles tourney, I dont care if its not a real tier, would be fun. 

Agreed so much! I feel the same, the few UU doubles tournaments I played(PokeDaily) was fun asf, even if people don't think it's a "real" tier. Idgaf it was fun. :p

UU doubles can be a thing lets do it. you said the same about nu (which admittedly you were right but lets do it anyways)

No. For UU Doubles to be a thing it would need it's own OU list, because what's "OU" in Doubles isn't what's OU in Singles. Not only that, but the reason there's even UU in singles is because of the fact that, for the most part, the truly viable pokemon in OU is very limited, as there are a lot of far outclassed pokemon. Doubles has this issue slightly less, as two pokemon allows more versatility in what can be viable as very niche pokemon can serve very well in combination with other pokemon.

[spoiler]even if some staff member decides to host some "UU doubles" bullshit, an official "Doubles OU" list isn't happening, so it won't be a thing regardless hue[/spoiler]

No. For UU Doubles to be a thing it would need it's own OU list, because what's "OU" in Doubles isn't what's OU in Singles. Not only that, but the reason there's even UU in singles is because of the fact that, for the most part, the truly viable pokemon in OU is very limited, as there are a lot of far outclassed pokemon. Doubles has this issue slightly less, as two pokemon allows more versatility in what can be viable as very niche pokemon can serve very well in combination with other pokemon.

[spoiler]even if some staff member decides to host some "UU doubles" bullshit, an official "Doubles OU" list isn't happening, so it won't be a thing regardless hue[/spoiler]

lets do it anyway

[spoiler]

>implying ou doubles isnt already broken as uu doubles with singles tier'ing.

i think i might know how doubles works. 

[/spoiler]

Hey, how about a Sky Battle tourney?

Fly types and Levitate only.

Senile our praised meta overlord has been waiting for his cape prize for the CAP contest, which he won 7 months ago. Please do not deprive this poor lad of his cape for much longer.

Staff pls respond.

Oh yeah I also won some contest long ago and never got my hat.

[spoiler]

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/29564-poris-egg-crisis/

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/30776-pokemmo-event-winner-poris-egg-crisis/

Also I bought my own cape. o;

[/spoiler]

It may be useful to set judging dates among staff who are signed up to judge events at the time of proposal. This could help lessen the time it takes to judge things and get them out to the public, and the staff involved would understand the commitment they were agreeing to. I just think it could be a bit more professional. I understand things occur and occasionally stuff is delayed for personal reasons but at that point someone else should take over and get the job done. Just my thoughts. 

It may be useful to set judging dates among staff who are signed up to judge events at the time of proposal. This could help lessen the time it takes to judge things and get them out to the public, and the staff involved would understand the commitment they were agreeing to. I just think it could be a bit more professional. I understand things occur and occasionally stuff is delayed for personal reasons but at that point someone else should take over and get the job done. Just my thoughts. 

I can't speak for anyone else, but in terms of judging the create a region event, I am reading as thoroughly possible to ensure I pick the best custom regions. Everyone put in a lot of hard work on them so I want to be sure I don't miss important details.

I can't speak for anyone else, but in terms of judging the create a region event, I am reading as thoroughly possible to ensure I pick the best custom regions. Everyone put in a lot of hard work on them so I want to be sure I don't miss important details.

Please don't take offense to this but you can do that with a deadline. I don't think it should take 3+ weeks. Although I do recognize it was a large contest.

It's good to be thorough but being efficient is optimum. I don't think there's an excuse for taking this long, to be honest. I also think setting deadlines would be beneficial regardless, this isn't completely aimed at the region contest. Other events have taken much longer than they should to be "judged", deadlines just seem like a good idea to me.

Regardless, I look forward to congratulating the winner and reading the bit of people's entries I didn't get to see.

Please don't take offense to this but you can do that with a deadline. I don't think it should take 3+ weeks. Although I do recognize it was a large contest.

It's good to be thorough but being efficient is optimum. I don't think there's an excuse for taking this long, to be honest.

Regardless, I look forward to congratulating the winner and reading the bit of people's entries didn't get to see.

Souldn't expect the results within this year dead srs. It took them like 2 months to judge the CAP cobtest which was a LOT less reading.

Till this day the winner still hasn't gotten his rightful price. A moment of silence in his memory o8

Souldn't expect the results within this year dead srs. It took them like 2 months to judge the CAP cobtest which was a LOT less reading.

Till this day the winner still hasn't gotten his rightful price. A moment of silence in his memory o8

How is that an excuse? "It happened before so it can happen again". I was staff when that was being "judged" and I can tell you no one was paying attention to it for most of that time. That is why it took so long.

No hard feelings here, of course. We're allowed to have different opinions but I definitely don't think "it happened before" is an argument/valid point.