Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

Hello. I was thinking about this for a suggestion, so it's not picture perfect yet. A Monotype tournament. I know it seems like the usual, but i wanted to add some things to it. For example, There will be teams. Since there are seventeen types, this will vary on how many people will participate, how many people can be grouped into teams, and to how many teams .(3 ppl per team) You don't choose what team you get to be on, and you don't choose which team. But the goal is for a team to win. Evening out the players will probably be the easiest part. but on to more things. someone will put names in a hat and draw them and they will be chosen that way. As in the monotypes, the same way. I don't know how you guys would prepare this, but usually you would give some time to get a team ready? Week tops? Also that the team battles will also be team vs team. last team standing. lets just say that on a 3v3, lets say for example, team bug vs team grass. Team grass wins 2 times, so there's only 1 person left on team bug. But it still goes on. if team bug beats those 2 members and the last one as well, their team would move on. I'm not completely done yet though with some ideas, so i'll keep you guys updated. But i'd appreciate some feedback so far , so...  ^_^ 

When this Create Your Own Region contest is over I would really appreciate another art contest. Some suggestions are : 

Create a Gen 3 Mega Evolution: To celebrate Hoenn being confirmed of course. There was one of these a while ago and it did fairly well, I think it could be interesting again...and I'd love to give Mightyena a Mega Evolution. 

Create an Eeveelution Contest: This doesn't cater to as many people but I think it could be an interesting contest. I'd love to make a poison eeveelution for sure. 

Create a Baby Pokemon: Take a Pokemon without a "baby" evolution and make one for it. Can you imagine a wittle bebe poochy? Or a Fish bebe? I don't think any of those exist ^_^

Create a Gijinka: I ran an unofficial for this once and it did not get a ton of entries, BUT officials always draw more people (that pun) and I think it could be interesting.

Also, can we have a better prize for an art contest occasionally? Such as a very low tier shiny? Good art takes a long time, and a lot of effort. It would be fun to earn more than some extremely delayed RPs/spark more competition with a better prize. I apologize for sounding entitled and such but just speaking my mind!  

Edited by Emlee

Create a Gen 3 Mega Evolution: To celebrate Hoenn being confirmed of course. There was one of these a while ago and it did fairly well, I think it could be interesting again...and I'd love to give Mightyena a Mega Evolution. 

plsplsplsplsplspls

Also Squirtle wasn't a fan of Shinys for out-of-game contests, when I brought it up in November, so I dunno if it's a possibility

plsplsplsplsplspls

Also Squirtle wasn't a fan of Shinys for out-of-game contests, when I brought it up in November, so I dunno if it's a possibility

The Create Your Region has a Shiny Houndour for a prize. I know he used to be all for RP for that stuff but it seems like he will make exceptions. 

Want some feedback? Ok.

I was considering making an angry thread in GD but hey, why not keep it civil. GIVE US OUR DAMN PRIZES FUCKING LORD HOW HARD CAN IT BE.

Just now Squirtle was online when both Amanu and me where online. So we PM'd him trying to get our prize.

8RPOA.png

8RQgU.png

Shortly after that he logged off. What kind of communication is going on between you two? How hard is it to spawn a damn shiny. How hard is it for Squirtle to check the fucking event thread to confirm himself that we are entitled to our prizes? Damn, such effort man. You guys sure love us. LEL FUCK US RIGHT

The event was hyped for months, the prize was pretty much clear for a month before the event was actually posted. Is it that hard to spawn the shinies before hand so they can be handed on the event themselves ffs? Is this an issue with trust or something? Give me a sensible explanation please. If you can't even trust your damn GMs why are they GMs. Yey now I have to catch Squirtle online again, if that ever happens this month. And even if I catch him online, the event prize list may not even be up to date! C:

Do something about it.

The event was hyped for months, the prize was pretty much clear for a month before the event was actually posted. Is it that hard to spawn the shinies before hand so they can be handed on the event themselves ffs? Is this an issue with trust or something? Give me a sensible explanation please. If you can't even trust your damn GMs why are they GMs. Yey now I have to catch Squirtle online again, if that ever happens this month. And even if I catch him online, the event prize list may not even be up to date! C:

Do something about it.

Seriously. This is just common sense.

Spawning beforehand was occasional and when there was a SGM present at the event. Sometimes that SGM would deem the host responsible enough to hold a prize but that wasnt a common occurance. Now SGMs aren't consistently present. As far as trusting GMs, why would they? The slew of fired GMs makes it hard to.

GMs are suppose to report prizes right after an event (that's what he was talking about) and then Squirtle has to give a fuck in order to give them to you. I could never picture him caring enough to go and read the actual event thread.

I can't help but agree prizes should be handed out at the event or shortly after. It took a month for me to get RPs before, and I am sure people have experienced even longer.

This issue probably won't be addressed unless someone deems it important enough and brings it up in a staff meeting (GMs, bonjour). So I'd suggest having a heart to heart with a GM about it in hopes they will do so.

There's been a slew of fired GMs?

In my experience as long as GMs are adding prizes/event results to the right places, it gets done within a week. Remember, Squirtle is but one man and he's busy as shit. I know for a fact there isn't a large backlog of prizes to be given out, but it's conceivable for a prize or two to slip through unnoticed.

If it were me I'd PM the host and add Squirtle to the PM. He does check his forum PMs.

There's been a slew of fired GMs?

Archi, Cipher and Pliz. 

Archi was upset, so okay, nbd. 

Cipher leaked conversations and caused issues.

Pliz leaked information.

Why would they trust GMs to hold shinys anymore?

Squirtle shouldn't have to be PM'd in order to get a prize, the staff should be professional enough to carry it out themselves in a timely fashion. Yes, Squirtle is one person... so get a better routine/spawn beforehand/give to an SGM, etc. I think a whisper should be the same as a PM, he was made aware of the situation and didn't care enough to do anything. If he's too busy then why is he "heading" the game? 

In Squirtle's and ShinyChansey's defense, contacting staff in the middle of an official event to ask about a prize from a different event is not the best way to go about it. A forum PM to the host of that event tends to work much better. I understand you're waiting on your prize, but please try to be reasonable when contacting staff about them.

In Squirtle's and ShinyChansey's defense, contacting staff in the middle of an official event to ask about a prize from a different event is not the best way to go about it. A forum PM to the host of that event tends to work much better. I understand you're waiting on your prize, but please try to be reasonable when contacting staff about them.

Lol, it doesn't take much effort to call a match and press spectate. Only thing Chansey needed to do was /w Squirtle and tell him what he needs. But I understand if some can't handle that.

What events do you want to see this month guys?

Personally I'd like to see another Tranz quiz tourney, a catching competition (looking at you, mu), team tourney as always and maybe some standard tourneys on top of that?

I'd like to see an event where Strychnine is put back on staff.

I think everyone could enjoy that.

[spoiler]Trivia please, I've wanted to participate in one for so long[/spoiler]