Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

But but but another month to wait, that is soooooo long haha :P And beginning of May is busy for me as well (since exam projects has to be finished around that time) but I don't think they give a shit about when people are busy anyways, so not really worth discussing I guess. :)

So it's over being impatient? I think that's a bit unfair. You always ask for the staff to be far when it comes to European timezones so how about they be fair and consider doing it at a time that works for both. I understand you may have school work still at the beginning of May... but you're in school now right? So you have school work now as well. Let's not be too selfish here. 

As far as staff goes, when it comes to invitationals it benefits them to host it at a decent time/a decent month so that the majority of people can attend. I am sure they will host it at some point on a weekend to accommodate as many people as they can. 

So it's over being impatient? I think that's a bit unfair. You always ask for the staff to be far when it comes to European timezones so how about they be fair and consider doing it at a time that works for both. I understand you may have school work still at the beginning of May... but you're in school now right? So you have school work now as well. Let's not be too selfish here. 

As far as staff goes, when it comes to invitationals it benefits them to host it at a decent time/a decent month so that the majority of people can attend. I am sure they will host it at some point on a weekend to accommodate as many people as they can. 

Wow.

I was just saying, that I'm just as busy in the start of may as in the exams period, if not more :O

Yup I always ask for European timezones because they are so rare getting at tournaments haha (but does it happen? Not very often, and I understand the reasons, but you will have to understand it's frustrating having to pass on tournament after tournament as well. Isn't that unfair then?), might as well ask for it anyways, even tho ik nothing will happen because of it. And yes that benefits them but I don't think they will take it into a count tho, and if they do, I just politely said what fits me. Like Barrage did. ;)

Let's just hope they find a good weekend (which for me would be around this time). ;D

Wow.

I was just saying, that I'm just as busy in the start of may as in the exams period, if not more :o

Yup I always ask for European timezones because they are so rare getting at tournaments haha (but does it happen? Not very often, and I understand the reasons, but you will have to understand it's frustrating having to pass on tournament after tournament as well. Isn't that unfair then?), might as well ask for it anyways, even tho ik nothing will happen because of it. And yes that benefits them but I don't think they will take it into a count tho, and if they do, I just politely said what fits me. Like Barrage did. ;)

Let's just hope they find a good weekend (which for me would be around this time). ;D

If you have time to prepare now then prepare now = everything is solved. The tournament will take a day (or weekend) and I am sure you can spare that ~6 hours some weekend well before your exams start. Don't be spiteful because the majority of the staff aren't European, to me that is all this appears to be. I am sorry you have to deal with that (it's been a problem for a long time) but they're all volunteers at the end of the day and they have lives. If more people who are European attempted to become staff then they're be benefiting themselves, until then well.. you know how it is. 

If you have time to prepare now then prepare now = everything is solved. The tournament will take a day (or weekend) and I am sure you can spare that ~6 hours some weekend well before your exams start. Don't be spiteful because the majority of the staff aren't European, to me that is all this appears to be. I am sorry you have to deal with that (it's been a problem for a long time) but they're all volunteers at the end of the day and they have lives. If more people who are European attempted to become staff then they're be benefiting themselves, until then well.. you know how it is.

Yup I know, it doesn't hold me back from telling them though haha. To show some European timezone interest if you know what I mean :p

Here's a Suggestion. How about an "Infected Game Mode" type of tournament. Everyone scatters and runs around in an area, and one person is chosen to go around and "infect" other people. In order to infect someone, you must beat them in a Pokemon Duel. The 1st Place Prize goes to the Person who has infected the most players, and the 2nd Place Prize goes to whoever stays healthy until the given time limit. The way this could work is that whenever someone is battling and they're defeated and infected, the person who just infected someone would whisper a referee or Mod hosting the tourney, telling them that they just infected "Player109123." The referee or mod rights it down and then says in Global or Shout Chat, "Player109123 has been infected by Player102932." A lot of things could be changed, but it'd be interesting to see a type of, "Run or battle," tournament that just doesn't include battling someone, but also using strategy and time -stalling techniques in order to survive. This doesn't have to be a tournament, and I guess it would take lots of referees or mods to watch the games, but it'd be definitely interesting. 

Non-STAB OU Tournament

The opposite of the STAB UU tournament. Pokemon cannot use any moves of their own type. Having access to powerful STAB moves is already a big advantage for a pokemon, so limiting them to non-STAB moves creates a unique environment to play in. In addition, most of the moves used to counter a powerful pokemon in OU actually aren't STAB moves, so this shouldn't leave any unbeatable pokemon. For example: Ice Beam against Salamence, Brick Break and Focus Punch against Snorlax/Blissey, Flamethrower/Fire Blast against Skarmory.

The treatment of non-damaging normal moves is still up for debate. I haven't looked at the specific cases that closely, but for this tournament I would say that simply following the types would be good enough; meaning, normal pokemon cannot use any normal moves, while non-normal pokemon have full access to all normal-type moves. Part of the justification is that Blissey and Snorlax really don't need any extra advantages, and also it's just a lot simpler.

NU Doubles does not exist. UU and NU are tier lists for singles, they do not apply to Doubles, and so "NU/UU Doubles" is absurd, especially since Doubles is pretty much dead, it doesn't need to be split even further.

Then STAB UU isn't a tier too... but they still make a tournemant in it, it could be fun with a double tournemant without OU pokes ^^

it could be fun with a double tournemant without OU pokes ^^

Yeah, i remember the "fun" of NU Doubles in pokedaily, was the less popular tier ever, we hardly got 4 ppl (some random bracket)

Anyways good idea with the STAB Tournament, i hope we can see more original ideas with custom rules :D (maybe next one Non-Stab tournament where you can't use any STAB move of the pokemon)

I would like to see an event with a milotic that would work like how mewtwo would but with a set amount of time for it. The orginal person with the milotic would be a staff member that would be hosting the event. At the end of the contest whoever has milotic gets to keep the poke. This could be done with another poke in mind but I just really want a milotic and at the very least  this would give the other players who got it for a short time to get the dex entry for it.

I would like to see an event with a milotic that would work like how mewtwo would but with a set amount of time for it. The orginal person with the milotic would be a staff member that would be hosting the event. At the end of the contest whoever has milotic gets to keep the poke. This could be done with another poke in mind but I just really want a milotic and at the very least  this would give the other players who got it for a short time to get the dex entry for it.

No