Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

Well I think you're approaching it the right way at least (the Senile comment was mostly joking, as he is generally the loudest whenever he sees something wrong with tier lists n stuff).  Making the list public would probably be a good idea.

Also, how do Hoenn pokemon fit in? Would those be in the middle ground, and none from kanto/johto would be in the middle ground?  Also, would there be a minimum requirement for how many must be from the region specific list?

Hoenn Pokemon are excluded entirely because I want this to mostly focus on Kanto vs. Johto, to me adding Hoenn would take away from that.

The middle ground will consist of Pokemon from Kanto and Johto that have an equivalent in their respective region that is likely to see more use than the one in the middle ground.

Example: Marowak and Rhydon in Kanto. Marowak will always be used over Rhydon by players assigned to Kanto. To allow Johto access to a Pokemon of similar strength and utility, Rhydon was placed in the middle ground.

Art contest

***Maybe give a month plus gap between the end of the current art contest and the next one you all host, give a lot of notice and a long entry time** ;p 

Give a depiction of a fusion Pokemon, much like these found in this Imgur Album.  The majority of people find these interesting to look at, and I'd enjoy seeing the artists in this community have their take on them. 

Cons: The host will have to dedicate some time to cross checking for plagiarism as there are a ton of artists creating these. Basically the host will probably need to reverse google image search each entry, but it's never been a big problem before. Another con could be the fact that it may be difficult to create a truly unique representation of a fusion as there are so many ideas and concepts out there already.

Pros: Easy event ;p, and I get to look at some drawings, which I enjoy \o/ 

Since Archinix is gone ... someone else can do this!! HINT HINT HINT HINT ;D ;D ;D 

Just want to put it out there that I am still working on my version of a Pokemon Contest for pokemmo, and well, the two people that were helping me make it left for there own reasons, so I am looking for help. I will say that it is very mundane, but does not require much effort, you just need to copy and paste. A lot. If anyone is interested please PM me. I may make an actual thread about it, though I have no clue where... Basically I just need help labeling all the moves, and now with the new updates I need to go back over them and edit the colours (I marked which ones worked and which didn't) and maybe even add a few. Again, if interested please PM me and I'll give you a section to work on.

~Thanks, <><

i hear your running out of ideas for gimmick tourneys

~team lock tournament

a tourney where you have to use the same 6 pokemon for the entire tournament. no switches. you'll have to plan your team very well and wont be able to use scouting to your advantage.

~body builders tournament

you can only use pokemon with 80 base attack or higher (i picked 80 cause dugtrio and skarm it can change)

[spoiler]the brah's will go nuts with this[/spoiler]

~battle of the tiers

you can choose between tier 1, 2, and 3 and use only pokes from that tier for the tournament. however there are different prizes depending on which tier you use. example 1 egg shiny if you use ou 2 egg shiny if you use uu and 4 egg shiny if you use nu.

~breeders cup

all pokemon used must have at least 1 egg move

~wild cup

no egg moves allowed

~team lock tournament

a tourney where you have to use the same 6 pokemon for the entire tournament. no switches. you'll have to plan your team very well and wont be able to use scouting to your advantage.

you can only use pokemon with 80 base attack or higher (i picked 80 cause dugtrio and skarm it can change)

[spoiler]the brah's will go nuts with this[/spoiler]

~battle of the tiers

you can choose between tier 1, 2, and 3 and use only pokes from that tier for the tournament. however there are different prizes depending on which tier you use. example 1 egg shiny if you use ou 2 egg shiny if you use uu and 4 egg shiny if you use nu.

~breeders cup

all pokemon used must have at least 1 egg move

~wild cup

no egg moves allowed

The first 3 ideas sound pretty good, and I especially like the idea behind battle of the tiers as it would give people reason to risk using NUs.

the other 2 seem like they would be incredibly hard to ref as there is no sure way to know if a pokemon has an egg move without checking every poke or hoping that every single pokemon happens to use whatever egg moves they have.

~team lock tournament

a tourney where you have to use the same 6 pokemon for the entire tournament. no switches. you'll have to plan your team very well and wont be able to use scouting to your advantage. Much too difficult to referee, would involve all the refs compiling information into one document with player's names and teams AND movesets. They would need to continually check for every single Pokemon that is used in every round, for every person. Too much added stress for referees. 

[spoiler]the brah's will go nuts with this[/spoiler] Could be possible

~battle of the tiers

you can choose between tier 1, 2, and 3 and use only pokes from that tier for the tournament. however there are different prizes depending on which tier you use. example 1 egg shiny if you use ou 2 egg shiny if you use uu and 4 egg shiny if you use nu. Refs would need to record what tiers the individuals picked on a shared document (not as difficult as the first one but still extra work), this is iffy in my opinion 

~breeders cup

all pokemon used must have at least 1 egg move Would require all referees to have a complete list of possible egg moves for every single Pokemon (Some Pokemon would obvi be unlikely to be used in the tournament but you have to prepare for the worst), refs would have to check this list like mad, it would be very easy for someone to get by without an egg move imo

~wild cup

no egg moves allowed Difficult for all the above reasons

What about a baby tournament? With just lev 1's (not 5's). I've done a few of these with friends and they are pretty fun. 

i think it sounds cool but there is no way to ev pokes at lvl one without amnesia brace and even at lvl one it makes a difference. it would give players with amnesia brace (like me) a unfair advantage.

Hoenn Pokemon are excluded entirely because I want this to mostly focus on Kanto vs. Johto, to me adding Hoenn would take away from that.

The middle ground will consist of Pokemon from Kanto and Johto that have an equivalent in their respective region that is likely to see more use than the one in the middle ground.

Example: Marowak and Rhydon in Kanto. Marowak will always be used over Rhydon by players assigned to Kanto. To allow Johto access to a Pokemon of similar strength and utility, Rhydon was placed in the middle ground.

Should make it Kanto + Hoenn, that way the genwunners can have their ultimate showdown with the Hoenn babbies.

Middle ground should be made up of Pogeys that don't fit in either side. That way the theme will still be centre stage.

You would need to also make some minimum requirements for a team. Say two middle ground pokes max per 6 team, otherwise the theme will become irrelevant.

Should make it Kanto + Hoenn, that way the genwunners can have their ultimate showdown with the Hoenn babbies.

Middle ground should be made up of Pogeys that don't fit in either side. That way the theme will still be centre stage.

You would need to also make some minimum requirements for a team. Say two middle ground pokes max per 6 team, otherwise the theme will become irrelevant.

I can do it that way, but I will still not allow Hoenn Pokemon in the tournament.

If this idea works out well enough I may try to do it with other regions as well. Like Kanto vs. Hoenn, Johto vs. Hoenn, etc.

I would like to try it with only Kanto and Johto Pokemon right now because those two regions have the most Pokemon in game currently.

I'd like to see a Celebi event in Viridian Forest. Have a one day event where Celebi appears in Viridian forest with the same encounter rate of a shiny or Mewtwo. Have it be only one Celebi and who ever encounters and catches the Celebi gets to keep it. Also make the catch rate real low that way it's nearly impossible to catch. With as well no master ball being aloud. And if no one catches it, then the event can continue weekly or monthly.

This could also be an idea for other legendaries.

This event would make people buy a lot of Ultra Balls, therefore spending a lot of pokeyen. I know the staff wants to make the pokeyen currency matter more. I think this idea could go over well.

I'd like to see a Celebi event in Viridian Forest. Have a one day event where Celebi appears in Viridian forest with the same encounter rate of a shiny or Mewtwo. Have it be only one Celebi and who ever encounters and catches the Celebi gets to keep it. Also make the catch rate real low that way it's nearly impossible to catch. With as well no master ball being aloud. And if no one catches it, then the event can continue weekly or monthly.

This could also be an idea for other legendaries.

This event would make people buy a lot of Ultra Balls, therefore spending a lot of pokeyen. I know the staff wants to make the pokeyen currency matter more. I think this idea could go over well.

This is a different type of event that you're proposing. This thread is for Staff hosted events like catching contests and pvp tournaments. 

The staff have already decided on the method of implementation for legendaries. You can find this information in the last post (Kyu's) of the Legendary thread. 

A "Master's" of NU (not year long, maybe quarterly with 4 invites per tournament/16 man total at the end or something like that). Always Double Elimination, 6v6 as has been run for both Official NU Tournaments. Call it "NU Knockout" because I liked that title (haha, jk name it what you wish if anyone decides to do it).

I have mentioned this to a staff member who I know has thought of it beforehand etc, not sure if it will happen, basically looking for community feedback here too. 

I would personally log in game to watch this at least, and have felt the need to make my own NU team as well. 

What about a baby tournament? With just lev 1's (not 5's). I've done a few of these with friends and they are pretty fun. 

i think it sounds cool but there is no way to ev pokes at lvl one without amnesia brace and even at lvl one it makes a difference. it would give players with amnesia brace (like me) a unfair advantage.

I was thinking of hosting one in a while when I'm not busy

As for the amnesia brace problem, players are free to potentially waste their time and effort EVing a lvl 1 pokemon for an only slightly improved chance of winning (the prize will be likely be a somewhat common shiny, since it is a gimmick tournament) . Besides, many stats at lvl1 have no difference when EV'd

I was thinking of hosting one in a while when I'm not busy

As for the amnesia brace problem, players are free to potentially waste their time and effort EVing a lvl 1 pokemon for an only slightly improved chance of winning (the prize will be likely be a somewhat common shiny, since it is a gimmick tournament) . Besides, many stats at lvl1 have no difference when EV'd

the diffrence ev's make is dicussed here

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/30690-pokemmo-event-discussion-little-cup/

i researched this a bit with stat calcs. at lvl 1 a non ev starmie with a + nature 0-31 speed no ev is 7, a jolt with + nature 0-31 speed no ev is 7. with ev's however their speed is 8 even 0 iv. this is the difference between a starmie guaranteed wining the speed tie and 2hko and the jolt possibly winning the speed tie and 1hko'ing starm. there are many other example's but this is one of the more drastic examples. ev training pokes with a brace will give people a unfair advantage over people who dont have one/cant afford a ev service. i have the brace and run a ev service btw so know im bias FOR this and i still say it's unfair.

Besides, many stats at lvl1 have no difference when EV'd

In a tourney like that the fastest pokemon will pretty much always win, and 252 evs in Spd will always give at least 1 Spd stat giving a pretty big help to Amnesia Brace players...

But if the prize is small maybe most people won't waste hours to EV the pokes, also, will there be similar to LC or any level 1 Poke will be allowed ( Chansey, Kanga ect...) ?

EDIT: Fuark, Fred was faster than me