Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

The problem is, people arent showing up at other times. There is no sense in staff setting up events if people aren't going to show up.

Having said that, there is a fair amount of rage in this thread about the registration process. The last half dozen tourneys I've showed up to, half the bracketed field has failed to show up. Meaning half the reserves made it in, of course 70% of the reserves generally fail to show up as well so people that just happen to be standing around are invited to fill blank spots, or the reserves that get in end up with a bye. My point is, its sort of silly to rage about making an initial bracket when so many tourneys aren't even full.

The problem is, people arent showing up at other times. There is no sense in staff setting up events if people aren't going to show up.

Having said that, there is a fair amount of rage in this thread about the registration process. The last half dozen tourneys I've showed up to, half the bracketed field has failed to show up. Meaning half the reserves made it in, of course 70% of the reserves generally fail to show up as well so people that just happen to be standing around are invited to fill blank spots, or the reserves that get in end up with a bye. My point is, its sort of silly to rage about making an initial bracket when so many tourneys aren't even full.

In thoths tournament there was a lot of people signing up enough for the tournament to be filled. They just didnt like the time like we dont like the time 90% of the time. Here is a list of people signing up for Thoths "early" day tournament, i wouldnt call that a few and its not like i want all tournaments to be "early" im just talking a few.  :P

[spoiler]

Official List of Players:

Zumbii
Jellydonut
TheBloo
DopestDope
Samester
Kemaric
Jingor
Urbandub
Crimzn
uMadBrah
Aestheticsbrah
Shyntil
Flexxo
Amanu
Oluthon
NemFury
Scaal
Jeehad
Ssin
Romuldo
Mcsmithy
yWreck
CatPhD
Glower
CowseN
MilesCarnage
Jackpanda
Josto
Izai
Sedox
Delorus

CharlesK

List of Reserves:

Olibu
Rafer
YoshiReddy
IrishS
Ribadh
RAAMZzz
Sullania
jening
Veganatidae
Jammison
Sharkray
Kakachiu
Deyki
urbandub
OrangeManiac
traflaw
sarcyone
GymLeaderGreen
kabob
firedd
Palles
Infraction
ImCalmBro
topnotchchap
mauru
Prowl
Toahno
Dericlim
govictory
KingBowser
Demando
twofist

[/spoiler]

Hello everyone, I would just like to say that in future tournaments (not ones that are currently posted) registration has undergone a slight change. While the bracket for a tournament is still randomly generated from a list of the players who signed up, the host now has the choice to allow the reserve list of a tournament to be first come first served.

What this means is, in certain tournaments, if you were the first to sign up but were not able to get into the bracket from random selection, you will now appear first on the reserve list and so on. However, this new way of dealing with reserves is by choice of the host, and the type of registration will be stated in the tournament thread and will only appear in future tournaments, not ones currently posted.

We hope this change to how reserves are picked for tournaments will work out for the better, and we thank you for your feedback.

Better than nothing, thanks. Will the two registration times thing be discussed/done in the future?

Does anyone want to see another Monotype Tournament ? Does anyone think 6v6 is or is not viable for it? Please explain your opinions if you choose to respond.

Thanks!

Personally I find monotype fun only because you get to battle with something different than the usual 6v6 UU/OU(I'm not saying it should be monotype but it's a great way of different battling). But I think monotype should stay 4v4 if it gets to be 6v6 you will just see even more water/normal type teams - which imo will end up destroying the fun about monotype team, since you won't see some different cool monotype strategy(what I mean is the variation of team will be bigger if it stays 4v4).   :P

Does anyone want to see another Monotype Tournament ? Does anyone think 6v6 is or is not viable for it? Please explain your opinions if you choose to respond.

Thanks!

yes! monotype rocks! it fun for the reasons stated above, i dont like having the same OU/UU every fight and this makes people think up new strategy's ect....i prefer 6v6 but some types like ghost are hard to do 6v6 with, maybe one month 6v6 one month 4v4 or something like that. that way everyone is happy. 

Thanks!

Yes! I like the 'fun' tourneys. We have enough OU/ and UU legit tourneys. Its fun sometimes to have some fun gimmicky tourneys. (Mostly because those are the only ones I seem to do well in). 

monotype isnt ou/uu you CANT cover everything with only one type of pokemon and that's the way it's meant to be, it's meant to be fun and a huge gamble and if you throw in wild cards it mess's everything up. with a wild card people dont make new crazy teams ect...  especially in 4v4, you'll get the same things over and over again.

Yeah keep monotypes 4v4, I have a hard enough time getting 4 ghost types, 6 would just not happen. 

Mind you that's actually a serious argument against it, as in some types are too lacking to have 6, and I feel like there being types that just can't go at all would make it less fun. 

For ghosts I can think of: Banette, Gengar, Dusclops, Sableye, Misdreavus

Unless I'm missing something, that leaves me at only 5, and I'm not trying to bring NFE pokemon. 

Yeah keep monotypes 4v4, I have a hard enough time getting 4 ghost types, 6 would just not happen. 

Mind you that's actually a serious argument against it, as in some types are too lacking to have 6, and I feel like there being types that just can't go at all would make it less fun. 

For ghosts I can think of: Banette, Gengar, Dusclops, Sableye, Misdreavus

Unless I'm missing something, that leaves me at only 5, and I'm not trying to bring NFE pokemon. 

shedninja is ghost you know ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

and while i hate the idea of wild cards this argument does make sense Y_Y

As I understand it, Hyper Beam is banned from competitive play because it is glitched and there is no cool down round between uses. Would it be possible to allow an exception for Slaking? Because of truant, you are guaranteed a rest period between uses and the hyper beam glitch does not give the slaking an unfair advantage.

As I understand it, Hyper Beam is banned from competitive play because it is glitched and there is no cool down round between uses. Would it be possible to allow an exception for Slaking? Because of truant, you are guaranteed a rest period between uses and the hyper beam glitch does not give the slaking an unfair advantage.

No, that's not how it works.

Slaking uses body slam > It can't move next turn but it can switch

Slaking uses hyper beam > It cant move or switch

If the hyper beam glitch occurred, the slaking would abnormally be able to switch

i have a potential solution to 6v6 monotype. what if you removed species clause? there are many pokemon with different builds (like calm mind, wow/ps staller, and physical dusklops) that would allow you to use some of the types with few members in the current meta game. maybe set a limit to 2 or 3 like with item clause or make a rule that you cant have the exact same moveset on 2 pokes to prevent 6 blissey team. controversial but this would allow a full 6v6 monotype tourney without using wildcards and people could run all 17 types effectively.