Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

4 minutes ago, Munya said:

Also seasons end at the end of every 3rd month so that would have been

March 31st

June 30th

September 30th

and December 31st

Which is also reason that we dont have team tournament on last saturday of the months that Munya mentioned. We usually squeeze it on friday / other saturday 

What I was basically asking that some staff member would point out in the forums or something that the tournament is supposed to happen as intended, it just doesn't appear in the in-game calendar yet for whatever reason. Being kept completely in the dark just hurts the most - we can't know if the seasonals are purposely postponed to fix any bug issues with the latest update or anything. As they are supposed to appear long before in the calendar, you would think this is enough time to see something is wrong.

And what I am saying is we, the staff, don't know.  As far as we know nothing is postponed.  This is actually the first time I am hearing anything about it.

EDIT: I just looked, all of the tournaments are scheduled as they should be at the correct time?  I am very confused here, whats the actual problem?

EDIT2: I see what happened, its half automated.  Its best to assume nothing is delayed though unless stated otherwise.  I have put in a request to have it added in game to say the info I previously said in this thread in regards to what days tournaments are on.

2 hours ago, Munya said:

EDIT: I just looked, all of the tournaments are scheduled as they should be at the correct time?  I am very confused here, whats the actual problem?

The scheduling happened with like a 12 hour notice more or less. So lots were unaware of it actually happening.

The solution would be as simple as to schedule this tours which are arguably slightly more enticing than the meme tours, on season start, and if needed a warning on forum or something if there's a need for a date change

Edited by razimove
9 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

I wanted to say thank you to the staff that recently hosted a tag team tournament. Please do more of these. 

+1 

I'm typically quite negative but I have to say it was great that staff hosted one of these, I know a lot of people were excited for it.

28 minutes ago, Munya said:

It is believed to not be a good tournament style format due to the nature of it being random afaik, idk if there is more to it.

I'll pass this thread along though.

What about metronome tournaments though?

3 hours ago, Mkns1070 said:

One day we will have monotype tournament, I believe 

Qb2mBG9.png

im kind of a pro

e:wait we went from metronome to monotype discussion. i bamboozled

Edited by KaynineXL
  • It would be interesting to do an event where you catch pokes of one egg group but you can catch it anywhere during the event as long as it is that egg group.  Like if it was Field you could go to the Wismur in hoenn, Route 1 in Unova, etc. to find a pokemon in that egg group with the highest ivs.
  • Also a first route event where you go for the lowest IVs not highest so 1,2,3 are lowest and 4th is highest
42 minutes ago, Mythskull said:
  • It would be interesting to do an event where you catch pokes of one egg group but you can catch it anywhere during the event as long as it is that egg group.  Like if it was Field you could go to the Wismur in hoenn, Route 1 in Unova, etc. to find a pokemon in that egg group with the highest ivs.
  • Also a first route event where you go for the lowest IVs not highest so 1,2,3 are lowest and 4th is highest

Too much pve 

Look, the shiny market has officially imploded. We knew this was going to happen eventually - there's nowhere for shinies to go, so the supply is just going to keep piling up while demand remains static, and thus the value of most shinies has dropped significantly.

KNOWING THIS - I just cannot fathom why shiny gift prizes wouldn't be far, far better IVs than 2x31, 4x25. It's an absolute joke and frankly an insult to the competitive community. Imagine pouring in the tens, maybe hundreds of hours necessary to win the OU seasonal, and you end up with a shiny "comp" that isn't as good as even the most basic, standard player's competitive version of that pokemon? The argument that higher IV shiny gift prizes would somehow affect shiny values was always kind of a tenuous one - but at this stage, it should simply be scoffed at and ignored. Are there any other, better arguments against raising the IVs?