Jump to content
  • 4
Strych

Event Suggestions & Feedback

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.


Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.



Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

Share this post


Link to post

Recommended Posts

  • 0

We are currently missing a very specific type of official event, one that has been neglected for, oh, about 6 months now. Writing time?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Some events i'd like to see happen again

Spoiler

1v1 Ou mayhem

tag team tournaments

"will you be my date" tournament

airborne tournament

daycare dilemma

the most average magikarp

international  incident

stab tournament

battle of the tiers

smeargle mashup

throwback tournament

monotype mashup

Catchmmo

KYU CONQUEST/ AWESOME TOURNAMENTS!!!!

Spoiler

yea ik different different meta, mechanics bla bla but still

 

Edited by Lightningvolt01
how can i forget catchmmo

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

  I know this has been said, but I think it would make a very fun one. Our team did one today that was pretty awesome. 3v3 lv10 togepi metronome only tourney. 

  IVs can be perfect and still lose to a bunch of jokes, so it's just a fun way to roll the dice and just hold Z down and you're golden to watch events unfold as they may. (Togepi using Roar of Time, etc is pretty funny, too.) 
  I don't know how this would work in the tourney brackets but round robin worked for us, based on total number of wins, which made it easy to divide up the winnings. I dunno just a thought. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 4/21/2018 at 10:28 PM, Pipo said:

  I know this has been said, but I think it would make a very fun one. Our team did one today that was pretty awesome. 3v3 lv10 togepi metronome only tourney. 

  IVs can be perfect and still lose to a bunch of jokes, so it's just a fun way to roll the dice and just hold Z down and you're golden to watch events unfold as they may. (Togepi using Roar of Time, etc is pretty funny, too.) 
  I don't know how this would work in the tourney brackets but round robin worked for us, based on total number of wins, which made it easy to divide up the winnings. I dunno just a thought. 

We have done this from time to time, just at level 25.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
2 hours ago, XelaKebert said:

We have done this from time to time, just at level 25.

Nice, I didn't know that, thank you. Hopefully we'll see it again sometime. :D

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
4 minutes ago, Bilburt said:

we had one yesterday

Sure but I would love some for the next few days :3

Each one is very schedule dependant :/

Edited by Raederz

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Could be time for another @Kyu 256-man OU tournament with an EPIC ass prize. Just to give some of the non-seasonal players a big event to look forward to. I'm picturing a nice Sunday morning with say, a Shiny Hydreigon + several mil for first?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
26 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Could be time for another @Kyu 256-man OU tournament with an EPIC ass prize. Just to give some of the non-seasonal players a big event to look forward to. I'm picturing a nice Sunday morning with say, a Shiny Hydreigon + several mil for first?

We can definitely discuss hosting another 256-man tournament but please do not expect for the prize to be comparable to what is going to be given for this years Seasonal finale if anything it will be slightly better than what we usually give for 128-man tournaments or comparable with a higher pokeyen prize.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, Squirtle said:

We can definitely discuss hosting another 256-man tournament but please do not expect for the prize to be comparable to what is going to be given for this years Seasonal finale if anything it will be slightly better than what we usually give for 128-man tournaments or comparable with a higher pokeyen prize.

I didn't think Hydrei was comparable at all tbh. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
5 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

I didn't think Hydrei was comparable at all tbh. 

I looked into it more and this poke would be suitable except itwas fairly recently provided as a prize for another tournament so it would not be able to be given out again for awhile. But this level of prize would be acceptable for an event like this.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
23 hours ago, Squirtle said:

I looked into it more and this poke would be suitable except itwas fairly recently provided as a prize for another tournament so it would not be able to be given out again for awhile. But this level of prize would be acceptable for an event like this.

How about Haxorus? Cool shiny sprite, 3 man hordes, market value around 15m or so.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, redspawn said:

How about Haxorus? Cool shiny sprite, 3 man hordes, market value around 15m or so.

That one was also given out recently and won't be able to be given out again for awhile.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, IDKPRO said:

Shiny shedinja prize? 

I am sorry I won't continue to answer whether a certain poke is available or not. If a staff member decides they want to hold this event they have the ability to seek out player input on deciding which prize they propose and they will know if it is available for use.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, Gunthug said:

Writing competition or I will orchestrate a one person riot in creative media subforun the likes of which have never been seen 

that'll be a cool discovery for whoever next opens that subforum 10 years from now.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, Gunthug said:

Writing competition or I will orchestrate a one person riot in creative media subforun the likes of which have never been seen 

go write a book or something that probably gives u more reward than this, youll get like 600k max

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Improve CC tournaments,

remove BP buy in, place a yen buy in, add the 'buy in yen' to the pool that, that the normal CC tour would have. (imagine 10k entry per player, 32 players, 1st player would get 320k on top, if 32 spots got filled). Especially for tiers like NU/UU/Doubles in which some don't clear BF/E4 or play MM cause dead tiers in MM.

Edited by redspawn
typos

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.