Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

6 minutes ago, Mnemosyne said:

Hah my posts getting deleted what a surprise.

Gonna leave this one.

Post that were nothing but spam got deleted. If you have any suggestion about events, feel free to post them. Stating no one is taking a part/ interested in pve is not feedback.

22 hours ago, Billla said:

It's not easy to find a nice Doubles Shiny Prize. But I'll try to implement your suggestions.

Gengar, Gyarados, Ludicolo, Heracross, Starmie, Kingdra, Arcanine, Breloom, Tentacruel, Crobat

Think these would work for 64 man format (Didn't include shit that really needs Hidden Power like Alakazam, Manectric, etc)

Also the rare 128 man tourney with Hitmontop, Salamence, Tyranitar (Dragonite when???)

why are brackets only 64 man?

the NU today filled up in less than 4 seconds, how do you propose people even get to play the end game when they arent even able to

it doesnt have to be a 128, make it like 80 or something. there are so little amount of tournaments and if there are ones a lot of people are unable to play.

please change kty

Edited by Bilburt
2 hours ago, Bilburt said:

why are brackets only 64 man?

the NU today filled up in less than 4 seconds, how do you propose people even get to play the end game when they arent even able to

it doesnt have to be a 128, make it like 80 or something. there are so little amount of tournaments and if there are ones a lot of people are unable to play.

please change kty

Yeah I'm still a bit tilted I couldn't get in Granbull tour, legit logged like 30 mins before regis and then when the button popped up, I took 2 secs to click. Got fucking 70/64, I guess since we're in Summer people are actually playing this game now.

3 hours ago, Bilburt said:

it doesnt have to be a 128, make it like 80 or something

That's not really how brackets work. It has to go in powers of 2 to be even, so the only sensible step above 64 man is 128 man. 

Granted theres nothing wrong with moving up to 128 man. 

12 hours ago, Rigamorty said:

That's not really how brackets work. It has to go in powers of 2 to be even, so the only sensible step above 64 man is 128 man. 

Stop forcing your opinion onto me dude

13 hours ago, LifeStyle said:

Yeah I'm still a bit tilted I couldn't get in Granbull tour, legit logged like 30 mins before regis and then when the button popped up, I took 2 secs to click. Got fucking 70/64, I guess since we're in Summer people are actually playing this game now.

you just gotta be faster

13 hours ago, Rigamorty said:

LMAO whatever dude!

I've been wondering this for a while and idk if this has already been suggested but w/e:

Why is it that only the 3 winning players in the final match of TT get the 650k prize? It implies that only those 3 contributed anything throughout the entire bracket, which is inherently wrong.

In my eyes, regardless of whether you win or lose your match in an earlier stage, you still were part of the winning team and therefore should have a share of the reward for winning the tournament. 

P.S. more OU Tournaments plz

Edited by Zymogen
5 hours ago, Zymogen said:

I've been wondering this for a while and idk if this has already been suggested but w/e:

Why is it that only the 3 winning players in the final match of TT get the 650k prize? It implies that only those 3 contributed anything throughout the entire bracket, which is inherently wrong.

In my eyes, regardless of whether you win or lose your match in an earlier stage, you still were part of the winning team and therefore should have a share of the reward for winning the tournament. 

P.S. more OU Tournaments plz

The three that got prize money could share there prize if they felt somebody else in the team contributed to the teams win.

2 hours ago, Munya said:

The three that got prize money could share there prize if they felt somebody else in the team contributed to the teams win.

With all due respect, that wasn't my question. 

It seems reasonable to hypothesise that there may be, say, 6 people who "contribute" to a team tournament win. In this situation, your share of the prize would be 325k.

You are suggesting that for winning one of the most prestigious tournaments in the game, your share of the prize money should be, on average, less (175k less in this instance) than what a weekly 32 man Community Combat pays out to its winner. Please. 

And if you have a particularly strong team, then there may well be even more people who "deserve" a share, in which case the prize becomes laughably small. 

The tournament was created to determine the best team in the game, not the best trio; and the prize money should be adapted as such. 

Edited by Zymogen