Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

hahaha, hey, that was like, only one or two events.

but i can explain it again if you want!

basically it's a tournament in normal mode with items on! Just 1 item! But the item is given to you by me depending on how fast you can catch pokemon!

And the catching pokemon is done as a relay race, where all four of your teammates must successively capture a safari pokemon, and the team that completes the relay fastest gets the better item! (ie revive vs max revive)

makes sense right??? cmon!

I have a suggestion that some people may like it because of the suspense, or some might hate it due to the lack of competitive skill. I think we should have more 1v1 tournaments! I find them unique and it builds a sense of mystery as to what players might bring. Chansey? Zangoose? Metagross? Who knows?

I figure you're working on this prize hp selection stuff, but I think you really need to push for it asap as it seems to be one of the community's most pressing concerns.

A lot of prizes just aren't optimized, and I feel like staff have to either consciously think about 'what kind of prize doesn't need hidden power' or just completely ignore that criteria and put out something subpar.

I think a better UI for winning the prize would simply be to choose an IV for each stat.

HP:

Spoiler

drop down between 0 and 31

ATK:

Spoiler

drop down between 0 and 31

and so on.

and tbh, just completely sack the cap on how many 31s you can have. This is a stance I've taken since before the implementation of gift shinies, and just figured we would slowly snowball up there. starting with 1x31, then 2x31, and as people get less and less satisfied, well, we'd keep bumping.

Thing is, doesn't go much above 6x31. Just put it there and it's the best prize it needs to be.

And with such a detailed IV selection menu, well, you jsut pick your 30s.

alternatively, the drop downs could just have 0, 1, 30 and 31.

0-1 is necessary if you are trying to run a low speed set for some reason, maybe with an upcoming trick room. or for aesthetic 0 atk on a special sweeper

On 16/03/2017 at 8:55 PM, Eggplant said:

alternatively, the drop downs could just have 0, 1, 30 and 31.

0-1 is necessary if you are trying to run a low speed set for some reason, maybe with an upcoming trick room. or for aesthetic 0 atk on a special sweeper

Even if this was to be implemented there are some rare scenarios in which you want to have a lower iv in a stat such as hp to take overall less damage from life orb/ball recoil.

1 hour ago, Murcielago said:

never 64 seat ou tournament again plz.  the hardest part about a 64 seat tournament is getting into it in under .1 seconds

dw tourneys are useless anyway, just do ranked, ezpz

59 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Team Tournament series: OU, OU, OU

• Register three players per tournament; not restricted to in-game team
  • 8 qualifiers (1st + 2nd get the invite)
  • 16 teams in final
  • Prizes, your choice of Shiny Starter pack for the three winners:
    • Squirtle, Charmander, Bulbasaur
    • Totodile, Cyndaquil, Chikorita
    • Mudkip, Torchic, Treecko

Make it happen.

Really cool idea, personally love it, prizes are way too OP though.

1 minute ago, Darkshade said:

Yes they would.

for a tournament series where you only get one of the three person It wouldn't be that bad, considering the effort to win is not just dependent upon one player. It doesn't even have to be a yearly series but since we haven't had a master of masters or such series with a prize in that tier for a while it wouldn't be too over the top

If there's going to be a Spring Doubles series, I would recommend the following prizes, considering the recent (assumed) seasonal prize nerf:

1. Choice of Salamence, Dragonite, or Tyranitar (Seem to be on par with Skarmory imo)
  2. Ludicolo
  3. Gyarados

I feel these prizes all still hold potent value and are all viable in the doubles meta, without requiring a Hidden Power or being outright too rare. I think these prizes are a little lacking, considering a Shiny Bagon (twice?) and Tyranitar have been handed out as Doubles prizes in the past year, but alas, we will have to work with what we can.  

On 3/19/2017 at 10:47 PM, TJXD said:

for a tournament series where you only get one of the three person It wouldn't be that bad, considering the effort to win is not just dependent upon one player. It doesn't even have to be a yearly series but since we haven't had a master of masters or such series with a prize in that tier for a while it wouldn't be too over the top

Yes they still would. There is no more effort needed to win this series than the standard Team Tournament, in which each of the 3 winning players get a cash prize. The only difference is that those players would need to put that same amount of effort into getting the actual prizes. Given that it would be a series with qualifiers, that would also mean each qualifier would have a prize as well. Therefore the prize is way too much for the series. All of us on staff completely understand that more has been given out in the past, choice of Pokemon you own made shiny, but we acknowledge that doing so was a mistake and nothing of that nature will ever occur again.