Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

I don't think it's very vague. It's not just that they have a reason, it's that they most likely have a reason that was backed by numbers. I think you can theorize what those numbers could possibly be conceptually. 

Then you and I have vastly different definitions of the word "vague." I'd rather just wait for an answer from Darkshade, the person to whom the question was directed

Then you and I have vastly different definitions of the word "vague." I'd rather just wait for an answer from Darkshade, the person to whom the question was directed

He is clearly not going to give you one. I was just trying to help you make some logical deductions. No need to get upset about it. 

I wasn't claiming that they were doing it arbitrarily. I'm sure they have some reason behind doing it. Vaguely stating that they may have numbers they've looked at leaves me no closer to an answer to my genuine question.

I also doubt the staff's awareness of the market, despite your reassurance Darkshade. How else can you explain increasing the vendor prices of stardust and starpieces? I think you bumped the sell back price up from what, 2500 to 4000? We have this thing called an active marketplace, where stardust sells for at least 15k quickly, and starpieces sell for twice that. That move showed a lack of awareness of market values because you're almost tempting noobs who are less involved in the market to throw away money rather than utilizing what should be the center of the community

We don't care what you trade your stuff for as long as you have enough money to do it. Total amount of money coming into the world is not the same thing as the amount of money you trade between yourselves.

We don't care what you trade your stuff for as long as you have enough money to do it.

That's odd, because the current ratio of money sinks to money generating activities doesn't really mesh with this supposed viewpoint. I mean jeez, the extremely arbitrary number of 63k was chosen as the gender selection price for those with gender disparity like mudkip (which correct me if I'm wrong, is 7/8 male?)

The fact that you think people who want to breed up a solid mudkip from one they catch in the wild can afford to dish out 63k at every step of the process, in addition to the other breeding costs, is ludicrous. And it once again proves my point that there's a huge disconnect between the staff setting the prices, and the realities of the current market.

Sorry, didn't mean to turn this into a complaint about the gender selection prices. I fucking love the new breeding so far, and gender selection is a really cool addition. The price drops on all the braces and the ability pill will also go a long way to alleviate some of the pressure on those who want to make comps. But 63k...I just feel like someone pulled that number out of their ass

That's odd, because the current ratio of money sinks to money generating activities doesn't really mesh with this supposed viewpoint. I mean jeez, the extremely arbitrary number of 63k was chosen as the gender selection price for those with gender disparity like mudkip (which correct me if I'm wrong, is 7/8 male?)

The fact that you think people who want to breed up a solid mudkip from one they catch in the wild can afford to dish out 63k at every step of the process, in addition to the other breeding costs, is ludicrous. And it once again proves my point that there's a huge disconnect between the staff setting the prices, and the realities of the current market.

Sorry, didn't mean to turn this into a complaint about the gender selection prices. I fucking love the new breeding so far, and gender selection is a really cool addition. The price drops on all the braces and the ability pill will also go a long way to alleviate some of the pressure on those who want to make comps. But 63k...I just feel like someone pulled that number out of their ass

I don't care about how much money you personally have. I care about how much money is created/removed in the game as a whole.

63k is more expensive than it was on the pts.

No it's not.

Must have written the numbers down wrong because this is what I got when I was testing the prices out

87.5%  = 1,286

75%     =3,000

50%     =9,000

25%     =27,000

12.5%  =60,000

Is everything else at least accurate.

Edited by Munya

I don't care about how much money you personally have. I care about how much money is created/removed in the game as a whole.

I just cannot envision a plausible scenario where there is so much money created in the game that you needed a 63,000 a pop moneysink in order to balance things out. But hey, you're the one with these magical "numbers" that emlee so helpfully alluded to earlier, so you're the boss

Just so we're clear here, I think we all want an actual master's series, not a half-assed alternative like the poke-lympics or anything of that magnitude.

We want invites, we want reserves, we want prizes, we want a finale, and most importantly we want someone who knows what they're doing do host it.

Edited by jayfeatskydd

Just so we're clear here, I think we all want an actual master's series, not a half-assed alternative like the poke-lympics or anything of that magnitude.

We want invites, we want reserves, we want prizes, we want a finale, and most importantly we want someone who knows what they're doing do host it.

We haven't run any of the alternatives by you and yet you automatically say that they are inferior to a system that was drawn out for far too long and was very taxing to players and staff alike. We all want something as prestigious as the Masters series was, but let's face it, a year was way too long to draw things out for a proper conclusion.

We haven't run any of the alternatives by you and yet you automatically say that they are inferior to a system that was drawn out for far too long and was very taxing to players and staff alike. We all want something as prestigious as the Masters series was, but let's face it, a year was way too long to draw things out for a proper conclusion.

Taxing on players? We loved it. I think that's apparent. 

not every player actually stuck around for an entire year for the end to the series though, so i see what he's getting at.

That happens. A lot of players did come back though and that was really fucking awesome to see. A few were banned and that was simply unavoidable.