Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

Okay then, how about a turn limit, Only so many turns can pass in a battle before it ends then some kind of score system determines the winner

If someone has ideas for a scoring system I might be interested in seeing this happen.  Perhaps predicted switching so you don't get hit by a super effective, or hitting someone with a super effective move could add an amount of points as well(along with fainting an oponents pokemon)

Perhaps moves of chance like metronome, could give extra points as well?

One problem I see with that is we can't tell if someone predicted something or not, they could falsely claim to in order to gain points

Patrick and I had an idea for a scoring system: at the end of the battle (probably 10-15 turns)

-Each alive OU Pokemon gains three points.

-Extra point(s) is awarded to those in lower tiers (+1 for UU, +2 for NU)

-A point is taken off for status aliments or if the Pokemon is below half health

An example of a team would be: 

-40% toxic'd Jumpluff (1 point)

-Full health Pidgeot (5 points)

-Nearly dead Snorlax (2 points)

-Full health but paralyzed Starmie (2 points)

-Rest of team dead

This would give a total of 11 out of a possible 30.

In the event of a tie, maybe there could be a sudden death match, which is 1v1 under taunt tournament conditions(no status moves allowed to prevent stall)?

The system isn't perfect but it'd be interesting to try out

Also, what do you guys think of a tournament where pokemon with total base defenses (HP+defense+sp.def) over a certain amount (maybe 275? for Skarmory) are banned? The biggest problem with this, as edIRL pointed out was the lack of Blissey/Snorlax to stop special sweepers, also set-up Pokemon like Gyarados and Salamence sweeping easily after getting a DDance up. Any other ideas?

One problem I see with that is we can't tell if someone predicted something or not, they could falsely claim to in order to gain points

Patrick and I had an idea for a scoring system: at the end of the battle (probably 10-15 turns)
-Each alive OU Pokemon gains three points.
-Extra point(s) is awarded to those in lower tiers (+1 for UU, +2 for NU)
-A point is taken off for status aliments or if the Pokemon is below half health

An example of a team would be:
-40% toxic'd Jumpluff (1 point)
-Full health Pidgeot (5 points)
-Nearly dead Snorlax (2 points)
-Full health but paralyzed Starmie (2 points)
-Rest of team dead

This would give a total of 11 out of a possible 30.

In the event of a tie, maybe there could be a sudden death match, which is 1v1 under taunt tournament conditions(no status moves allowed to prevent stall)?
The system isn't perfect but it'd be interesting to try out

Also, what do you guys think of a tournament where pokemon with total base defenses (HP+defense+sp.def) over a certain amount (maybe 275? for Skarmory) are banned? The biggest problem with this, as edIRL pointed out was the lack of Blissey/Snorlax to stop special sweepers, also set-up Pokemon like Gyarados and Salamence sweeping easily after getting a DDance up. Any other ideas?

I see some problems with the first tourney, if i have something like Ursaring/Machamp or any other Guts user, getting statused gives me an advantage, and some people tend to send them out exactly to get statused, but with that point system i will lose points, in my opinin the 2 things are in contraddiction, meaning that i either play knowing that i will lose points, or either i play "castrating" those pokemons. Same thing can be said about Reversal/Flail users. Except for that it seems cool

Mediocremons, every pokemon must have every stat lower than 100 ( Kingdra Banned )

I see some problems with the first tourney, if i have something like Ursaring/Machamp or any other Guts user, getting statused gives me an advantage, and some people tend to send them out exactly to get statused, but with that point system i will lose points, in my opinin the 2 things are in contraddiction, meaning that i either play knowing that i will lose points, or either i play "castrating" those pokemons. Same thing can be said about Reversal/Flail users. Except for that it seems cool

Mediocremons, every pokemon must have every stat lower than 100 ( Kingdra Banned )

in the case of guts it could be that if guts got activated that you get +1 point?

I guess if it's self induced status, a point will not be taken off.

Also forgot to mention: protect and detect would be banned so people don't waste turns

just going to point out several wish/protect pokes can not wall as they are supposed to without protect. example vaporeon vs marrowak.

in the case of guts it could be that if guts got activated that you get +1 point?

That is a bit of a problem...
Hmmm, maybe don't take points off for statuses, but instead scale the points based off how much hp the Pokemon has left? For example 50%-100% (i.e green health)gove more points than a poke with red health. That brings out another problem with entry hazards, if a Pokemon dies to entry hazards, should the Pokemon be counted as dead or alive?

Anyways, I like the Mediocremons idea. Will look into it further when I have more time.

Well a Pokémon that will die to entry hazards isn't necessary a minus, as it can actually be saved specifically for having it as death fodder in order to get another Pokémon safely in.

And then there's the Endure/Reversal Pokémons that are supposed to get down to red health which messes up the points scaled by HP.

I guess the best way to achieve a good scoring system is to have rules for specific Pokémons, e.g. Statused Guts or 1HP Endure users, yet even then it's hard to make it completely fair. 

Well a Pokémon that will die to entry hazards isn't necessary a minus, as it can actually be saved specifically for having it as death fodder in order to get another Pokémon safely in.
And then there's the Endure/Reversal Pokémons that are supposed to get down to red health which messes up the points scaled by HP.
I guess the best way to achieve a good scoring system is to have rules for specific Pokémons, e.g. Statused Guts or 1HP Endure users, yet even then it's hard to make it completely fair.

On second thoughts, maybe just don't minus 1 for status if the Pokemon has guts, it's simpler like that. I might run this as an unofficial to see how it would turn out, that sound good?

Feel like we need a team tourney this month. Come through for us tyrone.

team tourney would sound cool tho

July needs a team Tournament, I believe in you.

Your wish has been heard loud and clear!

[spoiler] +1 to whoever knows this reference [/spoiler]

Hey I wanted to ask for some feedback on a tournament idea. A Colour Tournament, UU tier 6v6, where people would use a team that were the same colour.

When I was looking through the tier list and sorting into colours I realised people may have trouble making a team from just one colour, so an option I came up with would be to let people choose 2 colours and build their teams from both lists. To make the lists I based it off of the list from Bulbapedia. I made 2 adjustments myself, I moved Grumpig into the black list and Porygon2 into the pink list to give those lists a better variety. Here is what I came up with:

Red

[spoiler]

Charmeleon

Vileplume

Parasect

Kingler

Electrode

Seaking

Magmar

Flareon

Ledian

Ariados

Yanma

Macargo

Octillery

Delibird

[/spoiler]

Blue
[spoiler]

Wartortle

Blastoise

Nidoqueen

Golduck

Poliwhirl

Poliwrath

Tentacruel

Tangela

Seadra

Omastar

Dragonair

Lanturn

Azumarill

Quagsire

Masquerain

Sharpedo

Walrein

[/spoiler]

Yellow
[spoiler]

Beedrill

Pikachu

Raichu

Sandslash

Ninetales

Persian

Rapidash

Hypno

Electabuzz

Ampharos

Girafarig

Dunsparce

Shuckle

Beautifly

Plusle

Minun

[/spoiler]

Green
[spoiler]

Ivysaur

Victreebel

Scyther

Xatu

Bellossom

Politoed

Dustox

Lombre

Roselia

Cacturne

[/spoiler]

Black
[spoiler]

Murkrow

Unown

Sneasel

Grumpig

Mawile

Banette

Duskull

[/spoiler]

Brown
[spoiler]

Pidgeot

Raticate

Fearow

Primape

Abra

Kadabra

Golem

Farfetch’d

Hitmonlee

Hitmonchan

Pinsir

Kabutops

Furret

Noctowl

Piloswine

Stantler

Hitmontop

Spinda

[/spoiler]

Purple
[spoiler]

Arbok

Nidoking

Golbat

Venomoth

Muk

Cloyster

Haunter

Ditto

Aipom

Forretress

Gligar

Granbull

Mantine

Sableye

Illumise

Swalot

[/spoiler]

Grey
[spoiler]

Machoke

Magneton

Misdreavus

Steelix

Qwilfish

Donphan

Pupitar

Mightyena

Aggron

Volbeat

Glalie

Relicanth

[/spoiler]

White
[spoiler]

Butterfree

Dewgong

Togetic

Linoone

Vigoroth

Absol

Shelgon
[/spoiler]

Pink
[spoiler]

Clefable

Wigglytuff

Porygon2

Lickitung

Mr Mime

[/spoiler]

The idea would be to pick two colours and make a team using Pokemon only on either list. I think this makes it a little easier and feasible than just picking one colour. What do you guys think?

Hey I wanted to ask for some feedback on a tournament idea. A Colour Tournament, UU tier 6v6, where people would use a team that were the same colour.

When I was looking through the tier list and sorting into colours I realised people may have trouble making a team from just one colour, so an option I came up with would be to let people choose 2 colours and build their teams from both lists. To make the lists I based it off of the list from Bulbapedia. I made 2 adjustments myself, I moved Grumpig into the black list and Porygon2 into the pink list to give those lists a better variety. Here is what I came up with:

Red

[spoiler]

Charmeleon

Vileplume

Parasect

Kingler

Electrode

Seaking

Magmar

Flareon

Ledian

Ariados

Yanma

Macargo

Octillery

Delibird

[/spoiler]

Blue
[spoiler]

Wartortle

Blastoise

Nidoqueen

Golduck

Poliwhirl

Poliwrath

Tentacruel

Tangela

Seadra

Omastar

Dragonair

Lanturn

Azumarill

Quagsire

Masquerain

Sharpedo

Walrein

[/spoiler]

Yellow
[spoiler]

Beedrill

Pikachu

Raichu

Sandslash

Ninetales

Persian

Rapidash

Hypno

Electabuzz

Ampharos

Girafarig

Dunsparce

Shuckle

Beautifly

Plusle

Minun

[/spoiler]

Green
[spoiler]

Ivysaur

Victreebel

Scyther

Xatu

Bellossom

Politoed

Dustox

Lombre

Roselia

Cacturne

[/spoiler]

Black
[spoiler]

Murkrow

Unown

Sneasel

Grumpig

Mawile

Banette

Duskull

[/spoiler]

Brown
[spoiler]

Pidgeot

Raticate

Fearow

Primape

Abra

Kadabra

Golem

Farfetch’d

Hitmonlee

Hitmonchan

Pinsir

Kabutops

Furret

Noctowl

Piloswine

Stantler

Hitmontop

Spinda

[/spoiler]

Purple
[spoiler]

Arbok

Nidoking

Golbat

Venomoth

Muk

Cloyster

Haunter

Ditto

Aipom

Forretress

Gligar

Granbull

Mantine

Sableye

Illumise

Swalot

[/spoiler]

Grey
[spoiler]

Machoke

Magneton

Misdreavus

Steelix

Qwilfish

Donphan

Pupitar

Mightyena

Aggron

Volbeat

Glalie

Relicanth

[/spoiler]

White
[spoiler]

Butterfree

Dewgong

Togetic

Linoone

Vigoroth

Absol

Shelgon
[/spoiler]

Pink
[spoiler]

Clefable

Wigglytuff

Porygon2

Lickitung

Mr Mime

[/spoiler]

The idea would be to pick two colours and make a team using Pokemon only on either list. I think this makes it a little easier and feasible than just picking one colour. What do you guys think?

go one color. it is meant to be a gimick and their's no way to balance it anyways.

As an event prize I'd want a transformation ticket which turns a normal pokemon into a shiny. So you can actually choose what poke you want to become a shiny than someone spawning a shiny and giving it as a prize.

And on the "List of things that aren't going to happen in any event in any foreseeable future"...