Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

It's rather subjective isn't it? I personally don't consider any kind of prize as a "slap in the face" as you put it.

Meh, it's kinda de-motivating to see Shiny Electrode, Horsea etc be given out and the UU tier not get one shiny that's even worth 4 or more.

From what I've seen UU players love Dugong. He's in practically every match.

[spoiler]\o/[/spoiler]

I have never seen a Dewgong in UU, it's in every NU team. Probs being moved to UU to never be seen again because there are so many more bulky waters

Donphan, Nidoking, Hypno, Vileplume, Forretress, Muk, Dodrio are all common and not overly price ranged shinys

at least hes not giving out vitamins or gc tm's.

Those things are damn useful. 

Honestly, prizes should vary. If they're always equal then you'll repeat certain prizes all the time etc. Win some lose some. Archi you know what it was like to host tournaments, don't be hard on streeechy. :)

Yes Em I know, the slap in the face is past 3 UU tournaments (UU Weekend, this other one that's now hidden) were nothing exceeding 2 old value. When 4 tournies of diff tiers (I think) Have given Shiny Horsea, Shiny Electrode, etc which all exceeded 8 or more old value.

I know they should vary but this is why I made the thread (staff / ex-staff know, anyone who wasn't staff you're a scrub and don't know what I mean) to help choose prizes, so the host doesn't get events like this. It was all sorted out so you wouldn't get bitched at for slapping a tier in the face.

At least they are actually useful and not completely worthless

This, those items help you make more comps.

The dugong's only value to me is the OT Squirtle on it. Otherwise it's objectively one of the worst shinies aesthetically, and pretty common due to farming Icefall Cave for exp/pokedollars.

I'm all for varying prizes, but you gotta realize you basically just offered us a shiny parasect. You mushroom stamped us.

Edit: But I also really really don't want to seem too ungrateful, because it is awesome that we're getting a tournament, and I wouldn't complain at all if the prize wasn't really really really bad. Regular bad I can just deal with and move on, but this level of badness hurts.

Yes Em I know, the slap in the face is past 3 UU tournaments (UU Weekend, this other one that's now hidden) were nothing exceeding 2 old value. When 4 tournies of diff tiers (I think) Have given Shiny Horsea, Shiny Electrode, etc which all exceeded 8 or more old value.

I know they should vary but this is why I made the thread (staff / ex-staff know, anyone who wasn't staff you're a scrub and don't know what I mean) to help choose prizes, so the host doesn't get events like this. It was all sorted out so you wouldn't get bitched at for slapping a tier in the face.

Like everything else I am sure that's fallen into disuse. I understand your complaints though. 

EDIT: Stop with your trophy nonsense. haha. 

I heard some buzz about the UU invitational occurring possibly in the near future. I would just like to point out that this time is around exam season for many college/university students, including myself. As such, if it were to occur anytime between now and end of April, it is unlikely that I would be able to participate, and possibly the same for others. Just something I thought I would bring to your attention.

I heard some buzz about the UU invitational occurring possibly in the near future. I would just like to point out that this time is around exam season for many college/university students, including myself. As such, if it were to occur anytime between now and end of April, it is unlikely that I would be able to participate, and possibly the same for others. Just something I thought I would bring to your attention.

For me the exams are in the end of May and until the end of July, and I think that's the same for quite a lot of the Europeans (not exactly sure tho). So I would prefer it done asap before all the rush starts, and staff most likely prefers it asap and out of the world lol. :)

WOW SOUNDS LIKE THE BEGINNING OF MAY IS THE BEST TIME WOOOO0O00O0O0O00O. No need for getting pissy over timezones and such! This is perfect, what a beautiful world. Problem solved as fuck. 

But but but another month to wait, that is soooooo long haha :P And beginning of May is busy for me as well (since exam projects has to be finished around that time) but I don't think they give a shit about when people are busy anyways, so not really worth discussing I guess. :)