Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

I'd like Holiday Events.
Like it would've been cool if all default clothes turned green for today, or we got a free green hat, or a lucky clover that increases shiney chance by .01% or anything really.

That's a different kind of event. These events are things like "Hide and Seek" or Tournaments. 

doubles is great and always drew a crowd. just needs a few glitches fixed which has nothing to do with how good doubles is.

yeah, doubles always drew a crowd, did it get a full bracket all the time or how many complaints were involved throughout them

lets go call cipher

Any news on the UU Invitational? I don't want to demand information but would be neat to know where you stand with number requirements, etc. I'm pretty excited for it haha, although I will just be watching. 

Even just letting us know it's still on would be encouraging, I know ShiChan is no longer staff and had the impression he was very involved in it. So even just knowing it's still on would be cool.

Thanks in advance if any staff decide to reply. :) 

Any news on the UU Invitational? I don't want to demand information but would be neat to know where you stand with number requirements, etc. I'm pretty excited for it haha, although I will just be watching. 

Even just letting us know it's still on would be encouraging, I know ShiChan is no longer staff and had the impression he was very involved in it. So even just knowing it's still on would be cool.

Thanks in advance if any staff decide to reply. :)

I will be working on the information soon, I just have to go through a few things to make sure I have everything needed.

Host a spring/summer GUI contest. It's super easy and doesn't take a lot of time etc. Grab like 3 judges and go!

I think it would be cool if these sorts of things had a much better prize, I mean a low tier/end shiny might be okay since a good GUI does take some time. We haven't seen a GUI as good as the Leafeon one in a long time for example, maybe those with some talent would be encouraged by a good prize... if that's too much and you'd just die doing that then maybe pinning their thread with the contents etc for a month and essentially "promoting it" would be more incentive. I just know people are tired of tournaments being the only thing with a good prize. Tournaments take a lot of effort of course (creating a team, and the time it takes to win) but a lot of the art related things take a long time and a lot of effort too. 

It's just a suggestion though, either way a Spring/Summer GUI contest would be nice :) even if it's just a few reward points and a pat on the bum for a prize. 

Host a spring/summer GUI contest. It's super easy and doesn't take a lot of time etc. Grab like 3 judges and go!

I think it would be cool if these sorts of things had a much better prize, I mean a low tier/end shiny might be okay since a good GUI does take some time. We haven't seen a GUI as good as the Leafeon one in a long time for example, maybe those with some talent would be encouraged by a good prize... if that's too much and you'd just die doing that then maybe pinning their thread with the contents etc for a month and essentially "promoting it" would be more incentive. I just know people are tired of tournaments being the only thing with a good prize. Tournaments take a lot of effort of course (creating a team, and the time it takes to win) but a lot of the art related things take a long time and a lot of effort too. 

It's just a suggestion though, either way a Spring/Summer GUI contest would be nice :) even if it's just a few reward points and a pat on the bum for a prize. 

[spoiler]winner gets the only sunflora in pokemmo[/spoiler]