Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

I don't recall this, honestly. I may not have been around.

None-the-less, I'd like to hear feedback.

i feel anyone who gives feedback about this without a masters will be told their opinions don't matter cause they don't have a masters. their is some legitimacy to this argument but it's flawed. the point of all this is why dont you mass pm all the masters? one big joint pm cause if it's here, their will likely be fighting/flaming. 

on another note, i think everyone would like to see the masters tournaments continue next year.

i feel anyone who gives feedback about this without a masters will be told their opinions don't matter cause they don't have a masters. their is some legitimacy to this argument but it's flawed. the point of all this is why dont you mass pm all the masters? one big joint pm cause if it's here, their will likely be fighting/flaming. 

on another note, i think everyone would like to see the masters tournaments continue next year.

Can't like this.

Also, they will be finished in December/January then they're done, they, well go with they, want them gone. I understand not having a year long one. Although Cipher and myself had big plans for the New Year in terms of events. They won't be masters, but they will be somewhat big. I hope ShiChan and Gax do go with them still.

I don't. I think that the incoming laddering implementation, with the (presumable) updates to form and function of rankings masters tournaments will be unnecessary.

I think that occasional tournaments, say once every 3-4 months that takes in the top XXX members of each ladder, would be better than a monthly series.

Can't like this.

Also, they will be finished in December/January then they're done, they, well go with they, want them gone. I understand not having a year long one. Although Cipher and myself had big plans for the New Year in terms of events. They won't be masters, but they will be somewhat big. I hope ShiChan and Gax do go with them still.

"they" created this thread to get feedback from the public. maybe if the public ask for it "they" will change their minds? the existence of this thread implies it can happen. also maybe a 2-3 times a month masters with 4-6 month periods in between would be better?with masters winners from previous masters as reserves.

I don't. I think that the incoming laddering implementation, with the (presumable) updates to form and function of rankings masters tournaments will be unnecessary.

I think that occasional tournaments, say once every 3-4 months that takes in the top XXX members of each ladder, would be better than a monthly series.

that does sound like something that could happen, but it also sounds like pvp tower will not be normal 6v6 ou 50's. the changes in it from what we have now brings up some concerns. to early to tell until it's actually out.

"they" created this thread to get feedback from the public. maybe if the public ask for it "they" will change their minds? the existence of this thread implies it can happen. also maybe a 2-3 times a month masters with 4-6 month periods in between would be better?with masters winners from previous masters as reserves.

No "they" will not change their minds most likely. The community would have to fight enough to get the other staff to fight it as well, and that's still a 25/75 yes/no ratio from my experience.

And that is kind of my thoughts, if they aren't doing it, I'll be making it unofficial. Considering it was my idea in the first place

that does sound like something that could happen, but it also sounds like pvp tower will not be normal 6v6 ou 50's. the changes in it from what we have now brings up some concerns. to early to tell until it's actually out.

yeah, the trainer tower certainly doesn't sound ideal right now. However I imagine that is what they'd like to move towards, and that is why they are getting rid of masters.

Plus a year is a pretty long time, for a relatively small game with relatively high turnover.

We also have to remember that this iteration of the pvp tower is (hopefully) not the final one - I imagine that they'll eventually implement some method of tiering pokemon for one.  Also I doubt that pvp ranking will be limited to the tower only

We will not be continuing Masters next year since it drags over too much time. However, there will likely be smaller series tournaments.

How would you guys feel about a UU Weekend?

• It would be two 32-man tournaments within the same weekend and of the UU tier.
  • Players may compete in one or both of the events. 
  • The winner of the first tournament may not partake in the second tournament.
  • The UU Weekend finals will occur immediately following the second tournament. 
  • The overall winner will win a prize with a higher value (not enough to shake the economy too much) than most tournaments.
  • The winner of each individual tournament will receive a smaller prize (likely RP) for winning their tournament.
  • Will likely occur at 2:00 or 3:00 PM EST to give Europeans a chance.

This can be built on. Feel free to give feedback and/or ideas. :)

(sorry for the double post)

Here is the concept i had in mind considering the vast numbers of players from different countries and to give everyone equal chance to participate.

The concept will be to form a team for each country in order to participate in the world cup. For this, each country will have to go through some series of challenges.

50s NU battle elimination rounds.

50s OU battle elimination rounds.
50s UU battle elimination rounds.
50s Double battle elimination rounds
100s OU single elimination rounds.

When all of the elimiation rounds are cleared, the victors will be known as "Team <country name>" in order to respresent themselfs. If possible, a signiture will be made for those who have chosen to.

To create an equal chance for everyone to participate, competitors from same countries will have to decide on when the elimination round for them should be. Referee's will be chosen from the same country as the elimination round or if there will be any volunteers to ref.

In order for a country to participate in the Cup a 5 person team must be formed. If there are less then 5 players in a team, competitors will be asked if they can also compete on other aspects, if not they will disqualified.

Each elimination round will be considered as an official event with a prize. 
Each elimination round will be 16,32 or 64 person depending on the number of participants.

Edited by Malorne

Event feedback:
Respond to people asking questions in event threads. Clarification of rules and a bracket was asked for throughout this thread https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/37299-masters-finale-series-50s-singles-january-17/page-5 and a bracket isn't even linked in the OP now. You have to go to the linked page to find one iirc. It's pretty silly when you watch staff read a thread because "gossip and sass is occurring zomg" but they don't decide to dignify people with a response.

ok so this is a bit far out. my idea is to hold a tournament by proxy. a list of new players who want to get into the comp scene would be created. then older experienced players would randomly get one of the new players and have to teach them everything and help them breed a all OT team for the tournament. they would be given "X" amount of time to do so. when the tournament starts the new players would fight and the winner would be the new player and their teacher. this would be fun and help create new comp players. however lots of rules would need to be in place. #1 the players would have to be brand new and confirmed through ip address's by staff. #2 all coaching during the tourney would be against the rules. #3 logging in on someone else's account would also have to be against the rules. the whole idea is to teach them not do it for them. this would be difficult to run however it would be cool and would be good for the comp scene. plenty of new players. this might be something to difficult for the staff to run atm. if so pls file this away for the day when it's possible.