Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

btw respect for actually doing this and asking people

That's the whole idea of this thread!

lvl 69 tournament srs. we could call it the naughty tourney and the 69's could become 100's after

2lewd

Have 100s tournaments picked up at all? Is there a need for more than one a month?

Alright. I gotcha some OU tournies, a OU/UU one, 64 man events, double eliminations and an art contest.

What else would you like?

And yes, I have plans for an NU tournament.

:wub:  :wub: :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

I suggest we have more plans like this more often.

Highly..

HIGHLY SUGGEST.

I'd really like someone commentating on the masters. (But also other official turnaments). I remember months ago watching commented streams of some doubble turney Goldeneyes ended up winning because of a crit or something, but I find it really entertaining to hear the stream. The best turnament I remember watching after being send out early. If someone who knows the meta wants to make a commented stream of some official turnaments I'd be really happy. .-D

A couple of sort of "gimmick" tourney formats I have came up with, my apologies if some of these has been suggested.

One format is that you can only use Pokemon with higher total Attack Stats than Defensive Stats. Pretty much there it is. (Salamence can be way OP though)

One format is that you can only use Pokemon that doesn't have any evolution forms in Gen 3. Seems a bit limited but I counted that there's a nice amount of Pokemon to make it happen. Skarmory and Snorlax could be a bit overpowering, though.

One is a bit more gimmicky and I don't how it would be done correctly but the idea is that Trainer is allowed to (or has to!) use a boosting item (X Attack, X Defend etc.) in the first turn they send a Pokemon. Baton Passing could be a bit overpowered so thinking if Baton Passing should be banned is an option.

So here are some suggestions for something a bit "unique" tournaments, I'd like to hear your thoughts about these. They're pretty vanilla version of the ideas and not really tried practically.

team war with 5 categories (OU 100, OU 50, UU, NU, doubles), i think is more funny in this way

Yeah, NiceTeam did a tourney about that, and in my opinion was the best war of team (official/unofficial) I've played in pokemmo (i'm talking about the organization, the method of 5 tiers, really really funny, and it didn't take more time than others wars of team, the same time)... just saying :P

So, currently masters has 3 tiers. OU 50s, 50s Doubles and 100s.

What if in 2014, there would be Team Tournament Masters?

So montly team tournies would be 3v3 (as usual) but use different tiers in individual duels. (I would sugest OU, UU and NU 50s).

Winning team gets an invitation to the Team Masters Tournament.

This Tournament proves who is the best team in 2014.

[spoiler] Im counting on LYLE to support this idea. [/spoiler]

As many of you may know, the winners of the 3 Masters tiers will be competing in a 3-man Swiss tournament.

How would you guys feel about making the Master of Masters Brawl 2/3?

Note: The Masters tournaments for each tier will not be 2/3, only the Master of Masters Brawl.

Credits go to XelaKebert for the idea.

As many of you may know, the winners of the 3 Masters tiers will be competing in a 3-man Swiss tournament.

How would you guys feel about making the Master of Masters Brawl 2/3?

Note: The Masters tournaments for each tier will not be 2/3, only the Master of Masters Brawl.

Credits go to XelaKebert for the idea.

So my original idea that no one in the staff really liked..?