Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

In fact your opinion is not that far from what i'm proposing. If you want, we can imagine something like an official rank ("event team"?)

No. I can understand why you think this is a viable idea but this is not the first time it has been rejected. We won't be having non-staff referee official events nor will we be hiring staff exclusively for event purposes.

As Emlee said, a "trusted" member is perfectly capable of being considered for a staff role and that would allow him/her to assist in events as well as the other duties to the community.

Ehh, I might get shut down on this, just because it's not entirely Pokemon related. But, it's an idea for an art contest.

Essentially, the idea would be surrounding if you made your own MMO, or thinking of an idea/theme/world in which this MMO would take place. The art comes into play by the participants creating images of what certain aspects of this world would look like. This could include, or be limited to any of these choices:

- Environment/Maps/Dungeons (Pretty straight forward; the artist could choose what effort and lengths they'd like to go to. Could be limited to an Overworld map idea, could be just a colored drawing of a certain landscape. It could also be limited to a 'Themed dungeon' and have a write up about any of these things to give a bigger picture to judges/viewers.)

- Characters (including detail of attire, could involve showing one or two of the races that inhabit this world, or if only humans, their attire and possibly a small write-up about their attributes/lore/purpose.)

- Creatures (are there creatures in this world? If not, what is the main opposition in the MMO? If Sci-fi related, could simply be enemies or battleships (lol idk))

- Weapons & Transportation (weapons might go best somehow related to the creatures or characters options to make this more challenging)

Some other ideas...writing discussing the nature of the MMO (or lore, or an explanation of the drawing) should be limited to an amount of words perhaps (but not force people to write that amount of words; I understand some people are artistically inclined but might have trouble/lack of time to write anything too long.)

:E Anyway yeah, if any staff decide this might be worthwhile, let me know...even if you change the idea a bit or whatever.

Ehh, I might get shut down on this, just because it's not entirely Pokemon related. But, it's an idea for an art contest.

Essentially, the idea would be surrounding if you made your own MMO, or thinking of an idea/theme/world in which this MMO would take place. The art comes into play by the participants creating images of what certain aspects of this world would look like. This could include, or be limited to any of these choices:

- Environment/Maps/Dungeons (Pretty straight forward; the artist could choose what effort and lengths they'd like to go to. Could be limited to an Overworld map idea, could be just a colored drawing of a certain landscape. It could also be limited to a 'Themed dungeon' and have a write up about any of these things to give a bigger picture to judges/viewers.)

- Characters (including detail of attire, could involve showing one or two of the races that inhabit this world, or if only humans, their attire and possibly a small write-up about their attributes/lore/purpose.)

- Creatures (are there creatures in this world? If not, what is the main opposition in the MMO? If Sci-fi related, could simply be enemies or battleships (lol idk))

- Weapons & Transportation (weapons might go best somehow related to the creatures or characters options to make this more challenging)

Some other ideas...writing discussing the nature of the MMO (or lore, or an explanation of the drawing) should be limited to an amount of words perhaps (but not force people to write that amount of words; I understand some people are artistically inclined but might have trouble/lack of time to write anything too long.)

:E Anyway yeah, if any staff decide this might be worthwhile, let me know...even if you change the idea a bit or whatever.

The concept is neat but other than being about an MMO it has nothing to do with PokeMMO or Pokemon in general (as you mentioned). Usually forum contests have to relate to PokeMMO a bit. Or at least that was the standard when I was involved, they may have changed that now. 

The concept is neat but other than being about an MMO it has nothing to do with PokeMMO or Pokemon in general (as you mentioned). Usually forum contests have to relate to PokeMMO a bit. Or at least that was the standard when I was involved, they may have changed that now. 

;_; Blargh, this is what I was afraid of. I just thought it would be good to showcase peoples' talents outside of drawing pokemon-related things...oh well lol if it doesn't get picked, I know why.

A contest event to where you get a chance to battle GMs and other classmen for a chance to win a pokemmo badge in which would be a banner you could post on your forums account and with the badges you win from them you get a chance to enter a spot in a Pokemmo League Tourny of which the winner of the League would get a wonderful prize. There would need to be a certain number of badges for a trainer to enter the tournament. Of this we could have certain rules to where if you was to lose to a GM than you would lose your spot in the tourny. There can be differnt set of rules for the gym by the number of pokemon a trainer must use to battle them.

Offical rules in how I would make it is that the GM can use like a mono team or semi-mono team in which they could use 1 or 2 pokes not related to its type but would have a move related to its type for like example a psychic gym to have a Venomoth and a Gengar with psychic moves. Other options to be is an egg group related pokemon in the team. For rules for the trainer would be to of have it where they can't have more than two pokes of the same type that is super effective towards what the gym represents. Like if your facing against a water gym you can't have 2 eletric pokemon but you may have 1 electric and 1 grass type and also have 2 fire types in your team as they are not super effective against water. Of the rules for both it would be like Item Sleep Species Clauses and etc.

Battles to get the gym badge could be scheduled at differnt times of the day to battle them and have people register to battle and hope to win a badge. For this I would want everyone to get involved and for the GMs and all the rest of the people that serves this community to have fun into battling each other as thats what pokemon is about. So this is just my idea on a tourny that we could do that would last for months kinda like the other tourny where you get get a masters invite if you win and get accepted in but mine of a little bit more differnt and be something everyone can enjoy. ^_^

[Spoiler] If I get rejected on hoe my idea might stinks I think I might just go hide into a corner never showing my face again as this being my first time posting opinions of ideas [/Spoiler]

A contest event to where you get a chance to battle GMs and other classmen for a chance to win a pokemmo badge in which would be a banner you could post on your forums account and with the badges you win from them you get a chance to enter a spot in a Pokemmo League Tourny of which the winner of the League would get a wonderful prize. There would need to be a certain number of badges for a trainer to enter the tournament. Of this we could have certain rules to where if you was to lose to a GM than you would lose your spot in the tourny. There can be differnt set of rules for the gym by the number of pokemon a trainer must use to battle them.

Offical rules in how I would make it is that the GM can use like a mono team or semi-mono team in which they could use 1 or 2 pokes not related to its type but would have a move related to its type for like example a psychic gym to have a Venomoth and a Gengar with psychic moves. Other options to be is an egg group related pokemon in the team. For rules for the trainer would be to of have it where they can't have more than two pokes of the same type that is super effective towards what the gym represents. Like if your facing against a water gym you can't have 2 eletric pokemon but you may have 1 electric and 1 grass type and also have 2 fire types in your team as they are not super effective against water. Of the rules for both it would be like Item Sleep Species Clauses and etc.

Battles to get the gym badge could be scheduled at differnt times of the day to battle them and have people register to battle and hope to win a badge. For this I would want everyone to get involved and for the GMs and all the rest of the people that serves this community to have fun into battling each other as thats what pokemon is about. So this is just my idea on a tourny that we could do that would last for months kinda like the other tourny where you get get a masters invite if you win and get accepted in but mine of a little bit more differnt and be something everyone can enjoy. ^_^

[Spoiler] If I get rejected on hoe my idea might stinks I think I might just go hide into a corner never showing my face again as this being my first time posting opinions of ideas [/Spoiler]

It would be interesting to create an artificial GYM & E4 made from staff
(E4 = Patrick, Tranzmaster, Hisagi, Kyu & Desu)

This thread is for posting event ideas like the kind that are posted in the Official Events section. This is describing more of a never-ending deal that can't be run as an official event.

GMs don't generate their Pokes and most really aren't "competitive" battlers [spoiler]Certainly not you Tranz, scrub.[/spoiler]If you take a look in the Competition Alley section of the forums, you might find this idea already running in a user-made fashion, it's certainly been talked about by lots of different players over a long period of time.

Alrighty. Lets get some questions going to see what you guys are wanting and ill do my best to make it happen event wise.

Prizes: What do you want if you were to place 2nd? Be reasonable

20x vitamins

100k pokedollars

3x good TMs

5x PP up

Gimmicky Events? Want more? If so, any in particular?

Lvl 1 nfe tourney (if it hasnt happened yet)

More 100s? More UU/NU/OU?

don't know

Forum Events? Which?

dont know

Art contests?

A profile picture contest for a certain staff member, staff member gets to decide winner and uses the profile picture

same reward as any other art contest

Anything else? State so~

Ready, set, go

Alrighty. Lets get some questions going to see what you guys are wanting and ill do my best to make it happen event wise.

Prizes: What do you want if you were to place 2nd? Be reasonable
pp up/max's or rp points (imo tm's/vitamnis arent good prizes for officials)
Gimmicky Events? Want more? If so, any in particular?
yeah but not so many that they outnumber the srs stuff. monotype (does it count as gimick?)has always been popular
More 100s? More UU/NU/OU?
i know i and a few other players are going to be getting into 100's. people have been getting them for mewtwo and the coming legendaries so 100's tourneys "might" be getting slightly revived. however 2/month is probably enough for now. i'd personally like to see more nu. 
Forum Events? Which?
i never participate so my opinion doesnt matter
Art contests?
i think they are awesome but i am only a spectator not a participant
Anything else? State so~
too tired cant think
Ready, set, go

btw respect for actually doing this and asking people