Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

The only thing I can see being semi-gimmicky is 3OU/3UU, and from what I can tell, that's only in effect until NU is more developed. One of the biggest suggestions that we get for team tournaments are having multiple metas. Also, a leading complaint about these tournaments is the tier used. I guess you can say they go hand-in-hand. With that being said, I believe people will attend.

NU>3OU and 3UU. I would every day of the week rather play NU than that mixed thing, and even tho we havent seem much to NU I think that when a month has gone and an official NU tourment has runned most would prefer the NU Tier. I know for sure there is more than 5 comitted NU players with 6+ NUs just in our team. But then again idk how other teams are handling NU, but personally I would love to see more of it.

I hosted a NU tournament not long ago, and tbh it was a really interesint tier compared to OU and UU atm. Much more creativity and variety in the teams, but then again this is just my personal opinion I'm just saying that I think there is more activity in NU than you think there is and that it's a really interesting tier!

i have to agree with them. ou, uu, and nu or ou doubles allows more then 8 teams and will be less gimmicky. people wont be sayin "i only lost cause UU doubles is broken" ect... and if only 8 teams get in them people will rightly say "so and so's team only won cause the other 50 better teams didnt get in". multiple days seems like the solution to making this as big as it deserves but it's up to you CM's if you want to devote that much time to it. i know in the Olympics, a lot of people couldn't get in to every event and were unhappy about it but only 1 member of each team would have to be there for each day. no professional team has so few members that it would be a problem. and if a team cant have 1 person show up then what business do they have being in this?

Right now I believe it would be a good idea to consistently run the one team tournament we do have rather than proposing more at this stage.
Getting 5-6 staff refs available on the same day to commit is quite difficult sometimes.

I know of several teams that would have trouble fielding upwards of three players, however it's always nice to have more players competing if possible.

Like a tournament that would allow 1HKO moves, or a 1HKO tournament only

A 1HKO only tournament just sounds like a worse version of Metronome, as they're both luck based, but 1HKO is more boring. Also, there's the fact OHKO moves have very low PP, unless you plan on having everyone spam leppa berries and Smeargles with Sheer Cold/Fissure/Guillotine/Horn Drill.

A tourny allowing 1HKO moves would probably just be a regular tournament, but with more Smeargles, less people participating and lots of complaining. "bs, i lost because his 30% accuracy move hit me, this tourn sucks, etc. etc."

So tl;dr no.

The Color Tournament

You must use 4 pokemon all of the same color out of red, blue, yellow, green, brown, orange purple, black and white. The staff makes a list which explicitly states which pokemon are classified as which color(You could even include shiny colorations). If they want, a pokemon can be multiple colors, but that really complicates the list. This list needs to be made, for pokemon with more than one color, such as electrode. 

101.gif

This would make for a tournament with fun teams and a similar premise to monotype, but allowing for much more interesting combinations. 

226.gif195f.gif214.gif230.gif

The Color Tournament

You must use 4 pokemon all of the same color out of red, blue, yellow, green, brown, orange purple, black and white. The staff makes a list which explicitly states which pokemon are classified as which color(You could even include shiny colorations). If they want, a pokemon can be multiple colors, but that really complicates the list. This list needs to be made, for pokemon with more than one color, such as electrode. 

101.gif

This would make for a tournament with fun teams and a similar premise to monotype, but allowing for much more interesting combinations. 

You stole ElitA's idea from back in October. Pls

The Color Tournament

101.gif

"Similar to monotype, but much more interesting combinations"

>Your example has 3 water types

Anyway, the problem with this idea is that you'd have to make clear if you're using 3rd gen or 4th gen sprites as a basis for color, as there are several coloring discrepancies between the HG/SS Sprites and the FR/LG sprites.

[spoiler]Yes, there'd be a list of them, but it'd still be nice to know what the basis is so that people aren't confused as to why x is on y list.[spoiler]Also, what Dopest said[/spoiler][/spoiler]

do a playtime event play 3 hours get a evee play 5 hours get a chansey play 13 hours get a lucky egg play 32 hours get a shiny play 35 hours get a legendary 

ofcourse it could be changed hours and pokemon wise and say you would have to ccomplete it within say like 9-20-2013- 9-22-2013

do a playtime event play 3 hours get a evee play 5 hours get a chansey play 13 hours get a lucky egg play 32 hours get a shiny play 35 hours get a legendary 

ofcourse it could be changed hours and pokemon wise and say you would have to ccomplete it within say like 9-20-2013- 9-22-2013

this is stupid no, you shouldnt get free stuff for logging hours

Stop giving out so many shit prizes for tournaments. Like 5/6 of the current prizes are 1 egg shinys. It's not exciting at all.

Better this than ultra rare shinies in broken metas tournaments with only 18 / 32 players 

[spoiler]Any reference to people or actual events is purely coincidental[/spoiler]

All of the tournaments currently in the Events Sub Forum are gimmicky, we won't be giving out anything of mid to high value for tournaments of that nature.

so no wonder there is no venomoths being given out xD

but plz an all flying tourney would be great :D

so no wonder there is no venomoths being given out xD

but plz an all flying tourney would be great :D

The Airborne Tournament was suppose to be a type of flying tournament (with some additions of course). I'm not exactly sure of what feedback Tranzmaster received over it beyond reading the discussion thread that accompanied it. 

I never seem to consider Venonat/Moth for prizes (not sure why), maybe it's something I should look into for future tournaments or suggest to others though as we have repeated some prizes and not awarded others at all. 

A bounty hunting event!!!! Remember the event where you find a cm? Kinda exactly like that but instead of a point system the first person to find the cms gets $$$$$$

An awesome event to involve the new money system :D

This seems like an event that could be open to all sorts of players, I like this idea. I may try to work this kind of event out, sometime.

As we are in PovertyMMO now, is there a chance we'll see PokeYen Prizes or at least second prizes in official tourneys?

We are unsure whether it would be a good idea to directly give out in-game currency, especially in the newer days of its release. So for now, it most likely will not happen.

On the topic of prizes, are there any items that would be liked as a second place prize? (IE: Vitamins, PP Maxes, along those lines.)