Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

Ah I see, with 16 teams that means 8 duels in round 1. If we assume 15 minutes for each matchup only the first round alone would take 2 hours mmmmmhmm.

Only more reason to have a new staff poisition below CM that is called CA 'Competitive Assistant'. JUST SAYIN.

Hey Can You Guys Make A Tournament Rated(f)for fair like every one having the same poke and nature(i can do the catching if you want)same lv and we all battle it will be a fair battle with same pokes so everyone has a chance so like no one wins because he was using blastoise and opponent had charizard(it happens)

regestration can be 8th Agust And Tournament At 11th or 10th or 13th Agust

pls do make the Event

Hey Can You Guys Make A Tournament Rated(f)for fair like every one having the same poke and nature(i can do the catching if you want)same lv and we all battle it will be a fair battle with same pokes so everyone has a chance so like no one wins because he was using blastoise and opponent had charizard(it happens)

regestration can be 8th Agust And Tournament At 11th or 10th or 13th Agust

pls do make the Event

Had an idea like this once. The problem is that you cannot trade the last Pokemon in your team. This would open up the tournament for people to cheat. Simply by going to their PC and grabbing a Pokemon with a favored Nature/IVs/EVs. There would be no way to check this during the tournament.

My Idea: Luck Hunting

My idea is a tournament based around hunting for Lucky Eggs. The most lucky person to find the most Lucky Eggs in given time wins!

This tournament shows tests skill in determination, rage keeping and of course your luck. (Yes, before you ask luck is a skill.) 

This tournament which i, Master Shrew has come up with will and can only be placed in the Safari Zone (since you can only find Chansey which has the Lucky Egg in the Safari Zone).

Please give constructive feed back to me, Master Shrew, so i won't make the same mistake as i have made this time if i have made any. I hope i will see this tournament happening sometime later on. See you at the games.

Inc.Team Plasma

My Idea: Luck Hunting

My idea is a tournament based around hunting for Lucky Eggs. The most lucky person to find the most Lucky Eggs in given time wins!

This tournament shows tests skill in determination, rage keeping and of course your luck. (Yes, before you ask luck is a skill.)

This tournament which i, Master Shrew has come up with will and can only be placed in the Safari Zone (since you can only find Chansey which has the Lucky Egg in the Safari Zone).

Please give constructive feed back to me, Master Shrew, so i won't make the same mistake as i have made this time if i have made any. I hope i will see this tournament happening sometime later on. See you at the games.

Inc.Team Plasma

Yea, ill just bring my chansey with lucky egg and win.

Had an idea like this once. The problem is that you cannot trade the last Pokemon in your team. This would open up the tournament for people to cheat. Simply by going to their PC and grabbing a Pokemon with a favored Nature/IVs/EVs. There would be no way to check this during the tournament.

i will give them pokemon when tournament starts and that way they canot cheat

1. Team Rocket Invasion

''Team Rocket has Invaded [Insert Town/Cave Name Here]! Defeat all the Team Rocket members !''

The lvl of the Team Rocket members will be adjusted to the lvl of your pokemon , so it will be fun for even end-game teams.

When all Team Rocket members have been defeated [which will be 15 members] a boss appears and everyone has to fight him.

He will have stronger pokemon then the Team Rocket members , Once you defeated the boss of Team Rocket , Everyone will receive a prize and a notification will say ''Congratulations! You have succesfully defeat Team Rocket!''

This event can happen with the next gen teams too , like team Aqua etc.

The event will last 1 hour.

When you win , you will receive the prize from a random citizen in the town.

This random event will have random difficulties , Easy/Normal/Hard

The harder the difficulty , The more enemies and higher lvl pokemon

But also a higher value prize.

Easy : 10 enemies 1 boss

Normal : 20 enemies 1 boss

hard : 30 enemies 2 bosses

2. Battle Tower

''Battle Tower [Color] has appeared in [Insert Area name here] ! Fight your way up the tower to win a prize!''

This tower will randomly appear on the map , and can't spawn in caves and towns. Only on routes.

The tower will have random difficulties. [Meaning , the difficulty will vary from Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold]

Let me explain about these random difficulties :

A Red Tower has 10 floors , and you will have 20 minutes to defeat all the floors. [Has a 50% to appear]

A Blue Tower has 25 floors , and you will have 40 minutes to defeat all the floors. [Has a 25% to appear]

A Yellow Tower has 50 floors  , and you will have 80 minutes to defeat all the floors [Has a 10% to appear].

A Gold Tower has 100 floors , and you will have 160 minutes to defeat all the floors.[Has a 5% to appear]

Every difficulty has a different boss in the end.

You will have to fight the trainers of the games Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold.

And im sure they won't go easy on you.

Also , the higher the difficulty , The higher the value of the prizes you get.

3. Legendary Chaos

[Insert legendary pokemons in here] Have been spotted in [Insert Area Name here] [Insert they are attacking/destroying something] , stop them!]

No , This won't be a random event where you can catch a legendary pokemon.

A few Random Legendary pokemon will appear in a random area , You will have to visit this area

and fight the legendary pokemon , BUT , the legendary pokemons will have  strong stats , so they wont be going down easily.

After defeating the legendary pokemon you will receive a prize , and the legendary pokemons will vanish.

You will receive the prize from a trainer the legendary pokemon were about to attack.

The random difficulty (Easy/Normal/Hard) will have these effects:

Easy : 1 legendary

Normal: 2 legendaries

Hard: 3 legendaries.

NOTE: These Legendaries will NOT be catchable.

Also , All the difficulties will be completely random.

Hear me out, guys.

Tournaments nowadays need some spicing up. Now, instead of gimmick tournaments, I propose we get Archinix to get drunk and commentate tournament streams. Naturally, the problem with this is that we need someone to setup a stream, but this should be a minor obstacle.

After much contemplation, consultation with various sources, and more, it has been determined that I must hold a poll on the public opinion regarding this. The options are:

1: Yes.
2: No.
3: All the staff should drunk commentate.

Now, I don't want just voting, I want sophisticated and well written reasons and good discussion regarding this. No nonsense.

As for my stance, we have seen in the past that so called "Drunk Staff Commentary" is a very effective method of entertaining players, as seen in Plizard's not-so-famous drunk stream. This alone is grounds for another attempt at drunk commentary, but public input is required.

Discuss.

Hear me out, guys.

Tournaments nowadays need some spicing up. Now, instead of gimmick tournaments, I propose we get Archinix to get drunk and commentate tournament streams. Naturally, the problem with this is that we need someone to setup a stream, but this should be a minor obstacle.

After much contemplation, consultation with various sources, and more, it has been determined that I must hold a poll on the public opinion regarding this. The options are:

1: Yes.
2: No.
3: All the staff should drunk commentate.

Now, I don't want just voting, I want sophisticated and well written reasons and good discussion regarding this. No nonsense.

As for my stance, we have seen in the past that so called "Drunk Staff Commentary" is a very effective method of entertaining players, as seen in Plizard's not-so-famous drunk stream. This alone is grounds for another attempt at drunk commentary, but public input is required.

Discuss.

I think that listening to drunken staff members run commentary on tournaments will enhance the community in several ways. Firstly staff will seem less like they try to distance themselves from the community, and secondly I just wanna see what they do drunk.

+1 for option 3

I think that listening to drunken staff members run commentary on tournaments will enhance the community in several ways. Firstly staff will seem less like they try to distance themselves from the community, and secondly I just wanna see what they do drunk.

+1 for option 3

I don't know whats so funny about drunk commentating. If you have to find pleasure in that, the game really fails lel. However I do agree there should be a stream with some nice commentary, so my name pops up more on streams and i will be worshiped like a god srs, MIRIN YOLO SWAG

I don't know whats so funny about drunk commentating. If you have to find pleasure in that, the game really fails lel. However I do agree there should be a stream with some nice commentary, so my name pops up more on streams and i will be worshiped like a god srs, MIRIN YOLO SWAG

its certainly possible that they won't be interesting, just drunk

[spoiler] but its always possible that it'll be what it finally takes for [insert staff member] to confess their secret love for [insert staff member] in the most inappropriate way possible[/spoiler]

don't worry I'm mirin u brah

Barrage commentating gonna bash you all day on stream, mad?

On a serious note if you are going to plan streaming (which you should) please have someone who knows something about the game commentate. Plizard was just bad and his stream became very annoying IMO, it would be better if he'd actually follow what was happening :P

No offense, just my opinion.

(Just saying in advance, I am not going to read through 251 posts to see if this was suggested before)

Anyway, I noticed the increase of creative events/contests and thought of something involving the "Trade threads"

The contest is: Create the most original/best bump; gif or picture.

No idea for the prize, probably a vanity item like the other rewards.

Since mega evolutions were announced not too long ago, I'd like to see a:

Mega Evolution Art Contest

Rules are simple:

-Participants are required to draw their own fan made mega evolution design.

-All artwork must be 100% by you. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.

Winner can win something like the "Reverse Scene" vanity item, which relates in a way.

cuz its super saiyan and all..