Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

Accent competition. Anyone who manages to do an impression of a number of accents wins. Do it on the Teamspeak. Unbanning Lax n TF n Skazord will be the prize.

I've been holding onto this one until I got a shiny electric Pokemon, but that's not going to happen.

[b]Thunderstruck! [/b][b][size=1]or something![/size][/b]

The event takes place in the Power Plant. Everyone must line up at the door until the race starts. Two organizers are needed, but more will make it run smoother. One organizer remains at the entrance, while the other remains at Zapdos. The object for the players is to reach Zapdos and return to the entrance. First person to complete the race earns a certain number of points, probably around 5. Other points may be earned via catching competitive Pokemon. In the spirit of a 'race' I think it should be based solely off of Pokemon rarity and nature, and ignore IVs. For example, a Hasty/Naive Electabuzz is worth the most points. Maybe 10. Modest/Timid could be worth 8. Etc. Etc. The whole event will have to be timed and you can only have a certain amount of entries - three probably. The points would need some adjusting and whatnot, but I think it could be fun.

Oh yeah, each member must make it to Zapdos and back, there is no /unstuck or dig or backdoor. The second organizer must see the competitors get to the entrance from the inside, not the front door, to finish.

[quote name='Atuan' timestamp='1361129534' post='200776']
I've been holding onto this one until I got a shiny electric Pokemon, but that's not going to happen.

[b]Thunderstruck! [/b][b][size=1]or something![/size][/b]

The event takes place in the Power Plant. Everyone must line up at the door until the race starts. Two organizers are needed, but more will make it run smoother. One organizer remains at the entrance, while the other remains at Zapdos. The object for the players is to reach Zapdos and return to the entrance. First person to complete the race earns a certain number of points, probably around 5. Other points may be earned via catching competitive Pokemon. In the spirit of a 'race' I think it should be based solely off of Pokemon rarity and nature, and ignore IVs. For example, a Hasty/Naive Electabuzz is worth the most points. Maybe 10. Modest/Timid could be worth 8. Etc. Etc. The whole event will have to be timed and you can only have a certain amount of entries - three probably. The points would need some adjusting and whatnot, but I think it could be fun.

Oh yeah, each member must make it to Zapdos and back, there is no /unstuck or dig or backdoor. The second organizer must see the competitors get to the entrance from the inside, not the front door, to finish.
[/quote]
I think some idiots would get confused about how that works. Is it a race or is it a pokemon hunt would be their main query, other then that. Love it.

Single pokemon tournament. Not just 1 vs. 1. I'm talking 6 vs. 6 but the rule being that all 6 have to be the exact same pokemon.

On a semi-related note, I don't understand the rule you have on there about not using the same pokemon more than once. If someone wants to use 3 Charizards I don't see why they should be stopped. A single water type would destroy all 3.

Guys, this thread is not for the criticism of posted ideas. Feel free to criticise a staff event that has already been run, but not user-submitted ideas.
We want this thread to be all about sharing ideas.
[quote name='Selfdestructo' timestamp='1361144126' post='201026']
On a semi-related note, I don't understand the rule you have on there about not using the same pokemon more than once. If someone wants to use 3 Charizards I don't see why they should be stopped. A single water type would destroy all 3.
[/quote]
Species clause will be present in all tournaments that we run. It's a standard clause for competitive play.
You can read a bit about it [url="http://wiki.pokemon-online.eu/wiki/Clause#Species_Clause"]here[/url].

To be honest, I think we need better prizes all around. It's always first place shiny, second place youjustspentaweekpreparingfor+3levelsfromcandy.

Why not throw some more masterballs around? Some cheap vanity items? A PP Max? Anything that rewards getting that far but not far enough. I think ChrisChris had a damn good mock prize list you should try out.

[quote name='Atuan' timestamp='1361472048' post='206162']
To be honest, I think we need better prizes all around. It's always first place shiny, second place youjustspentaweekpreparingfor+3levelsfromcandy.

Why not throw some more masterballs around? Some cheap vanity items? A PP Max? Anything that rewards getting that far but not far enough. I think ChrisChris had a damn good mock prize list you should try out.
[/quote]

[s]Or why not even a pokemon that is not available yet?

I know many of you people would complain about someone getting a pokemon that you cannot obtain yet, but it shouldn't be something big. Hell, a zigzagoon could easily make people excited, and it is not something that you would use in tournaments. [/s]Lol nevermind.

EDIT: Or maybe even an egg that contains random pokemon for fun. Or nah.

[quote name='Heavenol' timestamp='1361472916' post='206171']
Or why not even a pokemon that is not available yet?

I know many of you people would complain about someone getting a pokemon that you cannot obtain yet, but it dosen't have to be something big. Hell, a zigzagoon could easily make people excited, and it is not something that you would use in tournaments.
[/quote]
It would get people very excited and soon there will be that thing breeding so new pokes are probably a no go.

[quote name='Heavenol' timestamp='1361473090' post='206176']
If that is a problem, i'm sure the devs can make it unbreedable.
[/quote]
Seems a lot of work for something so small to be honest. They also wanted to keep down the number of obtainable pokemon so there is something to be excited for when the other regions come out.

[quote name='Dougington' timestamp='1361473179' post='206180']
Seems a lot of work for something so small to be honest. They also wanted to keep down the number of obtainable pokemon so there is something to be excited for when the other regions come out.
[/quote]

That is true.

[quote name='timmyboi' timestamp='1361479804' post='206274']
also with the team tourney for the prize it should also be the team that wins their thread gets pinned at the top of round table
[/quote]

Yeah I like this idea. Instead of having like 50 pinned teams, we could have 1 pinned topic with links to the threads. Called veteran Team Tourney winners or something.
+10 on this idea

[quote name='Kimikozen' timestamp='1361481161' post='206328']
Yeah I like this idea. Instead of having like 50 pinned teams, we could have 1 pinned topic with links to the threads. Called veteran Team Tourney winners or something.
+10 on this idea
[/quote] so your suggesting the hall of fame? how about just pin them til next month winner wins then pin tem instead etc

Today I thought of an Idea that would be pretty cool Imo.
If there was a battle frontier-factory (The one where you would get rentals and swap if you beat your opponent every round) tourney. Where people submit there
Pokemon to some host (preferably a mod) and you would get random Pokemon from that host and fight it out in like a 16 bracket or something.

It would be hard to host, and if people submitted terrible Pokemon it would not work, but ehhh. I thought I needed to share my thoughts