Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

Pretty sure someone already talked about it but im gonna do it again, it's important.

Since the matchmaking is broken for UU and NU, the CC events should have a ¥ fee, not a BP fee. This is easy to change and it would be helpful for many players that don't want to waste time on the Battle Frontier because a game mechanic doesn't work the way it should.

Reposting this in the 113th page of this post where you can't even click on "last page" cuz it's somewhat more relevant according to Munya roflmao. So... here we go.

---------------

Wassup guys, 

so when I was looking for the next NU tournament, I was very disappointed as there's close to none upcoming. I also felt it's been some times since the last one so I decided to check what happen from the last one which was in 18/05, to the  latter event planned...

18/05 [NU] Ore Tsubasa Demo Habataku | Shiny Taillow
19/05 [OU] Mary Had a Little Lamb | Shiny Mareep
21/05 [OU] Sparring Session | Shiny Breloom
23/05 [LC] Venomous Stall | Shiny Venonat
24/05 [OU] Real Steel | Metagross
29/05 [UU] Don't be a buzzkill | Shiny Mandibuzz
01/06 [Doubles] Audino What Title To Put Here  | Audino
05/06 [OU] Tell Me Your Story | Shiny Yamask
08/06 [OU] Graveyard Smash | Shiny Litwick
14/06 [UU] The Sweetest Tree Sap |  Shiny Heracross
16/06 [OU] Glass HO Hana To Kuzureru | Shiny Solosis

Out of 11 event in a 1month timespan:

6 OU (55%)

2 UU (18%)

1 NU (9%)

1 Double (9%)

1 LC (9%)

So I heard stories about how events are organized, hosts are free to choose the tier they want from what i've been told.

But don't you think there's a probleme here ? I mean, gratz, there are shinies to win but guys, OU is not the only tier right ? There's no NU, Double or even LC planned for the next 10 days ! 

I don't know if there's some kind of form to fill when you're a GM and trying to make an event, yet there should be some kind of tier spread that blocks you if there's too many OU event upcoming for example because that's kind of disturbing.

Edited by ApacheHelicopter

I have several suggestions regarding the state of PvE events:

Currently, there are 5 events up that aren't tournaments, and they are all exactly the same catching contest, but with a different target and prize.

The PvE aspect of the game is severely lacking once the storyline and pokedex are completed. Its only redemption are seasonal halloween/xmas events, shiny hunting and actively farming cash.

I think official PvE events would be a fine solution if they weren't so monotonous.

I have a two solutions to amend this:

1.A greater variety of PvE event archetypes. Just dig through the event archive and revive formats that worked great:

2. Optimizing current events:

Rather than finding a shiny prize you like and then making them hunt that, make people hunt things that have value in being farmed.

Like Relicanth for green shards. Or farfetch'd for sticks. Hell, even chanseys for lucky eggs.

Or any hoenn safari pokemon, to give people an excuse to go there, as it has many rare shinies.

The most use you currently get out of a catching contest is, at best, a couple good breeders. But there are ways to hit two birds with one stone.

Furthermore, a focus on co-op would be nice. Make events that require teams of 2-4 people.

Like just turn 'scavenger hunt' into 'team scavenger hunt', often it doesn't take too much modification to make a nicely-working format.

I'm sure it would work fine in trivia, hide-and-seek etc, just by combining teammates' score pools.

tl;dr

please make more PvE events that aren't catching contests.

and when you do make catching contests, please make people catch things that will help them in other aspects in the game.

What is with literally every single non-CC tournament being within the same 10 hour window of time? That's like 5am-3pm for me. Please try to work on more diversity for event timings, you have staff from literally every central time zone in this world. It's really inconvenient for a significant chunk of this planet that has morning schedules, I haven't been able to take part in an official event for a month now :c

Seriously, please try to look at what times the other events in the week are being held and schedule an event at a time of day every other event that week isn't being held :c

It's more irksome than events corner being barren that the events we do get fall within the same time slots all the time.

Hi everyone,

With the amount of posts on this thread recently, I think it's worth me just writing this to let you guys know that your constructive feedback is welcomed and appreciated, I do read and take into account all the comments on this thread and it's definitely something I try to think of when it comes to events planning. Just wanted to quickly apologise for the bareness of the PvP events list over the last days and whilst I can't go into details now about future events, we do have more events coming up which I'm sure our events staff looking forward to sharing with you soon.

Have a nice day. :)

We only have ~2 tourneys of each tier per month atm (i'm not counting the CC's), kinda low don't you think?

Edit :

June

OU : 05/06 + 08/06 + 16/06 + 23/06

UU : 14/06 + 22/06 + 29/06

NU : 21/06 + 30/06

Dubs : 01/06

LC : ?

July

OU : 06/07 + 26/07

UU : 13/07 + 14/07

NU : 21/07

Dubs : 07/07

LC : 19/07

Edited by Maekaaay

Whilst I agree that not EVERY catching competition has a shiny prize, although it seems like it atm, I do think that they get far too many compared to tournaments which take a lot more time, skill and money. Anyway on to my point:

(this is all for this month)

Looking in the event archive and what's been announced so far, not including player hosted tournaments, there has/will be 19 catching competitions and 14 tournaments. Of those there has/will be 14 shiny prizes for catching and 6 for tournaments. 

That's 73.7% of catching competition prizes and 42.8% of tournament prizes that will be shiny.

(Also not including the 5 CC's a week).

honestly feel that recently competitive players are being pushed away. Catching a pokemon doesn't deserve a shiny more (in my opinion) than someone who has sat through hours of battling. Catching competitions are getting 70% of the shiny prizes. I'm not saying take them away, I'm saying make it more balanced. Give players a reason to play. Something worth sitting down for hours for.