Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

27 minutes ago, Zymogen said:

why was the nidoqueen NU removed?

As shown in the Official Events Calendar linked below, event '[NU] Rise of the Queen' hosted by SneakyTeddi has been rescheduled for Friday 1st February at 9pm GMT.

Reading @RysPicz comments about IV's of shiny rewards for a huge pvp event I'd like to chime in on the subject.

The reasoning behind the current IV distribution for shiny pvp rewards is outdated and stems from a time where the community (and therefor the amount of shinies) was far fewer than nowadays.

With more players and shinies in the market, the impact a perfect IV'd shiny reward is a lot less than it used to be.

The main argument in favor for the sub-optimal IV's was always 'economy'. 

Now it's time to adapt to the new state of the economy and realize the amount of rewards contributing to the market are but a drop in an ocean. Especially in their untradeable state.

A perfect IV'd gift shiny reward should become the new standard.

Rarity of those gift shiny rewards would remain a limiting factor to their obtainability, as that's a fair factor.

This feedback is intirely objective as I do not personally gain anything from having it implemented, but I believe in 2019, it's time to improve the rewards.

i like except for this word improve. how good or bad the thing comp is depends on context. the context has changed making the prize worse. it's not really making the prize better so much as bringing it up to par the new standard. 

a bucket in a outhouse in 1840 was fine, but now adays it wont pass inspection and you wont get a permit to live there.

Edited by fredrichnietze
Just now, fredrichnietze said:

i like except for this word improve. how good or bad the thing comp is depends on context. the context has changed making the prize worse. it's not really making the prize better so much as bringing it up to par the new standard. 

so what you're saying is they're not up to standard, so they need to be... improved? 

31 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Not just perfect IV's, but complete customization of IV's should be the option. We should be able to select the IV's from 0-31 when "creating" our tournament prizes. 

shiny 6x0 quirky gang rise up

Glanced at the past few weeks to see the amount of officials being hosted per week (PvP perspective):
https://gyazo.com/3dea333be2f6ffd781c7680ea5cd6ff3 (1)

https://gyazo.com/f1ad7da943390aaddc5d5a12758c3417 (2)

https://gyazo.com/7447e6eb81d06e8b492d3deb78b9bb7d (3)

https://gyazo.com/0dc0473a042625058c0708e0911d48f7 (2)

https://gyazo.com/3089de61b784c110f500f51aed65d323 (2)

I get that there's a ratio between PvP and PvE, and that people can be busy but it has been like this for a while now. It feels like staff relies on player-hosted events and CCs, which shouldn't be the case. Officials should be hosted actively, and I'm sure the community wants staff to be more proactive in this. We need more official PvP events to continue to improve and test the meta; especially for lower tiers since matchmaking is only reliable for OU. Can the higher ups, events coordinator, or whoever is in charge of this please work towards fixing this current model for delivery? 

On 3/10/2019 at 8:19 PM, DrButler said:

would you be so kind to stop hosting 32 entry NUs?

i already posted a screenshot of more than 60 people registering for the one last sunday and the same thing happened today - withing 3 seconds there was 50 registrations. people actually play NU, i dont know why ur hosting 32man ones. its not like there were any that didnt fill.

d57c22baab0fc6063f49b09e72a2c108.png

Even 32 man officials would be appreciated at this point

3 hours ago, MentalHatter said:

Hey guys so I have a suggestion.

I dont know if I am at the right place but here we go!

Can you make wild encounters like in pokemon lets go?

Not the catching part but like you can see which pokemon is running where and such?

Thank you guys!

Great game! Loving it

The closest thing to this that is implemented in this game would be phenomenons. You would see rustling grass, a spot in the water or a dust cloud. They are exclusive to the Unova region and spawn at random set locations every few mins.

Check out this guide from the guide tavern: