Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

ubers tourney where everyone gets a mewtwo or rayquaza to use for the duration of the tourney. ubers isnt a balanced tier to begin with and this type of gimick would make it fun and unique. more difficult to pull of then a normal tourney but hey it'd be fun and you can do a dozen of them a year not just a one off. if you get your legendary during the 10 minutes waiting for the tourney you can build your team around the presumably random set and it'd be a unique experience every time. 

writing shit and art. always loved those

17 minutes ago, Bilburt said:

Ah okay, because YIBU denied a request of the stats in the catch event thread I thought this is some new policy not to share spreadsheet anymore.

Edit: Yeah my bad, I misunderstood the context.

Edited by OrangeManiac
1 minute ago, OrangeManiac said:

Ah okay, because YIBU denied a request of the stats in the catch event thread I thought this is some new policy not to share spreadsheet anymore.

thats because there are no stats, if you look at the sheet you will see theres only a few entries. and we have no actual amount of total entries gotten/ players participated

1 minute ago, OrangeManiac said:

Uh actually those stats I asked were about the number of shiny karps found during the event (they doesnt have acess to this kind of data I guess)

well many time ago, ppl is disgunting about tournaments prize we daily breed some comps to be a better competitive player but when there is a tournament and you see the prize you say like wow i spend to much money to make a team and the prize is only 1m or 1krp  (that are devalued) and a shittie shiny prize 2x31 4x25, i'm not the best comp player and neither won a tour with shiny price, just won a CC, my point is, make a decent team take to much time and money, make tournament prize like 128 at least 3m o 2k rp, second place 2m or 1k rp, 3-4 1m 500rp, with that rp be revalued a and we definitely want to participate in a tour one i'm not saying that shiny prize are bad just the money, shiny price can be 3x31 and 3x25 be more interesting, and we all want it.

so increase tournaments money compensation better.

google translate sucks btw.

GN ;)

Edited by Quilachy
15 hours ago, Risadex said:

Did anyone sugested stuff like "weekend exp bonus" or "bp bonus" or even some weekend events like the xmas or Halloween one (ofc not so good prizes)

Can you explain why temporary exp bonus arent encouraged?

I suppose because as far as I'm aware such a thing isn't possible, at least unless the devs made an item that gave such a perk

4 hours ago, Kizhaz said:

I suppose because as far as I'm aware such a thing isn't possible, at least unless the devs made an item that gave such a perk

Idk, donator status is a thing, they can just put it globaly with a weekend cooldown. But I guess there are (tons of)  priority stuff on to-do list