Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

Some events i'd like to see happen again

Spoiler

1v1 Ou mayhem

tag team tournaments

"will you be my date" tournament

airborne tournament

daycare dilemma

the most average magikarp

international  incident

stab tournament

battle of the tiers

smeargle mashup

throwback tournament

monotype mashup

Catchmmo

KYU CONQUEST/ AWESOME TOURNAMENTS!!!!

Spoiler

yea ik different different meta, mechanics bla bla but still

Edited by Lightningvolt01
how can i forget catchmmo

I know this has been said, but I think it would make a very fun one. Our team did one today that was pretty awesome. 3v3 lv10 togepi metronome only tourney. 

IVs can be perfect and still lose to a bunch of jokes, so it's just a fun way to roll the dice and just hold Z down and you're golden to watch events unfold as they may. (Togepi using Roar of Time, etc is pretty funny, too.) 
  I don't know how this would work in the tourney brackets but round robin worked for us, based on total number of wins, which made it easy to divide up the winnings. I dunno just a thought. 

On 4/21/2018 at 10:28 PM, Pipo said:

I know this has been said, but I think it would make a very fun one. Our team did one today that was pretty awesome. 3v3 lv10 togepi metronome only tourney. 

IVs can be perfect and still lose to a bunch of jokes, so it's just a fun way to roll the dice and just hold Z down and you're golden to watch events unfold as they may. (Togepi using Roar of Time, etc is pretty funny, too.) 
  I don't know how this would work in the tourney brackets but round robin worked for us, based on total number of wins, which made it easy to divide up the winnings. I dunno just a thought. 

We have done this from time to time, just at level 25.

26 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Could be time for another @Kyu 256-man OU tournament with an EPIC ass prize. Just to give some of the non-seasonal players a big event to look forward to. I'm picturing a nice Sunday morning with say, a Shiny Hydreigon + several mil for first?

We can definitely discuss hosting another 256-man tournament but please do not expect for the prize to be comparable to what is going to be given for this years Seasonal finale if anything it will be slightly better than what we usually give for 128-man tournaments or comparable with a higher pokeyen prize.

1 hour ago, Squirtle said:

We can definitely discuss hosting another 256-man tournament but please do not expect for the prize to be comparable to what is going to be given for this years Seasonal finale if anything it will be slightly better than what we usually give for 128-man tournaments or comparable with a higher pokeyen prize.

I didn't think Hydrei was comparable at all tbh. 

5 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

I didn't think Hydrei was comparable at all tbh. 

I looked into it more and this poke would be suitable except itwas fairly recently provided as a prize for another tournament so it would not be able to be given out again for awhile. But this level of prize would be acceptable for an event like this.

23 hours ago, Squirtle said:

I looked into it more and this poke would be suitable except itwas fairly recently provided as a prize for another tournament so it would not be able to be given out again for awhile. But this level of prize would be acceptable for an event like this.

How about Haxorus? Cool shiny sprite, 3 man hordes, market value around 15m or so.

1 hour ago, IDKPRO said:

Shiny shedinja prize? 

I am sorry I won't continue to answer whether a certain poke is available or not. If a staff member decides they want to hold this event they have the ability to seek out player input on deciding which prize they propose and they will know if it is available for use.

1 hour ago, Gunthug said:

Writing competition or I will orchestrate a one person riot in creative media subforun the likes of which have never been seen 

that'll be a cool discovery for whoever next opens that subforum 10 years from now.

1 hour ago, Gunthug said:

Writing competition or I will orchestrate a one person riot in creative media subforun the likes of which have never been seen 

go write a book or something that probably gives u more reward than this, youll get like 600k max

Improve CC tournaments,

remove BP buy in, place a yen buy in, add the 'buy in yen' to the pool that, that the normal CC tour would have. (imagine 10k entry per player, 32 players, 1st player would get 320k on top, if 32 spots got filled). Especially for tiers like NU/UU/Doubles in which some don't clear BF/E4 or play MM cause dead tiers in MM.

Edited by redspawn
typos