Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

4 hours ago, Bearminator said:

It would be same as now I think. Now if youhave three players you can Play round or two - and who would like to quit TT after winning two rounds?

I was worriedabout bracket but we Saw New teams as well, and this month thread will be posted earlier, so all teams can prepare. 

But if some team doesnt have lc or doubles Player, I would suggest to look for one now

If this is the case, would it be possible to push TT back an hour or two, so it won't go on for too long?

55 minutes ago, Suneet said:

If this is the case, would it be possible to push TT back an hour or two, so it won't go on for too long?

That's my biggest issue. I started to count how Long each match took, with 5 players and 3. I will show it to you guys when I will be back at Home.

Doubles and LC are usually quick and those were battles that ended earlier, but we will see with full data

1 hour ago, Bearminator said:

That's my biggest issue. I started to count how Long each match took, with 5 players and 3. I will show it to you guys when I will be back at Home.

Doubles and LC are usually quick and those were battles that ended earlier, but we will see with full data

My match vs Frags ended after OU and NU  had ended iirc, but in most cases you're right in thinking Dubs and LC go quicker than OU/UU/NU. I'm pretty sure we're gonna be fine on time, would just be a tiny bit longer than a regular OU/UU/NU TT.

On 1.10.2017 at 1:27 PM, Draekyn said:

My match vs Frags ended after OU and NU  had ended iirc, but in most cases you're right in thinking Dubs and LC go quicker than OU/UU/NU. I'm pretty sure we're gonna be fine on time, would just be a tiny bit longer than a regular OU/UU/NU TT.

Ye it was one time. One round with 5 man took about 5 minutes longer than 3 players, which isn't that bad. We're discussing it tho

2 hours ago, Zymogen said:

Bil been staff for a month and is already doing better xd

To host events isn't the only job of a staff member. Every staff member got a job and does his job pretty well, voluntarily. Without staffs that are doing a lot of work behind the scenes (Munya for example) the game couldn't exist. Trashtalking them for spending there free-time and giving his best for the game is completely pointless.

Nothing against Bilburt, btw.

Edited by Billla

WHO'S THE DITTO 

To have this event, u need to have a few(better to have 3) helper(other mods) to help you.

First, each mod choose a player(ditto) *don't choose the same person 

Second, have players play and a plan of who versus who.. *ditto don't fight ditto

Third, make sure every player have only 1 pokemon with them in the duel(to make it fast) 

What does ditto do? 

Ditto will whisper "ditto" to the challenger (up to them if they want to say it or not) 

Once whispered Ditto, the player is out. (make sure they tell u who told them the secret word to ensure it is not some prankster) 

How does it end? 

A player can guess who is a ditto. If wrong, guesser is out of the game. If correct, the ditto is out and this player gets a prize(shiny ditto?) 

Important

Ditto can't eliminate anyone in the first round. 

Ditto must at least eliminate 1 person every 3 rounds(make sure ditto can't keep hiding) 

Duel win/loss does not matter 

Ditto can eliminate anyone not out. 

If a player gets outside help to find who is a ditto, punished(cant join any more events?) 

Ditto must tell the host who they are eliminating before saying ditto. 

~IDKPRO

Not sure why I am doing this because this is not even an event suggestion but a suggestion for a POKEMMO special only. But here it is. 

I would wanna suggest to start having this special search event that works like the altering cave.

1)So, what is a special search event?   

Special pokemon are able to Spawn in a certain location chosen by Admins. (example: Axew can be found in berry forest for 1h)

2) How do players know event is on? 

System message and a message on global chat that (pokemon) will be available in (location) for (duration). 

3) Wouldn't it be unfair for players that never meet with the time zone? 

Event be up 2 times per day (up to mods to decide if they accept this suggestion) 

4) What will the chances of that pokemon appearing in the event? 

I would suggest 10%(But up to mods to decide if they accept this suggestion)