Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

2 minutes ago, SweeTforU said:

@Bearminator the new TT format is really cool and i would love to play in this one. the only bad thing about this tt is the date. there's this fight of mayweather vs mcgregor on the 26th and im sure that like 99% of the world gonna watch it including me, so can u please consider changing the date?

Two monitors master race.

I'm afraid date needs to stay at currently posted day for now. :3

Thanks for finally bringing 5v5 to Team Tournament. However, the question remains: Why only finals is 5v5? If you don't have 5 players your chances of winning the TT isn't really that good because everyone obviously wants to go for it all so it's not like we're protecting the smaller teams, which was the argument before. I don't think time is much of an issue either. If anything, 5 man can ironically speed things up. When so many TT battles come down to the last (stall) match to end because statistically 50% of the time the third battle determines the winner. Because these matches happen simultaneously, the chances that we have to wait that last stall match to end is notably lower. So hype for 5v5 but please do it for every round.

4 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

I don't think time is much of an issue either. If anything, 5 man can ironically speed things up. 

This is exactly reason, why we wanted to test it for final match first. We simply want to see how it will run, then we will make change into other rounds. We might end up making TT 5 players for every round, and I'm happy to say we're willing to do it after this one time test. 

17 minutes ago, SweeTforU said:

@Bearminator the new TT format is really cool and i would love to play in this one. the only bad thing about this tt is the date. there's this fight of mayweather vs mcgregor on the 26th and im sure that like 99% of the world gonna watch it including me, so can u please consider changing the date?

Isn't the fight starting at like 4am BST on 27th? TT should most likely be over by then

1 hour ago, SweeTforU said:

Tt should finish a few hours before. 

2 hours ago, SweeTforU said:

Can confirm what the others are saying and the Team Tournament should be more than over before the fight starts. Booked that shit up yesterday, hypeeee!

We didn't want to spring a whole 5v5 Team Tournament on you and would rather introduce the idea slowly and see what reception it is getting. If the two teams from the final have trouble finding 5 players then it sort of shows that perhaps the game isn't ready for a full 5v5 tournament. The 5 tiers will stay as they are for this tournament but they are in no way set in stone for the future. If there is a resounding dislike for Little Cup then of course we will look to remove it, we want to give it a chance and see how people adapt. I remember similar arguments being made when NU was first introduced to the Team Tournament but it eventually found it's own little place in the line up. 

Well the way I see it is: PokeMMO enforces variety and diversity in terms of official formats we play in this game, varying from lv 50 singles tiers (OU, UU and NU) to Doubles to Little Cup. Therefor I see no reason why this diversity shouldn't be enforced in Team Tournament as well, if we're to go with the 5v5 format. Therefor LC makes much more sense to me than... let's say adding a OU2 match. If OU was the pinnacle of "competitive Pokemon" in this game, then all the official matches should be OU. However, we prefer diversity and that's really good.

On 8/13/2017 at 9:44 AM, OrangeManiac said:

Well the way I see it is: PokeMMO enforces variety and diversity in terms of official formats we play in this game, varying from lv 50 singles tiers (OU, UU and NU) to Doubles to Little Cup. Therefor I see no reason why this diversity shouldn't be enforced in Team Tournament as well, if we're to go with the 5v5 format. Therefor LC makes much more sense to me than... let's say adding a OU2 match. If OU was the pinnacle of "competitive Pokemon" in this game, then all the official matches should be OU. However, we prefer diversity and that's really good.

Totally agree, I just don't like the final suddenly being different than the rest of the tournament thereby favoring larger teams like AW, LYLE, NORE, and Aura. We already have the theoretical advantage which has been proven by bigger teams winning more tt's. Why exacerbate that with this bizarre finale?

I would much rather see the whole thing this way in order to 'force' small teams to find players to fill these roles from the get go.

On 8/21/2017 at 10:38 PM, DoubleJ said:

Totally agree, I just don't like the final suddenly being different than the rest of the tournament thereby favoring larger teams like AW, LYLE, NORE, and Aura. We already have the theoretical advantage which has been proven by bigger teams winning more tt's. Why exacerbate that with this bizarre finale?

I would much rather see the whole thing this way in order to 'force' small teams to find players to fill these roles from the get go.

We did discuss having the entire tournament using the new format but we ultimately decided that it would be better to phase it in for the sake of measuring the impact it has on the event itself rather than thrust it out  everyone. Smaller teams will still want to have enough people to play the finals just in case they make it that far but I do see your point on larger teams having an advantage.

2 hours ago, XelaKebert said:

We did discuss having the entire tournament using the new format but we ultimately decided that it would be better to phase it in for the sake of measuring the impact it has on the event itself rather than thrust it out  everyone. Smaller teams will still want to have enough people to play the finals just in case they make it that far but I do see your point on larger teams having an advantage.

The only reason I'm so vocal about this is that I want it to be a success and the tt to become a recurrent 5v5. If the final is a joke because say teeny tiny RNG makes it and they say "screw it" and only play 3 in the final, the assessment becomes skewed. 

It'd be cool to have milestone CC tournaments with improved prizes every 25th or 50th week or so. Not necessarily shiny prizes, but something like the cash prizes being 1.5-2x, or the addition of the option to choose RP instead of cash like any other tournament to mark the "anniversaries" of CCs being a thing.

I say this as I realise that improved prizes for CCs in general are less than likely. I just feel something like this would add a touch more attraction and character to these relatively bland tournaments.  

Edited by Zymogen