Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

6 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

I'd have to agree. I have absolutely no incentive to play the ranked UU or NU sessions simply because I've solidified my position in the Top 16 and it doesn't appear to change any time soon. There needs to be a rework to how this system awards prizes. 

Same. No reason to drop #1 spot by myself if nobody is going to pass me anyways (cuz no1 plays) 

5 hours ago, Darkshade said:

With a Gen V release teased, I think that's a fairly valid point.

And whilst moderately common - it's also a Safari mon; that's a pretty decent prize - not really sure what all the complaining is about.

Being cool/rare =/= Being viable comp

Players grind for months and play tourneys that take 3-4 hours, they would expect to receive a shiny that can be used in future tourneys. Unless this update drops tomorrow or something, I don't see the point of pretending it's already here.

1 minute ago, Lazaro23 said:

Please, let us have UU and NU tournaments on weekends, my time zone is CDT and I can't play anything during the weekdays.

All i see during weekend is catch events, not fair ffs.

There is a NU tourney this Sunday...

Just had a great idea. Why not host some officials?

Last "official" was on the 11/06 and it was LC (not a real tier etc etc xdddd) but like, next is on the 16/06. Where I get there was Community Combats, lets face it. Noone plays those really, and although I get there has to be a balance between PvE events and Officials. Not exactly balanced where there's like 5 events for every official is it?

1 minute ago, Parke said:

Just had a great idea. Why not host some officials?

Last "official" was on the 11/06 and it was LC (not a real tier etc etc xdddd) but like, next is on the 16/06. Where I get there was Community Combats, lets face it. Noone plays those really, and although I get there has to be a balance between PvE events and Officials. Not exactly balanced where there's like 5 events for every official is it?

Please. Coolio joins every one of them.