Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

1 hour ago, LifeStyle said:

Noticed this in Hall of Fame Thread, May 2017 @TheChampionMike

Cubone's Revenge [OU] ~ Bracket ~ 1st Place LifeStyle - 2nd Place enchanteur [PVP]

I beat belieberboy, not enchanteur. Believe it or not, they are different people. Throw the bieber boy some #respeckk

This isnt even one of Mikey's event lol.

This was most likely a result of me updating the HoF after a long day at work. Apologies @belieberboy, I will amend it immediately. 

I can't believe that after a Ninjask, now we get Aipom for NU prize. Do people in staff hosting these tourneys just not bother checking matches / usage statistics? Or are we treating this tier as a joke now?

I remember sending @Pereiraa a list with like 50 NU prizes that are both viable and not "exclusive", lemme know if y'all need it for guidance. Reserve the shit non-viable shiny prizes for catching events pls tyvm.

Inb4 " B-but future Ambipom! " , well last time I checked this isn't the future nor do I own a time machine.

5 minutes ago, LifeStyle said:

I can't believe that after a Ninjask, now we get Aipom for NU prize. Do people in staff hosting these tourneys just not bother checking matches / usage statistics? Or are we treating this tier as a joke now?

I remember sending @Pereiraa a list with like 50 NU prizes that are both viable and not "exclusive", lemme know if y'all need it for guidance. Reserve the shit non-viable shiny prizes for catching events pls tyvm.

Inb4 " B-but future Ambipom! " , well last time I checked this isn't the future nor do I own a time machine.

both aipom and ninjask are lit prizes 

On 27/05/2017 at 6:36 PM, LifeStyle said:

With a Gen V release teased, I think that's a fairly valid point.

And whilst moderately common - it's also a Safari mon; that's a pretty decent prize - not really sure what all the complaining is about.

1 hour ago, Evlgoon said:

how many failed leader board tournaments is it going to take before you realize no one wants to play for these trash prizes?

I mean, it was the first one to not start, and i had already decided before it was even close to entering signup phase that there would be no more leaderboard tournaments after the NU one(check its thread it says at the top), so, that number is 0, it took exactly 0 leaderboard tournaments before I realized they were not worth the effort to have.

3 minutes ago, Munya said:

I mean, it was the first one to not start, and i had already decided before it started that there would be no more leaderboard tournaments after the NU one, so, that number is 0, it took exactly 0 leaderboard tournaments before I realized they were not worth the effort to have.

this wasn't mean to be a slight at you because i actually think you did a really good job at trying to make these work, and it can still work all that would need to be implemented is a better prize system. Players cant even climb to attend the nu and uu ones because so few people play the uu and nu ranked. For the past month i have tried several times to play the late uu session and i will sit for an hour and not get a single match. 

3 hours ago, Evlgoon said:

this wasn't mean to be a slight at you because i actually think you did a really good job at trying to make these work, and it can still work all that would need to be implemented is a better prize system. Players cant even climb to attend the nu and uu ones because so few people play the uu and nu ranked. For the past month i have tried several times to play the late uu session and i will sit for an hour and not get a single match. 

I'd have to agree. I have absolutely no incentive to play the ranked UU or NU sessions simply because I've solidified my position in the Top 16 and it doesn't appear to change any time soon. There needs to be a rework to how this system awards prizes.