Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

You guys already basically know this anyway but staff are required to uphold a ratio of sorts to PvE:PvP events.

This means that PvP events will not get approved if there are not enough PvE (catching events ect).

PvE events are not the most enthralling things to host and I can understand why a lot of staff may not like hosting them. Many current and ex staff know the struggle it is to get volunteers to help run these events. 

Just a thought to consider when you post how amazing one staff member is for hosting this huge tournament and then go shitpost in the catching event because "ugh not a tournament?!?!" Because that staff member is literally enabling the tournament to be hosted. 

Not gonna lie that when you are the staff member that hosts these PvE and you see others just purely hosting tournaments, it can be pretty bad for moral. Especially when you see that tournaments aren't being hosted because no one wants to host PvE. 

Also for those giving jip about community combat, this was approved on the basis that it wasn't included in the ratio. So you will always consistently see them hosted due to them being a separate entity to officials.

19 minutes ago, Noad said:

PvE events are not the most enthralling things to host and I can understand why a lot of staff may not like hosting them. Many current and ex staff know the struggle it is to get volunteers to help run these events. 

Can confirm. Especially those catching events. Having to manually fill in around 30 pokemons IVs/Nature/OT by hand is quite annoying to say so myself.

However if that puts people off from doing PvE events it doesn't really feel like they would go the extra mile for the community. Yes it's annoying to do but for god's sake its maybe 30 minutes of your time you need to do something. And even then if you host 1 PvE event you can also make a PvP event with it and leave 1 leftover for another staff member. That's how I usually used to do it. I am not talking about you Noad, you best staff :)

It's not really the right time to complain about this seeing as it is thanksgiving and all and some people have lives unlike many of us but yeah.

Edited by TheChampionMike
5 hours ago, Noad said:

@Kizhaz said he loves to host PvE events in team chat, just give them all to him.

If catching events are a problem because you have to manually fill some stats in a spreadsheet, why don't you make it automatized? 

at the end of the event,the player drags his pokemon to a box  like when you chose your torunament team. system will do the rest to pick a winner

can't be so hard to code...

1 hour ago, peep said:

If catching events are a problem because you have to manually fill some stats in a spreadsheet, why don't you make it automatized? 

at the end of the event,the player drags his pokemon to a box  like when you chose your torunament team. system will do the rest to pick a winner

can't be so hard to code...

That's a great suggestion, but for now we have to make do with the resources we have available. If that means that we have to dedicate 30-45+ minutes filling in a spreadsheet manually, then that's the nature of the beast.

19 hours ago, XelaKebert said:

That's a great suggestion, but for now we have to make do with the resources we have available. If that means that we have to dedicate 30-45+ minutes filling in a spreadsheet manually, then that's the nature of the beast.

Remember the times there weren't even exact IV's and we had to average every IV range first.....

*shivers*

XD