Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

The next seasonal series is almost upon us (I hope) and with that we need to figure out what kind of format we're going to be using. Now while the NU Autumn League was fun, it was also extremely exclusive and I didn't feel like I was competing against the best of the best when there were countless players that inevitably dropped out and there were free wins given out each week. 

So please, do not recreate the NU Autumn League and instead just use the standard invitational format. NU HYPE. 

7 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

The next seasonal series is almost upon us (I hope) and with that we need to figure out what kind of format we're going to be using. Now while the NU Autumn League was fun, it was also extremely exclusive and I didn't feel like I was competing against the best of the best when there were countless players that inevitably dropped out and there were free wins given out each week. 

So please, do not recreate the NU Autumn League and instead just use the standard invitational format. NU HYPE. 

It will follow the standard invitational format.

So basically do this event, which is a code word treasure hunt, and to make it better do it via teams of four, and instead of just decyphering the code word, they need to find the specific pokemon associated to the code word and link it to a staff member

ex) Code :   Its shell protects it from bird Pokémon that peck it by mistake.

So the first team to find a pineco and link it to the staff member (all pokemon have to be caught during the event) gets to go to the next location and get the next clue

For seasonal championship, I think it would be interesting to have a loser bracket invite for the runner-up of a qualifier and a winner bracket invite for the winner of a qualifier.

If the winner of the qualifier 6 is mia for the finale, its winner bracket invite would go directly to the runner-up of the qualifier 6. If both winner and the runner-up of qualifier 6 aren't there, the winner bracket invite would go to the runner-up of the qualifier 1. A runner-up can still participate in other qualifiers in hopes of getting a winner bracket invite. Reserves would fight for a loser bracket invite.

This might seem somewhat complicated, but I think it would spice things up. Each qualifier finale would be more interresting and players would fight for more than just 500k. The finale of the seasonal championship would also last one less round which is a good thing considering how long and exhausting the season championship can get for the players, the spectators and the staff members organising the event.

So uhm just a small suggestion, I have seen it many times being asked in the thread. Could you guys add a link to the bracket in your thread? Like it would be much appreciated so people who can't log on due to work or whatever reason, can still view how their friends/team mates are doing. And it takes such small effort.

Hey, I have an idea for a tournament. The tournament would be called "The Competitive Tournament". Basically the rules are following.

A move is not allowed, if:

- The move has accuracy lower than 100%

- The move has a possible secondary effect (status, flinch, status drop/raise, etc.)

- The move causes status to opponent

- The move is a multi-hit move that can vary in the number of hits

- Has any kind of RNG factor attached to it (such as using Endure, Protect multiple times etc. or anything that has a RNG aspect to it)

And in addition, if you crit your opponent you're automatically disqualified.

5 hours ago, OrangeManiac said:

- The move causes status to opponent

Considering there is no rng aspect to the move toxic besides its accuracy and considering Toxic has 100% accuracy for Poison types, I think a complex ban would be more appropriate than a flat ban.

5 hours ago, OrangeManiac said:

- The move has a possible secondary effect (status, flinch, status drop/raise, etc.)

Fake Out should also be allowed because its secondary effect is non rng reliant.

Just now, gbwead said:

Considering there is no rng aspect to the move toxic besides its accuracy and considering Toxic has 100% accuracy for Poison types, I think a complex ban would be more appropriate than a flat ban.

Fake Out should also be allowed because its secondary effect is non rng reliant.

Both of those notes are really top notch gb, well done.