Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

8 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

So they implemented Little Cup compatibility and yet... no tournaments for Little Cup? Ch'mon Lee!

Going to be sad when you see like 10 people joining (Unless ofc randoms pulling out their shit wild catches from PC to play and get smashed)

Edit: Oh shit, my 1000th post

Spoiler

And only 2 wps, ez

Edited by LifeStyle
5 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

@Noad

@Darkshade

@RacheLucario

The start time for the tournament today appears to be off in the queue. Currently listed as starting at 2:22pm PDT for me, I don't wanna miss sign ups because that was wrong =(

Was not around to see this sorry.

The timer now displays time until signup before it shows time until tournament begins.  

Before it only displayed the time until tournament began though the text said it was time until signup starts.

Nice event, Noad. I think all of the questions were well thought out and interesting. The only question that comes to mind that sticks out like a sore thumb to me, was the question regarding the tanoby chamber names... That was the only one that I felt like people had to google search for (but maybe I'm just stupid and am the only one who doesn't know them).

I thought doing it in channel chat was a good idea as it really cut down on the spam.

My only other criticism was that you didn't send me the questions before hand >=(

On another note, Hide n' Seek when?

and:

16 hours ago, XPLOZ said:

Video contest when ? Was soon in February lol

I must redeem myself.

11 minutes ago, Kurodashi said:

Like the current event diversity but can we get some kind of gimmicky tournament? I enjoyed those most as they appear to be less 'serious'. :)

and even bad people like Kurodashi can win those.

jk

Spoiler

sorry

Spoiler

no sorry

Spoiler

hehe

1 minute ago, KaynineXL said:

and even bad people like Kurodashi can win those.

:                                                                                                 ^)

96b5100d4250c249f62e65dfe4407a19.png

Looking for more than 2 tournaments and especially since one of them is being hosted by someone who isn't even staff any more it looks very bleak and I think most people would appreciate more tournaments in general. I know the seasonal exists but that shouldn't be taking the place of standard tournaments and should merely be an addition.

I also understand that a lot of the time you release tournaments in bulk and there will likely be a few more posted soon but I feel like there is a general lack of tournaments. It just seems very odd how we would change from Silph Tournaments to Automated if we aren't going to have extra tournaments. It seems like the main advantage that the automated tournaments have over the old Silph co tournaments is the accessibility for players as well as reducing the work load for staff. Both of these point to the fact that tournaments should be able to be pumped out for every tier in bulk like Mike did and it's sad to see more staff members aren't doing the same with the tournaments being easier than ever for staff to be able to host with them not even needing to look at their screen for the majority of the duration.

The main 'problem' about the lack of tournaments is the inherent nature of the game. Pokemon is inherently a game decided by RNG and high variance. But at the same time part of the beauty of the game is knowing that anything can happen. And when you are on the receiving end of that needless to say its frustrating. For me when that happens what I would like to do is move on and to commit myself to the next upcoming tournament as salvation regardless of prize, When you have to wait sometimes over a month to do so can be really frustrating and makes you quickly end up losing faith with this game.

I feel like a good solution to this would be to have weekly automated tournaments for each tier at alternating times for people from different time zones with small prizes (example 500k 1st, 250k 2nd) with no shinys just to help blow off steam when coming off a hard loss and also since the times are alternating it will be a really nice addition for people in different time zones who can rarely attend officials. Regardless of if something along these lines gets implemented I still feel like we need more standard officials. I think 2 standard tournaments with fairly common shinys + 1 large tournament with a nice rarer prize every month should be the bare minimum for every tier and don't think its unreasonable to ask.

TLDR: More tournaments and more consistent tournament scheduling would stop me wanting to kill myself after I lose to RNG.

5 minutes ago, Rendiz said:

96b5100d4250c249f62e65dfe4407a19.png

I feel like a good solution to this would be to have weekly automated tournaments for each tier at alternating times for people from different time zones with small prizes (example 500k 1st, 250k 2nd) with no shinys just to help blow off steam when coming off a hard loss and also since the times are alternating it will be a really nice addition for people in different time zones who can rarely attend officials. Regardless of if something along these lines gets implemented I still feel like we need more standard officials. I think 2 standard tournaments with fairly common shinys + 1 large tournament with a nice rarer prize every month should be the bare minimum for every tier and don't think its unreasonable to ask.

New items coming, they probably wanna give a rest to officials while people learning them. Im not sure tho. 

And "alternating times for people from different time zones" yeah this topic need to discuss imo.