Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

Being able to choose hidden power on comps like the shiny magnemite or manectric would be nice. Some pokemon can have varying hidden powers, but you basically limit them to one hidden power which is already scouted by everyone and its barely even worth using. Hp fire on magneton used to be standard, but now with forretress being less prevalent and swampert/flygon being more common, the winner should have a choice between grass/ice/fire. Similar situation with manectric. Some may prefer ice for altaria/gligar, while others prefer grass for lanturn/quagsire, and prevents scouting for at least one match

I am not pointing any fingers, especially not at Caracal, but please do include a bracket in your events, for all the obvious reasons. At least in the final post, if not in the first one.

happened again with the NU tourney today, couldnt find the link any where in the thread

Wanna mingle?

I present the concept of Mashup Tag Team. 32 participants are paired randomly each round. When 16 remain, they are also paired randomly, which means that the person who you were paired with the previous round might come back as your opponent. 2 prizes for the winning team, decided through a final battle.

Wanna mingle?

I present the concept of Mashup Tag Team. 32 participants are paired randomly each round. When 16 remain, they are also paired randomly, which means that the person who you were paired with the previous round might come back as your opponent. 2 prizes for the winning team, decided through a final battle.

So team rocket recruitment tourney with teams changing each round?

Wanna mingle?

I present the concept of Mashup Tag Team. 32 participants are paired randomly each round. When 16 remain, they are also paired randomly, which means that the person who you were paired with the previous round might come back as your opponent. 2 prizes for the winning team, decided through a final battle.

damn this sounds very good, just one thing... when you end up playing together in the final with someone you dont like and you win anyway, how do you decide who is going to pick which prize if both want to pick the same prize?

damn this sounds very good, just one thing... when you end up playing together in the final with someone you dont like and you win anyway, how do you decide who is going to pick which prize if both want to pick the same prize?

as I said, 2 prizes. and they can be decided through a match (winner chooses the one he prefers)

Wanna mingle?

Love it

As teams in general are constantly getting bigger and bigger in this game compared to something like 2013 or something I'm suggesting Team Tournaments would shift towards 5v5. There's just too much sitting atm and I don't think there are many teams participating in TT with less than 5 competitive players. The format should be either OU x 2, UU, NU, Doubles or Ubers, OU, UU, NU, Doubles.

Thoughts?

As teams in general are constantly getting bigger and bigger in this game compared to something like 2013 or something I'm suggesting Team Tournaments would shift towards 5v5. There's just too much sitting atm and I don't think there are many teams participating in TT with less than 5 competitive players. The format should be either OU x 2, UU, NU, Doubles or Ubers, OU, UU, NU, Doubles.

Thoughts?

I wish I could like this post 5 times. This, or at least 4V4 to have Doubles & NU every month - 5V5 sounds perfect though tbh

Had this idea randomly come to my head last night, so thought why not post it and see what people think :)

Basically, I had an idea for an event in which it could be called "Here Comes The Sun" or something similar I guess.

But basically, the idea is for a CatchMMO similar event, in which each team would need to contain a Sunflora - so with that rule in place. I figured why not have it that each team must be caught in Hoenn Safari over a period of time (say 1 week, or 2) to give enough time to EV pokemon fully etc and make them level 50 ofc.

At the end of that there would be a tournament in place with said caught pokemon and they would decide an overall winner for the tournament. 

[spoiler]sticking to the theme of the tournament, shiny sunflora would only be fitting for the prize![/spoiler]

I had a suggestion for an event (for anyone who can access Hoenn), make the tournament a weather tournament and host it in the Weather Institute south-west of Foretree. Make it either a 32 or 64 man tournament and reward the winner with a pokemon that has a weather move set (other than Castform), like a prize that manipulate weather like weather ball Victreebel (if people even run that). There are plenty of seats and tables and there is even a second floor if the first is too crowded.

589c1b1d84f100475c5b18f8fb9f30b3.png

Had this idea randomly come to my head last night, so thought why not post it and see what people think :)

Basically, I had an idea for an event in which it could be called "Here Comes The Sun" or something similar I guess.

But basically, the idea is for a CatchMMO similar event, in which each team would need to contain a Sunflora - so with that rule in place. I figured why not have it that each team must be caught in Hoenn Safari over a period of time (say 1 week, or 2) to give enough time to EV pokemon fully etc and make them level 50 ofc.

At the end of that there would be a tournament in place with said caught pokemon and they would decide an overall winner for the tournament. 

[spoiler]sticking to the theme of the tournament, shiny sunflora would only be fitting for the prize![/spoiler]

If you didn't see the last catchmmo tournament, it was kind of a total failure. Only 8 people actually bothered to make comps for the shiny gift pikachu prize. With the current tournament prize system, I doubt there's any way to have a successful catchmmo tournament unless they have a high desired shiny like bagon/growlithe/zangoose/some other desired shiny, or a decent valued non gift shiny which I doubt staff will do.