Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

I could actually see an extreme way of abusing a system that allows rematches even if no moves were made. Its very situational tho. Lets say we throw out our leads and my opponent has a lead that i am not at all prepared for. I can then disconnect, have a friend get a pokemon for his lead, trade my friend on another channel, come back, throw out the same leads and switch to my new counter. Like i said its situational, dont know if it would ever happen, but it is possible.

I could actually see an extreme way of abusing a system that allows rematches even if no moves were made. Its very situational tho. Lets say we throw out our leads and my opponent has a lead that i am not at all prepared for. I can then disconnect, have a friend get a pokemon for his lead, trade my friend on another channel, come back, throw out the same leads and switch to my new counter. Like i said its situational, dont know if it would ever happen, but it is possible.

Yeah, im sure the staff have no way of moniter this

Personally i think if no moves is made there should be a rematch, but if just one move have been made then I agree with staff about everything is overuled and the not dcing player wins, because of i hate to be set into the situation as player where my oppoenent dc and i have to choose between being a jerk who not gives a rematch or give a rematch and possible being abused because of my oppoenet could have dc'ed intentionally.... and then staff ofc has to be consistent and do the same EVERY time!!! we could say if the not dcing player knows he would have lost anyway and wont to give the dcing player the win it is also a opportunity

Yeah, im sure the staff have no way of moniter this

They prolly dont, and if they do its prolly not worth going through the trouble of trying to prove something like this doesnt happen. Hell if staff can monitor trades going to your own pc and grabbing a counter only takes about 30 sec more and im sure staff has no power to see which pokes you grab out of ur box.

They prolly dont, and if they do its prolly not worth going through the trouble of trying to prove something like this doesnt happen. Hell if staff can monitor trades going to your own pc and grabbing a counter only takes about 30 sec more and im sure staff has no power to see which pokes you grab out of ur box.

They take usage

Do they have a automated system that allows them to know exactly what each person is going into battle with for a tourny?

With different builds for each Pokemon there is no way to monitor this. Maybe someone brought the wrong build and noticed after the first move or when the leads are brought out. All it takes is them disconnecting and running to a PC on another channel to switch to a different build. They have the same team and leads but different builds. When we take usage we only log what is used and not the build. Requiring team registration would be a way to mitigate this but then we get into more to account for than just whether or not a server issue caused connection issues. A flat rule stating that the player who loses connection is disqualified is objectively better than trying to account for every single variable with a new system.

What actually happened to this?

I think it's about time to address the prizes of the Team Tournament we have right now. The 10k BP are like nothing now with the Battle Frontier implemented, and a prestigious tournament like the TT should have a better prize than them anyway, so my question is how do other events like even gimmicks warrant better prizes than the TT? I never understood that. To address the points LeTyrone made in the thread I linked above:

1) Reward Points:  Currently 250 RP for 3 winning players (Or the team captain decides which 3 players get the reward).

An increase in Reward Point prize 'could' happen, but I don't see the necessity of it. Raising it to 500 RP per player would be an option.

Another option could be: The team captain decides on a 500 RP hat (type, colour, etc) for each winning player.

they're gone now, why don't we even have the option to decide whether we want BP or RP now?

2) Shiny: 1 shiny per winner, that means 3 shinies in total. No, we are not going to inflate the economy with shinies. There are plenty of events that have shiny prizes as a reward already.

Sure, those 3 winners now have matching shinies that show off their feats, but they could just as easily sell them.

What were competitive gift Shinies implemented for?

3) Money:  Technically we could hand out monetary prizes, but it's not going to happen because that has negative effects on the game's economy. (It's like a bank printing money and handing it out, it decreases the value of money if this was done too often)

Again: Why can't we choose from BP, RP and Poke yen?

4) Battle Points:  Not a bad idea per se, but at the moment it is not possible to give a player's account extra BP. In the future this could be an option for sure.

implemented now, but as I already stated above the 10k BP are nothing with BF implemented

5) Vanity items:  My personal favourite. At the moment the RP prize kinda could do the same because you can buy matching hats. But what I'd like to see as Twofist sugested, a special untradable hat that only is handed out by Team Tournament wins to the 3 winners. (Monthly decaying would be prefered, but I don't know if that is possible).

Would be a fine option to adjust the TT prize

The prize for the Team Tournament should not be about wealth, it should be about status. Which team is the best? Easy to spot if they have distuinguished hats, not so easy to spot if they are sitting on a large pile of cash after selling their shiny prize.

Note:

This post is not an official post, it's just my thoughts as Team Tournament's host. So anything written above may not be aligned with the ideas of other staff members.

What about Pokeyen prizes for TT winners? Makes sense the most sense to me to be honest. 

Generally a good idea imo, but my main concern about the prizes is the value of the prize as I said. In the TT the winner gets the same prize as the runner up in most other officials.

I would like to see a prize the whole team could enjoy. I don't know how other teams work, but everyone in the team I am in do what they can to help out. On TT day, my TMs are everyones, my Pokemon are everyones, and I'm sure this is the same for everyone else in the team.

I personally would like to see unique furniture for the people who participate in the tourney, this way the whole team can share it(as we did with Bowsers&JJs slide).

Also unique clothing/hats(such as that nest hat or w/e from the writing competition?) would be a great reward if the team members got one each?

Edited by KaynineXL

Doubles are bugged more than ever. Please stop hosting doubles events or fix them.

I would like to apologise again to all the players in last night's tournament - we were not aware of the issues until the tournament started. Double apologies to Eloyriptor and Fujimura for the inconvenience in the finals and thanks for being understanding of the matter. :)