Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

How many people signed up for the safari event, for example? 

90 people

edit:

I agree with munya. PvE could use some better prizes...

[spoiler]

don't hurt me oh Holy Senile, writer of the glorious gospel!  ;-;

[/spoiler]

Edited by Gilan

The sparsity of pve events vs pvp events should also be considered, using May as an example again, 16 tournaments, one "PvE" event if you want to call the writing contest that, which its not.

was just about to comment on that point.

Make me an event mod ;-; I'll run weekly events ;-;

The sparsity of pve events vs pvp events should also be considered, using May as an example again, 16 tournaments, one "PvE" event if you want to call the writing contest that, which its not.

Why do you, personally, think there are less PVE events than PVP events? The obvious answer, to me, is that the demand for them just isn't there. I just don't see why these low-demand, low difficulty events warrant the same prize that a high demand, high difficulty event receives.

edit: and Gilan, while 90 people might have signed up I'd be shocked if more than 50-60 people were actually there doing the event.

Edited by Gunthug

Why do you, personally, think there are less PVE events than PVP events? The obvious answer, to me, is that the demand for them just isn't there. I just don't see why these low-demand, low difficulty events warrant the same prize that a high demand, high difficulty event receives.

edit: and Gilan, while 90 people might have signed up I'd be shocked if more than 50-60 people were actually there doing the event.

Provided 90 people signed up, shown up or not it shows that the interest is there.

Provided 90 people signed up, shown up or not it shows that the interest is there.

I think the interest was there because it was an incredibly easy event to compete in. All it took was an hour of your time hunting in safari. I don't see how the convenience and low barrier to competing in PVE events in any way warrants a prize bump

I think the interest was there because it was an incredibly easy event to compete in. All it took was an hour of your time hunting in safari. I don't see how the convenience and low barrier to competing in PVE events in any way warrants a prize bump

Not about skill, its about making things fair for all parties. 1 in 90+ chance once in a blue moon vs 1 in 32? sometimes 64(is this ever a thing?) 16 times a month.

The PvE prizes aren't really the problem moreso than the low number of events.
I'd probably get to it if I had a stable work schedule with predictable free time that isn't 5am EST.
Though yeah, I think we just need more of them. They'd be popular if advertised on channel chat. Most forum users clamor for pvp events, and the in-gane chat is hardly aware that events even exist. I'm sure everyone appreciates the low-barrier entrance endgame content here and there.

Not about skill, its about making things fair for all parties. 1 in 90+ chance once in a blue moon vs 1 in 32? sometimes 64(is this ever a thing?) 16 times a month.

Why is it not about skill? Because you don't want it to be? It's not fair for someone to breeze into a safari contest and win the same prize as someone who has spent months training comps and learning how to play competitively to get through a tournament on top. When PVE events around here become more difficult, on par with PVP tournaments, then you can talk about "equality in prizes."

Also, the hyperbole in your "odds" is ridiculous and it's hard to take you seriously if you're going to continue blowing that shit out of proportion.

edit: from a buddy of mine

'Hi I'm a heart surgeon that studied years for my job. But it's okay that I get the same salary as the uneducated mailman that delivers my mail. It's not like I put ten times more effort into getting where I am. It's not like my job has the consequences of one's life and death. You know that's why it makes sense that we get the same reward. A job is a job, am I right?'

Edited by Gunthug

to build on gunthugs point,

a safari or other pve type contest can be won by someone who literally started the game yesterday and could quit tomorrow.

the same can be said for art contest and many other types.

pvp requires a lot of time invested into the game to even start and much more to get good at. added on top of this the luck factor involved called rng and the single elim style tournaments, and then winning without luck AND skill is near impossible. 

is it not right to reward players for investing more time into more difficult tournaments more so then the new people with 20 hours in game?

#fanaticism is bad

to build on gunthugs point,

a safari or other pve type contest can be won by someone who literally started the game yesterday and could quit tomorrow.

the same can be said for art contest and many other types.

pvp requires a lot of time invested into the game to even start and much more to get good at. added on top of this the luck factor involved called rng and the single elim style tournaments, and then winning without luck AND skill is near impossible. 

is it not right to reward players for investing more time into more difficult tournaments more so then the new people with 20 hours in game?

#fanaticism is bad

PvP players should not be rewarded with prizes unobtainable by pve players who put as much time into the game as they have, give them an option or remove that option from the tournaments, don't care if the cash prize is bumped to two mil.

PvP players should not be rewarded with prizes unobtainable by pve players who put as much time into the game as they have, give them an option or remove that option from the tournaments, don't care if the cash prize is bumped to two mil.

If PVE players felt like they were actually getting shafted, and prizes werent not fair, they would be here making arguments for it. But here you are in a room all alone, being a fool towards players who actually feel they are being shafted by prizes.

If PVE players felt like they were actually getting shafted, and prizes werent not fair, they would be here making arguments for it. But here you are in a room all alone, being a fool towards players who actually feel they are being shafted by prizes.

why would anybody when they get attacked anytime somebody says anything.  The competitive community is quite a bit more confrontational than a lot of players care to deal with.

PvP players should not be rewarded with prizes unobtainable by pve players 

no one has said this, no one is saying this, no one has even implied this.

also lest we forget that shinys can be encountered in the wild, and if the chance of finding them is so low that a non pvp player has no chance or no reasonable chance of getting one, then the fault is in the shiny rate NOT the prize system.

why would anybody when they get attacked anytime somebody says anything.  The competitive community is quite a bit more confrontational than a lot of players care to deal with.

i regularly have much more confrontational things happen in the real world then here.

and perhaps your experience is not the same as everyone else's? perhaps something you say or do brings out these confrontational people and responses and they are not the normal average response?

Who are these people you are speaking for, please enlighten me so I know you arent talking out of your ass.

Saying names would put them in the line of fire which they likely wouldn't enjoy, if anybody wishes to reply they can if not, well, you'd just have to take me for my word which you won't do and I could really care less.

I agree with munya. PvE could use some better prizes...

[spoiler]

don't hurt me oh Holy Senile, writer of the glorious gospel!  ;-;

[/spoiler]

Munya, before jumping the gun and asking for everything under the sun, how about you first ask for more PvE events. Then when you get your contingency you can start asking for better prizes. 

Demanding either better prizes for events that are near-nonexistent or trying to have PvP events made even worse than they are seems a bit outrageous. It's no wonder that you are being...

You just seem silly right now imo. 

I agree though, there should be more PvE events, but this puts a general strain on staff overall. Maybe hire more staff for PvE events in game. Remember the good old days of hide-and-seek just randomly being held. Shit remember the good old days of Staff being present in-game other than to hunt for bots?

Anyhoos, I feel like I have no clue what Munya does as staff anyway. Maybe he should be bumped into a position to provide in-game entertainment. 

also lest we forget that shinys can be encountered in the wild, and if the chance of finding them is so low that a non pvp player has no chance or no reasonable chance of getting one, then the fault is in the shiny rate NOT the prize system.

The issue is shinies with good stats not shinies in general

Considering my original suggestion didn't effect the PvP prize system and these confrontational people still came out and attacked my post for suggesting it, i honestly can't say its that.