Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

Anyway we could get some Standard officials for early USA time zones, like 10:00am ESt, believe this is a good time for euporeons as well.

I can probably pull this off if the idea is popular.

Been looking for a time that isn't 5 EST. Offline every day literally exactly then.

8am est, that way its not midnight for me :3

Will be 5am for me!

Anyways @Bowbow. Why 10am est? That's pretty random to me. It'll be 7am for west coast (everyone alseep), 10am for east coast (everyone at school/work), 3pm for europe (probably getting ready to get home from work).

I feel like this time is unfriendly for literally everyone. What's the reasoning behind 10am?

Or are there that many americans who have mornings off and responsibilities in the afternoon?

Like I can picture a tourney where it's 7pm for everyone in europe. How's 1PM EST sound?

Why 10?

The Water Master Official was overall a very pleasant experience. Looking to see more mono gimmicks, especially Bug, Psychic, Fighting, Flying, Normal. Good job anyway!

There was an "Airborne Tournament" once where only Flying type Pokemon or Pokemon with the Levitate ability were allowed. It was really fun to watch actually. 

more pve events with high iv shinies as a potential reward.

In an ideal system, the value of the prize would scale with the difficulty of the tournament. This is why people used to be kind of irked when gimmicks gave out 50+ egg shinies, whereas the standard officials (generally considered to be the msot competitive tournaments available) had less valuable shinies. So, no, I don't believe any of the extremely limited selection of PVE events that are even available to us now are worthy of a valuable high IV shiny, since winning one is flat out less difficult than winning a standard OU or UU tourney, which are the kind of tournies where high IV shinies are given.

Maybe, in the future when we have more PVE content, this might change. Inb4 you try to argue that the PVE events now like the safari hunt are as difficult as the standards kek

we have had this discussion else where but events are the only end game content we have atm and this is not going to change until dungeons are out. so until then could we get more pvp staff to run events? like triple the amount. it would make it much easier as a teir council member to get useage stats and actually get things tested also.

In an ideal system, the value of the prize would scale with the difficulty of the tournament. This is why people used to be kind of irked when gimmicks gave out 50+ egg shinies, whereas the standard officials (generally considered to be the msot competitive tournaments available) had less valuable shinies. So, no, I don't believe any of the extremely limited selection of PVE events that are even available to us now are worthy of a valuable high IV shiny, since winning one is flat out less difficult than winning a standard OU or UU tourney, which are the kind of tournies where high IV shinies are given.

Maybe, in the future when we have more PVE content, this might change. Inb4 you try to argue that the PVE events now like the safari hunt are as difficult as the standards kek

PvE events are typically not limited by a number of players that can enter like tournaments either, with many more people entering into it the odds and the high amoutn of rng the odds of winning are low, theres no reason to not give them the opportunity to get the same type of prize that the pvp counterpart can get.

PvE events are typically not limited by a number of players that can enter like tournaments either, with many more people entering into it the odds and the high amoutn of rng the odds of winning are low, theres no reason to not give them the opportunity to get the same type of prize that the pvp counterpart can get.

Unfortunately for that argument, our community isn't that large and it seems to grow smaller every day we go without an update. So the PVE events we're having around here aren't usually rocking that many more people than the PVP events, to the point where the odds of winning aren't significantly lower. How many people signed up for the safari event, for example? 

Perhaps that is a sign that the event isnt worth competing in with the prize available, as much as that was the topic of discussion for the PvP events, surely you can appreciate that.

I can't speak for everyone, but for me I don't really care about the prize when I enter a PVE event. They're usually pretty low effort and don't require a lot of prep, and I just enjoy competing.

Perhaps that is a sign that the event isnt worth competing in with the prize available, as much as that was the topic of discussion for the PvP events, surely you can appreciate that.

So your justification for giving PvE events better prizes is something that outright isn't true, and then when it gets pointed out that it isn't true you're like "w-w-well that's because we haven't put my suggestion in yet!"

lmao okay.