In-Game Private Diaries/Journals?

SamhainHalloween

Question

This probably sounds silly or kind of dumb... But I was wondering if we could have journals in-game that we could write in that are entirely private just for ourselves? Just something where we can put in a date and then write something about the day we just had either in game or in real life. A private way to vent. It could even be used to help us track not just a mental and physical health progression while playing but also to help us see how our experiences and views with the game change over time. I think it would be kind of cool!

It could be in the form of either some kind of Key Item or maybe be a PC function??? Alternatively, if this does not yet exist, it would make a cool object to add to our secret bases. Other users would not be able to access it and would just get a message like "Looks like this is someone's private journal. Better not open it!". The secret base version could come in a variety of colors for purchase and should someone attempt to sell their journal, the sale of the journal erases all of the original user's or previous user's entries so that not only is there a way to prevent anyone from reading the journal but also, room would be made for more new entries for the new owner. The same thing would happen if the item got traded in any way. I do not know if we can drop items in the overworld yet since I am very new to playing but in case of that, anyone who is not the owner of the journal, when picking it up, will receive a blank version, just like as if the item was traded or sold. However, if the item is picked up by its owner, this would not happen. They would get back the item with their entries intact.

I don't know how much of this is plausible, so please excuse me for any mistakes I have made here. I would very much like feedback to help improve this suggestion. Thank you!

2 answers to this question

I am all for an ingame journal to keep track of story progress but idk about a real journal ingame.

It would be nice if the journal was automated and kept track of stuff like the highlight of your day/ achievements ingame ofc with an option to add notes on there. 

If they decide to make these tradeable they should make an" achievements journal" with the name of the original trainer(which cant be renamed). This way it can be used to verify peoples achievements ingame and not depend on people 's word for them.

22 hours ago, BrokenJoker said:

I am all for an ingame journal to keep track of story progress but idk about a real journal ingame.

It would be nice if the journal was automated and kept track of stuff like the highlight of your day/ achievements ingame ofc with an option to add notes on there. 

If they decide to make these tradeable they should make an" achievements journal" with the name of the original trainer(which cant be renamed). This way it can be used to verify peoples achievements ingame and not depend on people 's word for them.

Being able to write what we want to as an added note honestly sounds like a major improvement. It would definitely keep the entries much more honest! ?