I have a terrible sus

Does the AI response to the move the player is chosing?

ex.

Was beating Morimoto: against Vaporeon (always poisoned) I used Crunch when V. was almost dead and mr.M. uses Full Restore.

Exactly same scenario, other match: I use Toxic (Vaporeon is already poisoned so it would have no effect) and mr.M. doesn't use Full Restore.

Done again and again.

Similar story with the E4.

My suspect is that the AI knows if you'll kill the mon/use a super effective move/use a failing move and cure him by response and in some cases it seems to know which move you're using.

If that's the case, it means that the AI is literally peeking my moves and knows which one I choose acting accordingly, and that's not fair at all.

What do you think? Is it possible or am I paranoic?

Thx everybody ?

As @Darkshadesaid in a post:

"The AI was designed to be more challenging than it's vanilla implementation, and take advantage of many things that players have access to that the AI previously did not.

Take switching mid-battle for instance; this was not something that vanilla AI was capable of, outside of a few select NPCs.

This gave players the advantage in almost every scenario, making an AI altogether mostly pointless.

This is something that we fixed in PokeMMO.

But alongside difficulty, the changes to the AI are also designed to teach players how to adapt to different situations, and play better as a whole.

The Vanilla AI doesn't teach you much outside of 'use a super effect move and win' - this is fairly poor design, as there are many more options and variables that are important to a battle, and the AI should be helping to point those out to you (largely by using them to beat you and teach you something in the process).

In your example, if you were not aware of it before - you had learnt that something with the ability 'Levitate' is immune to the move 'Earthquake'.

This shows in itself that the AI is doing what we designed it to.

There are some general limitations to AI design (that apply to any game, not just PokeMMO), and we've had to work within those, but ultimately it has turned out rather well so far.

We still have a long way to go, and hope to improve upon what we have already.

You'll just have to work a little harder to predict the AI predicting you if you want to always have the upper hand."

Edited by Kyukee

If you are fighting Elite Four against Pokemon Champion, I recommend you to go to a video website called Bilbil and find some videos of Chinese players fighting. They are very detailed and even explain every step. With these videos, You can complete the challenges of the Pokemon League in four regions within the one-hour time limit of Amulet Coin (different languages may cause obstacles in watching, but please feel free to ask me if you can't understand the part)

The AI in this game is actually very easy to crack, and can be completed quickly with features, skills and attributes

Of course, this must be done using a team of specific Pokemon

Use Gligar for Spikes and then switch to The Metagross with Choice Scarf to use Trick Room, so that the other party's elves can only use the same skill. If the skill is Water, we can use Poliwrath's Water Absorb for damage immunity. Belly Drum and X Speed are used for reinforcement(There are many ways to do this, and this is just one of them)

Edited by Prande
8 hours ago, druido890 said:

I think AI simply decides to use a healing item when it has a dying pokemon. We can say that this is the basis of an AI. even if sometimes he insists on using healing items even when the pokemon would be defeated in 2 moves, thus only wasting time.

Yup, but if I use an ineffective move or non damaging moves he doesn't heal.

That's my doubt.

If AI would heal every time the poke is low on health it's ok, but (at least as far as it seems to me) he does it only when I'm using a damaging move.

This is why I asked, because I wanna know if it's just an impression of mine. ?

1 minute ago, lallo17 said:

That's my doubt.

If AI would heal every time the poke is low on health it's ok, but (at least as far as it seems to me) he does it only when I'm using a damaging move.

This is why I asked, because I wanna know if it's just an impression of mine as it seems to be. ?

no, posso dirti con certezza che si rigenera la salute anche se non gli fai danno.

Magari ogni tanto ci mette 1 o 2 turni ma di sicuro se lo guarisce.

-ENG-

no, I can confirm that even if you don't harm him, he restores health.

Maybe when you don't hit it it might take 1 or 2 turns to regain health

9 hours ago, Prande said:

If you are fighting Elite Four against Pokemon Champion, I recommend you to go to a video website called Bilbil and find some videos of Chinese players fighting. They are very detailed and even explain every step. With these videos, You can complete the challenges of the Pokemon League in four regions within the one-hour time limit of Amulet Coin (different languages may cause obstacles in watching, but please feel free to ask me if you can't understand the part)

The AI in this game is actually very easy to crack, and can be completed quickly with features, skills and attributes

Use Gligar for Spikes and then switch to The Metagross with Choice Scarf to use Trick Room, so that the other party's elves can only use the same skill. If the skill is Water, we can use Poliwrath's Water Absorb for damage immunity. Belly Drum and X Speed are used for reinforcement(There are many ways to do this, and this is just one of them)

thx but I don't think that the AI is difficult to defeat; it was just a concern about the overall fairness of his tactics.

8 minutes ago, lallo17 said:

That's my doubt.

This is why I asked, because I wanna know if it's just an impression of mine. ?

From my observation trainers use healing items if a pokemon is around 30-40% health left. And around 50% if it also has a status condition.

1 minute ago, druido890 said:

no, posso dirti con certezza che si rigenera la salute anche se non gli fai danno.

Magari ogni tanto ci mette 1 o 2 turni ma di sicuro se lo guarisce.

-ENG-

no, I can confirm that even if you don't harm him, he restores health.

Maybe when you don't hit it it might take 1 or 2 turns to regain health

Perfetto, grazie mille. Più persone mi confermano il contrario più significa che, per fortuna, era solo un'impressione.

Eng.

thx, the more people tell me I'm wrong about my sus the better it is.

On 12/4/2021 at 9:42 AM, Prande said:

Yes,Some Chinese players will broadcast live on bilibili.If they just match,You can clearly know what skills their elves carry.