Possible in game improvement for beginners

MazKoshia

Question

To preface everything I wanted to say that I 100% prefer PokeMMO over THE SMOOTH AND INVIGORATING TASTE OF MONSTER ENERGY DRINK®... but... I wish that is was possible to have the Officer Jenny/whatever generic NPC in PokeCenters that could assign new players tasks. Like catch X pokemon on Y Route. Or battle X trainer. Rewards could be kept simple like money, pokeballs, or berries. I think it would be a benefit to newer players just starting out and it shouldn't be a system that has to be done to progress through the games in anyway. It could be implemented as just another option to add other things to do other than just the story and it can be something that is easily just left alone for the more hardcore players. 

So my question is could/should an NPC that can assign tasks be added to the game?

2 answers to this question

I dont realy see the need tbh. I get that new player are kinda lost in the first weeks but after all, there are 4 Storys to play through. Re-Battles. Gym Runs, Elite 4 Runs, Pokemon to catch, Items to collects,(shards or whatever) Berrys to farm and so on. Most of it can be done after a few hours of story progress.

The only thing i think could be useful to new players is a guide which shows what can be done. Maybe in form of a little overview ingame so people dont get lost.

Edited by Johnwaynee