Genuine question about Johto

BuurmanJuan

Question

I know Johto is the biggest meme in this game, but I have a serious question about it. 

Why not remove the firered rom from the game and implement Johto and Kanto from Heartgold? It would improve the graphics, add tons of new gameplay, and there wouldn't be the issue of having two kanto's which is an argument I've seen a lot in chats. 

I realise it would be a lot of work to do this, but I think it would make the game even better than it already is and many players would love to see this! ?

23 answers to this question

19 minutes ago, BuurmanJuan said:

I realise it would be a lot of work to do this, but I think it would make the game even better than it already is and many players would love to see this! ?

Deleting it might or might not be the case, I don't think we had solid answer from developers about what they want to do with Kanto from gen 2.

However, since Johto is not in works for now, I don't think the team has answers to this one yet, we will have to wait. 

15 hours ago, BuurmanJuan said:

there wouldn't be the issue of having two kanto's which is an argument I've seen a lot in chats. 

I don't think that's an issue as such.. since they could just add "Do you want to travel to Kanto-Past, Kanto-Future,Johto,Hoenn etc."

I think there are other reasons why they haven't added johto yet.. idk what those reasons are tho..

Edited by Plbbrt
12 hours ago, Plbbrt said:

I don't think that's an issue as such.. since they could just add "Do you want to travel to Kanto-Past, Kanto-Future,Johto,Hoenn etc."

I think there are other reasons why they haven't added johto yet.. idk what those reasons are tho..

That doesn't sound like a very good idea tbh. Would just make it confusing, and I don't think future and past kanto are that different. I think the best option is to get rid of fire red, it's outdated anyways. 

14 hours ago, BuurmanJuan said:

That doesn't sound like a very good idea tbh. Would just make it confusing, and I don't think future and past kanto are that different. I think the best option is to get rid of fire red, it's outdated anyways. 

Several locations don't exist or are greatly changed from gen 3's Kanto (Cinnabar Island and Lavender Tower come to mind) , and having to re-write every scenario to match what was in FireRed Kanto is a stupid amount of work for no reason whatsoever.

And time travelling between Past and Future Kanto isn't confusing. Nearly everyone has played these games before. We all know Gold and Silver take place two years after red and blue. And that's beside the fact that it's an MMO linking a bunch of games whose stories are loosely associated with each other in the first place. None of it really has to make sense. Or should we be complaining about how the player has 4 moms?

On 11/25/2021 at 12:57 PM, BuurmanJuan said:

I know Johto is the biggest meme in this game, but I have a serious question about it. 

Why not remove the firered rom from the game and implement Johto and Kanto from Heartgold? It would improve the graphics, add tons of new gameplay, and there wouldn't be the issue of having two kanto's which is an argument I've seen a lot in chats. 

deleting fire red is not a good idea in my opinion cuz we wont have the ilands then and as we know in HGSS some places are changed specifically Cinnabar.

there some other ways to solve this without deleting fire red, for now on lets just wait ?

8 hours ago, AnRae said:

Several locations don't exist or are greatly changed from gen 3's Kanto (Cinnabar Island and Lavender Tower come to mind) , and having to re-write every scenario to match what was in FireRed Kanto is a stupid amount of work for no reason whatsoever.

And time travelling between Past and Future Kanto isn't confusing. Nearly everyone has played these games before. We all know Gold and Silver take place two years after red and blue. And that's beside the fact that it's an MMO linking a bunch of games whose stories are loosely associated with each other in the first place. None of it really has to make sense. Or should we be complaining about how the player has 4 moms?

I haven't played Heartgold myself, but okay if it's that different than maybe two kanto's could work. 

I wasn't suggesting to rewrite every scenario to match FireRed btw, just implementing the HeartGold story and removing FireRed. I wouldn't really miss FireRed, but that's just my take. 

Edited by BuurmanJuan
2 hours ago, Branaso said:

deleting fire red is not a good idea in my opinion cuz we wont have the ilands then and as we know in HGSS some places are changed specifically Cinnabar.

there some other ways to solve this without deleting fire red, for now on lets just wait ?

So why not keep the FireRed rom but only for the islands then? 

Like I said in my reply to AnRae, I haven't played HeartGold myself but I'm sure its not that different from FireRed kanto. I wouldn't mind it if some things and places were changed personally. 

8 hours ago, AnRae said:

Few hundred thousands of champions? Ohhh and siblings or clone of ourselves

They could just cut johto kanto off with a roadblock, or make it so there's a loading screen teleporting to fire red kanto when you cross the threshold between them. I don't think they're going to get rid of fire red kanto as it was the original region and it's already working. It'll be a lot easier to build johto on top of what we've got than to redo kanto as well. I actually like that kanto feels old, updating to HGSS would put it at gen4 graphics which doesn't seem right to me. The chief reason given by the devs on why johto isn't added yet is because it adds no new pokemon that aren't already available, which tells me it's even less likely they would want to overhaul kanto in the process of adding johto.

The real reason johto should be added is like all the other regions, they're beloved and many players' first or favorite region/characters/story. In my opinion, one of the best parts of MMO is completing the different regions. The fact you can hold events, hangout, or just visit new places, seeing the sights and sounds, is enough reason to add johto in my book. However, there are several features we are missing without johto, like apricorns and some different types of balls. Why not change some of the encounters in fire red, removing johto mons so as to make them more exclusive to the new region? Make the encounters in kanto more like gen1 kanto and those in johto more like gen 2 johto.

Regardless, I think johto is a big content update that should make it into MMO eventually. It will always feel like something is missing without it.

On 12/2/2021 at 6:58 PM, concernedcitizen said:

They could just cut johto kanto off with a roadblock, or make it so there's a loading screen teleporting to fire red kanto when you cross the threshold between them. I don't think they're going to get rid of fire red kanto as it was the original region and it's already working. It'll be a lot easier to build johto on top of what we've got than to redo kanto as well. I actually like that kanto feels old, updating to HGSS would put it at gen4 graphics which doesn't seem right to me. The chief reason given by the devs on why johto isn't added yet is because it adds no new pokemon that aren't already available, which tells me it's even less likely they would want to overhaul kanto in the process of adding johto.

The real reason johto should be added is like all the other regions, they're beloved and many players' first or favorite region/characters/story. In my opinion, one of the best parts of MMO is completing the different regions. The fact you can hold events, hangout, or just visit new places, seeing the sights and sounds, is enough reason to add johto in my book. However, there are several features we are missing without johto, like apricorns and some different types of balls. Why not change some of the encounters in fire red, removing johto mons so as to make them more exclusive to the new region? Make the encounters in kanto more like gen1 kanto and those in johto more like gen 2 johto.

Regardless, I think johto is a big content update that should make it into MMO eventually. It will always feel like something is missing without it.

I couldn't agree more, but I'd prefer kanto from HGSS over the old one. Updating to gen4 graphics would be really cool actually imo, and while they're at it they could also update Hoenn to Omega ruby and Alpha Saphire. I know that's probably not happening though.

Edited by BuurmanJuan
On 12/12/2021 at 9:47 PM, Goofyrider said:

I dont care if there would be two kantos it would be more content anyway. Two kantos would be just a minor problem. I would like to play this heartgold thing anyway. Thanks for mods developing this great game! Im not complaining about anything.

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not complaining either. It's my favourite game by far, I'm just making suggestions because I think it can be even better ?

On 11/25/2021 at 8:57 AM, BuurmanJuan said:

I think Johto would be a great addition to the game, but it's already very heavy the game (135MB only the Apk, almost 400MB in ROMs), this for computer, it's not much, it's still playable. However, for some phones, 500MB is a lot for a game, so it has to be placed in such a way that the game is still playable for all currently supported platforms. But I really liked the idea.

29 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

I think Johto would be a great addition to the game, but it's already very heavy the game (135MB only the Apk, almost 400MB in ROMs), this for computer, it's not much, it's still playable. However, for some phones, 500MB is a lot for a game, so it has to be placed in such a way that the game is still playable for all currently supported platforms. But I really liked the idea.

We already use the pokemon heartgold ROM (even if it is optional).

4 hours ago, druido890 said:

We already use the pokemon heartgold ROM (even if it is optional).

But rom didn't be too used, he are only used to compatibilize Sprites from mons of Kanto and hoenn, that have your sprites in HG/SS, in Fire Red/Emerald. Now, other thing is the game use the rom to play 2 regions, a total of 16 Gym leaders, too much NPCs... All of this need to be programmed in APK, and this leave the game more heavier

Edited by caioxlive13
On 12/12/2021 at 5:47 PM, Goofyrider said:

I dont care if there would be two kantos it would be more content anyway. Two kantos would be just a minor problem. I would like to play this heartgold thing anyway. Thanks for mods developing this great game! Im not complaining about anything.

The problem is the conflict that 2 kantos will make in players that already use HG/SS. Actually, is a Graphic Rom, and changes some sprites of kanto, removing the sprites from FR/LG and replace with the version of sprite, from HG/SS.

If add HG/SS, this can make a conflict with those sprites, since he simultaneously are used in 2 regions, and certainly will have players in both locations that will have the sprite , in the same time. The risk is literally crash all game, making HG/SS and FRLG unplayable(For FRLG is a higher problem to change something, that can cause this, since at least 50% of all players that play pokemmo, kept your character sometime afk in vermilion, and for players that are in vermilion in day of update, wil have trouble, because they cannot leave Kanto, and will need to ask for Staff to Manually Teleport him to Unova, Sinnoh or hoenn, and for staff, they cannot do this too fast, so devs need time to implement this without do any problem. One solution is temporally replace the sprites that are removed in FRLG, in HGSS, in first days of new region. And some days later, invert both sprites(Old in Kanto and New in HGSS) from places. ) 

Edited by caioxlive13
53 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

But rom didn't be too used, he are only used to compatibilize Sprites from mons of Kanto and hoenn, that have your sprites in HG/SS, in Fire Red/Emerald. Now, other thing is the game use the rom to play 2 regions, a total of 16 Gym leaders, too much NPCs... All of this need to be programmed in APK, and this leave the game more heavier

But we are not sure if the developers will want to implement the 2nd generation kanto as well, they could combine the red / green kanto with the heartgold jhoto.

Or actually the developers have already found a better solution.

I don't think discussing it among ourselves will lead to anything concrete, the staff and developers should have their say (which they have already done).

44 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

The problem is the conflict that 2 kantos will make in players that already use HG/SS. Actually, is a Graphic Rom, and changes some sprites of kanto, removing the sprites from FR/LG and replace with the version of sprite, from HG/SS.

If add HG/SS, this can make a conflict with those sprites, since he simultaneously are used in 2 regions, and certainly will have players in both locations that will have the sprite , in the same time. The risk is literally crash all game, making HG/SS and FRLG unplayable(For FRLG is a higher problem to change something, that can cause this, since at least 50% of all players that play pokemmo, kept your character sometime afk in vermilion, and for players that are in vermilion in day of update, wil have trouble, because they cannot leave Kanto, and will need to ask for Staff to Manually Teleport him to Unova, Sinnoh or hoenn, and for staff, they cannot do this too fast, so devs need time to implement this without do any problem. One solution is temporally replace the sprites that are removed in FRLG, in HGSS, in first days of new region. And some days later, invert both sprites(Old in Kanto and New in HGSS) from places. ) 

If you also used the ROM of soulsilver to solve this problem?

4 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

Can't they just teleport all players that are in Kanto on the day of the update to Johto or another region after the update? I don't think it would be much of an issue to work around it.

Edited by BuurmanJuan
9 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

Tbh I think most phones nowadays can run games over 1GB so I don't think 500mb is that big of a deal.