Remake gtl engine

MightyMichele

Question

Replace prices and listings from central to right corner. Give a happy visual to the central area - some people is more visually centred than numbers and names. Replace the search from the central to left corner. To the left side down the search, give categories in blocks (Pokemons, Cosmetics, Medicines, Miscellaneous) instead of only Pokemons and Items. For central, show the Create Listing maybe.

*Though, make it all simple and fast, for help those who are worried with speed.

Dont allow someone buy a item for a price that isnt at the lowest price. Only show the lowest price of a specific item listing also show the prices from the lowest to highest.

Rework the incoming listings that Snipers are set and give more safety. Put a asterisk * if not at lowest price. Or, give a check box to dont show incoming that are not at lowest.

For example: we have a Yellow Shard at 3,000, but someone put it at 3,200 (not the lowest), add a asterisk * on it or not show it. Because its not at the lowest.

Keep up with the yellow and red colors feature, it is good.

Give colors to gtl UI, give images.

Also, for the new listings, give a minute of waiting before buy them, so can give a chance to more people make your thoughts or literally call a friend to help click, so the first clicking person can buy it after the hold time. Like, someone sold a Red Flaming skull for 50m could be helpful for more people compete for get it.

Edited by MightyMichele

4 answers to this question

As someone who enjoys breeding mons, I'd be kinda hindered by this. It's just slower and doesn't really do anything for people who use the GTL the most. Use the advanced search or the search bar for specific things especially considering most people are looking for specific items anyway. I think most people with a basic knowledge of the game will know to search for lowest price. I think most, if not all of these suggestions just hinder the player more than anything else. If you want the UI to look different, use the themes in creative media. Waiting a minute isn't that fair, a minute difference would barely make a difference imo.

I agree with Strodex

When breeding (especially budget mon), you don't always goes for cheapest. Besides, GTL is live, people are listing any items any time. It can be annoying when something is cheapest when you refresh but not cheapest when you click buy-- you can't buy it.

For your UI suggestion, I prefer if you can design and post, not letting us to imagine with huge wall of text. I'm just not good with visualisation. 

On 11/20/2021 at 5:20 AM, MightyMichele said:

Dont allow someone buy a item for a price that isnt at the lowest price. Only show the lowest price of a specific item listing also show the prices from the lowest to highest.

This would be a wonderful idea for new players maybe they could add a toggle option for this. A toggle option would allows pros not to be hindered by this mechanic while the new players still get the help they need.

Also, for the new listings, give a minute of waiting before buy them, so can give a chance to more people make your thoughts or literally call a friend to help click, so the first clicking person can buy it after the hold time. Like, someone sold a Red Flaming skull for 50m could be helpful for more people compete for get it.

This is another great addition for new players which should come with a toggle option. In all fairness some people dont want to wait when they make their gtl purchases so a toggle option fixes that. Inaddtion I would suggest a player who activates hold time should pay an additional fee to the trade owner. Paying such a fee should be made whether the purchase is made or not because in holding an item on gtl the potential buyer stops other buyers who might have instabought from buying and most importantly stop pple from abusing the mechanic by indefinitely putting other pple's listings on hold . This fee could be a certain % of the total listing fee or something.

the items held on gtl could come with a different gtl color highlight and a timer as to when the hold time ends- the timer can be hidden and only gets active if you hoover your mouse over the listing.

People who don't have the hold time toggle on would be able to buy gtl items normally like they do now without paying an extra fee. They ofc wont be able to purchase something put on hold time.

Replace prices and listings from central to right corner. Give a happy visual to the central area - some people is more visually centred than numbers and names. Replace the search from the central to left corner. To the left side down the search, give categories in blocks (Pokemons, Cosmetics, Medicines, Miscellaneous) instead of only Pokemons and Items. For central, show the Create Listing maybe.

I kinda like them the way they are but if they made the columns ,search bars etcs movable that would be great. At least that why everyone would be able to place them where they like to.

Rework the incoming listings that Snipers are set and give more safety. Put a asterisk * if not at lowest price. Or, give a check box to dont show incoming that are not at lowest.

I think it would be a little tedious to put a * on all the prices that are not the lowest but the * should go on the listing with the lowest pricing. This way snipers would have their targets especially highlighted while keeping the gtl neat ?