[PSL XIV] PokeMMO Super League Season 14 - Players Registration Thread

On 11/20/2021 at 12:32 PM, Cristi said:

What if you charge 25k to those who have more than 30 likes or have written more than 50 words in their sign up too? Since you are so worried about money.
Maybe Paul would have donated another 30m if you hadn't "banned him" for your assumptions.

Its not about money, its a fee so third person / ingame signup doesnt become the norm.

4 minutes ago, iJulian said:

Its not about money, its a fee so third person / ingame signup doesnt become the norm.

I dont love this, people dont need to be forum members to be a part of the community, but these fees are kinda gatekeeping it so you need to be, should be able to send confirmation over discord or just a regular mail, we dont need to add more obstacles.

1 hour ago, Havsha said:

I dont love this, people dont need to be forum members to be a part of the community, but these fees are kinda gatekeeping it so you need to be, should be able to send confirmation over discord or just a regular mail, we dont need to add more obstacles.

This means the signups will be all over the place; and it's more work for the host. It takes 2 minutes to make a forum account. It's not like the forums is some sort of paid service lol

39 minutes ago, Lvkee said:

This means the signups will be all over the place; and it's more work for the host. It takes 2 minutes to make a forum account. It's not like the forums is some sort of paid service lol

Sign ups will be on the forums, because people just get their friends to sign up on their behalf just like theyve always done. If people dont want to make a forum account thats there choice. Theres no difference between confirming their signups if they included 25k in the mail or not, its just pointless and will only put people off taking part in the community events.

@Havsha Let me explain the problem in front of us, so we are all the same page. There is a very high correlation between lack of commitment and not signing up yourselves. Here are some examples that I could think of:

• Axoa was signed up by someone else in PSL 4 and refused to play any match.
  • Manjume was signed up by someone else in PSL 9 and refused to play any match.
  • JuniorPT was signed up by someone else in PSL 13 and got banned.

There are also joked signed ups that I need to look through like:

• imythic who was signed up by someone
  • superman who was signed up by MDM

It takes time to filter through all the players getting registered. I don't want alts, fake sign ups, players that lack commitment, etc ending up on the final player list. 

The 25k fee is only a small measure to discourage players that lack commitment from signing up. It's not ideal, but at least it will help prevent managers from drafting players that will disregard them completly.

edit: Also, if a player that wants to sign up through someone else does not want to pay the 25k, at the very least find a way to object to the 25k fee like Cristi did. If the player that doesn't sign up himself can't even figure out a way to communicate his refusal to pay 25k, that player should definetly not get added to the sign up list imo.

Edited by gbwead
4 minutes ago, Kanzo said:

What if its a legit sign up and paid the 25k fee?

Nope. A couple reasons.

The obvious one is just lazyness. It doesn't take long to make an account so with that in mind, I'm not seeing a whole lot of motivation here.

Secondly, a forums account is needed throughout the season. If he/she needs to disclose a time on the thread, a battle or a win/loss, then he/she will need one anyway. If they are not going to do it themselves, then it falls onto me as an extra responbility, and I'm good thanks.

Edited by KaynineXL
13 minutes ago, gbwead said:

@Havsha Let me explain the problem in front of us, so we are all the same page. There is a very high correlation between lack of commitment and not signing up yourselves. Here are some examples that I could think of:

• Axoa was signed up by someone else in PSL 4 and refused to play any match.
  • Manjume was signed up by someone else in PSL 9 and refused to play any match.
  • JuniorPT was signed up by someone else in PSL 13 and got banned.

There are also joked signed ups that I need to look through like:

• imythic who was signed up by someone
  • superman who was signed up by MDM

It takes time to filter through all the players getting registered. I don't want alts, fake sign ups, players that lack commitment, etc ending up on the final player list. 

The 25k fee is only a small measure to discourage players that lack commitment from signing up. It's not ideal, but at least it will help prevent managers from drafting players that will disregard them completly.

edit: Also, if a player that wants to sign up through someone else does not want to pay the 25k, at the very least find a way to object to the 25k fee like Cristi did. If the player that doesn't sign up himself can't even figure out a way to communicate his refusal to pay 25k, that player should definetly not get added to the sign up list imo.

So in 13 seasons theres been just 3 cases of people signing up for someone else who refuses to play. That's really not bad at all considering the amount of sign ups we get per season.  I dont think we ought to be disuading people from signing up (even if they dont have a forum account, and for one reason or another wont make one)

The issue of players refusing to play isnt event exclusive to other people signing up for them, theres so many times people sign up stating "I wont play for x manager" and stuff.

The issue of "joke registrations" isnt fixed with a 25k confirmation fee, people sign up for themselves with no intentions of playing saying things like "dont buy me I'm too busy" or whatever. There's likely more joke sign ups from people signing themselves up than there are people signing up for other people.

6 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

Nope. A couple reasons.

The obvious one is just lazyness. It doesn't take long to make an account so with that in mind, I'm not seeing a whole lot of motivation here.

Secondly, a forums account is needed throughout the season. If he/she needs to disclose a time on the thread, a battle or a win/loss, then he/she will need one anyway. If they are not going to do it themselves, then it falls onto me as an extra responbility, and I'm good thanks.

A couple of seasons ago id agree, but for last few psls and wcs we've almost exclusively used discord for sharing screenshots of victories and arranging our battles that I dont think this is an issue anymore

2 minutes ago, Havsha said:

So in 13 seasons theres been just 3 cases of people signing up for someone else who refuses to play. That's really not bad at all considering the amount of sign ups we get per season.  I dont think we ought to be disuading people from signing up (even if they dont have a forum account, and for one reason or another wont make one)

The issue of players refusing to play isnt event exclusive to other people signing up for them, theres so many times people sign up stating "I wont play for x manager" and stuff.

The issue of "joke registrations" isnt fixed with a 25k confirmation fee, people sign up for themselves with no intentions of playing saying things like "dont buy me I'm too busy" or whatever. There's likely more joke sign ups from people signing themselves up than there are people signing up for other people.

I did not go through all the seasons, I just said the ones that were on top of my head. I know there are more, but I'm not going to look through 130 pages of player sign ups from the past 13 seasons just to get a list of players that lack commitment.

3 minutes ago, Havsha said:

A couple of seasons ago id agree, but for last few psls and wcs we've almost exclusively used discord for sharing screenshots of victories and arranging our battles that I dont think this is an issue anymore

The host gets the pics from discord to update the thread?

If that's how he's going to go about it sure.

2 minutes ago, gbwead said:

I did not go through all the seasons, I just said the ones that were on top of my head. I know there are more, but I'm not going to look through 130 pages of player sign ups from the past 13 seasons just to get a list of players that lack commitment.

Honestly valid, no one can expect you to do that. Like dont get me wrong the amount of effort you've been putting in as host is really admirable, I dont want you to think Im ragging on ya, I just don't agree with the confirmation fee, since it just feels too much like a half-heated sign up fee for some people and not for others

1 minute ago, KaynineXL said:

The host gets the pics from discord to update the thread?

If that's how he's going to go about it sure.

Yeah exactly! Its just like posting on the forums but in a specified discord channel for the victory screens in the discord!

1 minute ago, Havsha said:

Honestly valid, no one can expect you to do that. Like dont get me wrong the amount of effort you've been putting in as host is really admirable, I dont want you to think Im ragging on ya, I just don't agree with the confirmation fee, since it just feels too much like a half-heated sign up fee for some people and not for others

That's fair, but it would mean more from the players affected by the fee. It would show that they are serious.

IGN:Mislandier

Time Zone:GMT+8

Tiers:DB > NU & OU  >UU  

Fluff:First time to play PSL;Great interests in building original teams;Have created several classic DB teams including stall team;Lucky to win the World Cup 4, several tournaments and etc; I would like to make friends with any kind and lovely pokemon trainers.