Is Tyranitar worth using for a sinnoh story run?

jujii

I was breeding larvitar, and am stuck with a 3x31 as I don't haave enough mons yet to continue breeding, so I thought to use it for my sinnoh run. Currently, the mons i'm using are zoroark, emboar, haxorus, and milotic. If I add tyranitar to my team, I feel like it will hurt my team with it's sandstorm ability. I know it only evolves at 55, but I don't know if it's worth it to use against the elite four. Is tyranitar worth using or not and why?

Tyranitar has great typing and attack stats. This makes it a great pokemon to have on many teams, including an E4 sweeping team. That being said, its effectiveness for you in the story will just be limited to the E4, Champion, and endgame content. You can get a similarly typed pokemon like Krookodile to hit harder and faster with its ability Moxie and its Earthquake STAB. Another great option, albeit different typing, is Starmie. You can acquire a Starmie at a much lower level and its movepool is rather fantastic for the E4.

Tyrannitar is a good pokemon because it has great stats but if you are afraid of E4 then I can tell you that a snorlax with a careful nature and moves like curse, rest, bodyslam and crunch can beat the whole of E4 alone.  ;)

So go ahead and use tyrannitar for the story (maybe use it as a last resort and give him the share ep) but when you get to the league i suggest you put this snorlax in and you will have no problem.