[PSL XIV] PokeMMO Super League Season 14 - Manager Registration Thread

On 11/15/2021 at 2:03 AM, Quinn010 said:

IGN: QuinnW 

Motivation:

im maybe pretty new to the community and not the best player but i got competitive knowledge in all tiers and im really motivated to be a manager. if endii is Nagelsmann im the louis van gaal from pokemmo ^_* 

being manager

Screenshot_20211115-015743_Discord.jpg

edited to a serious singup d tier managers op 

On 11/16/2021 at 9:13 AM, GasaiYunoSan said:

IGN: ᧁꪖડꪗᠻꪶꪮꪊ?

Motivation: Jaja

PSL seasons in which you participated as a player: PSL XIII

PSL seasons in which you participated as a manager: No

Psdt: Will this system of win points be applied by winning a bo3 to another candidate? If not ignore my post

2021 --> (4 wins + 5 second places)x1 = 6.5

2020 --> (1 win + 1 second place)x0.9 = 1.35

PSL 13 --> (3 wins - 3 loses)/7 = 0

Banned/Released: No (x1)

(4.5+1.35+0)x1 = 7.85 = C tier Candidate

Edited by gbwead
11 hours ago, PedroLindoUnico said:

IGN: PedroLIndoUnico

Motivation: me again trying to be manager. I am a player that play mostly for fun using underrated mons, I usually go good when play tours with the untiered gang. I would like to be manager cuz we need something new not this players that we know for years and play since dinosaur time. The motivation is have fun ?

PSL seasons in which you participated as a player: last one 13 i think

PSL seasons in which you participated as a manager:

#endiiimanager

2021 --> (2 second places)x1 = 1

PSL 13 --> no game played

(1)x1= 1 = D tier Candidate

Based on what I believe is important to be manager, I would improve the selection formula to this for future seasons (if it ever returns):

a697008df60d243660c96b5708af01ec.png

HoF entries

• No Change

PSL performance

• W/R instead of W-L
  • 1 undefeated PSL season is worth the same as 2 HoF victories: I personally believe going 7-0 in PSL is almost twice as hard as winning an official tournament, but not more than that.

Previous offenders

• 3 possibilities (Banned/Released/Neither) instead of 2 possibilities (Yes/No)

Past PSL Winner as a Manager

• Possibility (Yes) has been reduced from a x2 multiplier to a x1.5 multiplier: to avoid too much overlap with the new popularity indicator

Regular season performance as a Manager

• No Change

Popularity

• Past PSL drafted players will be able to vote on who is their favorite candidate: this could be done through a forum club exclusive to previous players or in an open thread where votes are counted manually

Something else I would add to the formula

• Unless in the previous season, the candidate won as a Manager or was first in Regular season, that candidate should not be able to get a manager spot back to back season more than twice. 
Just now, Kanzo said:

How does this makes any sense at all. U ever see a scudetto winner not go to CL??? Leave this rule as it was.

I think you misinterpreted what was written. Gbwead is saying that you wouldn't be able to manage back-to-back UNLESS you were the winner or if you had the best record in the regular season. I don't really understand the "more than twice piece" though, I think that should be left out and include only the back-to-back part.

Just now, Kanzo said:

How does this makes any sense at all. U ever see a scudetto winner not go to CL??? Leave this rule as it was.

It's to prevent someone like Madara, Enchanteur, Frags, SweetforU, etc to get an automatic manager spot 6 seasons in a row just because of their HoF entries. I believe it's important that new players get a chance to be managers too if they have proven themselves to be capable players appreciated by the community.

2 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

I think you misinterpreted what was written. Gbwead is saying that you wouldn't be able to manage back-to-back UNLESS you were the winner or if you had the best record in the regular season. I don't really understand the "more than twice piece" though, I think that should be left out and include only the back-to-back part.

The more than twice is for someone like RDL. Let's say he gets a manager spot this season. That would mean he got a manager spot 3 seasons in a row. Even if he does phenomenal in these 3 seasons, going into PSL 15, RDL should imo be automatically rejected. That would not apply for this season, but I think it's worth discussing that eventuality. 

In all fairness I think we should actually remove the HoF entries piece. It really is hard to quantify, comparing 32-man vs 64-man vs 128-man, or what a seasonal win means compared to a CC. Those things are not taken into account and also outrageously increase the work-load for the host or the poor small council member who is tasked with this. This biases toward people who have been involved with the PSL before, but I think that is important for a manager position, with the saving grace being the "popularity" multiplier.

The other option would simply have a HoF-multiplier as follows: 1.5x for 2021 win, 2x for multiple 2021 wins (or current year)

That would serve the goal of upvoting people who are active.

3 hours ago, gbwead said:

2021 --> (2 wins + 5 second places)x1 = 4.5

2020 --> (1 win + 1 second place)x0.9 = 1.35

PSL 13 --> (3 wins - 3 loses)/7 = 0

(4.5+1.35+0)x1 = 5.85 = C tier Candidate

I have 5 first place, Erupting Flames, Erupting Turtoise, For The Cuties!, Deadly Dragon!, Seasonal UU #3

35 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

In all fairness I think we should actually remove the HoF entries piece. It really is hard to quantify, comparing 32-man vs 64-man vs 128-man, or what a seasonal win means compared to a CC. Those things are not taken into account and also outrageously increase the work-load for the host or the poor small council member who is tasked with this. This biases toward people who have been involved with the PSL before, but I think that is important for a manager position, with the saving grace being the "popularity" multiplier.

The other option would simply have a HoF-multiplier as follows: 1.5x for 2021 win, 2x for multiple 2021 wins (or current year)

That would serve the goal of upvoting people who are active.

CC are not in HoF entries, so no issue regarding those.

32-man are no longer hosted and therefore get deflated from being old tournaments.

A seasonal tournament win requires a qualifier tournament, so that's 2 entries which is worth a lot of pts by itself.

1 minute ago, gbwead said:

CC are not in HoF entries, so no issue regarding those.

32-man are no longer hosted and therefore get deflated from being old tournaments.

A seasonal tournament win requires a qualifier tournament, so that's 2 entries which is worth a lot of pts by itself.

Still too complicated. Think about my recommendation a bit. Simple is better. Always.

5 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Still too complicated. Think about my recommendation a bit. Simple is better. Always.

HoF entries are significantly easier to track than PSL performance. I understand that your suggestion simplifies the formula, but it doesn't simplify the most obnoxious part of the formula.

2 minutes ago, gbwead said:

HoF entries are significantly easier to track than PSL performance. I understand that your suggestion simplifies the formula, but it doesn't simplify the most obnoxious part of the formula.

Then get rid of that too. Player record in the PSL isn't really a good marker for managerial performance. I think participation is moreso. Could give bonus points for how many PSL's were involved in.

The more than twice is for someone like RDL. Let's say he gets a manager spot this season. That would mean he got a manager spot 3 seasons in a row. Even if he does phenomenal in these 3 seasons, going into PSL 15, RDL should imo be automatically rejected. That would not apply for this season, but I think it's worth discussing that eventuality. 

I have no problems with it being implemented from now on, it is good that some have the opportunity to be a manager as well so I do not object if you decide so and I am not chosen.

2 minutes ago, isi1993 said:

I have no problems with it being implemented from now on, it is good that some have the opportunity to be a manager as well so I do not object if you decide so and I am not chosen.

Also, I would support that if someone new can be a manager, take my place, I have no problem being a player this year.

14 minutes ago, isi1993 said:

Also, I would support that if someone new can be a manager, take my place, I have no problem being a player this year.

I have no issue with someone being manager 3 seasons in a row. I draw the line at 4, but that's just me. 

45 minutes ago, gbwead said:

I have no issue with someone being manager 3 seasons in a row. I draw the line at 4, but that's just me. 

If they're winning and winning and winning, then they should have the option to keep going, but if it's just someone with a high score who maybe takes second a bunch of times to inflate their score, then bye.

4 hours ago, SQ said:

IGN:ShanQi
Motivation:I wanna win
PSL seasons in which you participated as a player:Never
PSL seasons in which you participated as a manager:Never

2021 --> (4 wins + 3 second places)x1 = 5.5

2020 --> (1 second place)x0.9 = 0.45

(5.5+0.45)x1= 5.95 = C tier Candidate

Edited by gbwead

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.