[PSL XIV] PokeMMO Super League Season 14 - Manager Registration Thread

On 11/19/2021 at 4:33 AM, Bearminator said:

Manager Selection Process

The Host and each member of the Small Council (H+SC) will be asked to provide a list of 8 candidates which they believe would be the best fit for a manager spot this season. The instructions given to the SC regarding the list they must each submit are described below:

• The list must be composed of 8 candidates exactly.
  • Out of the 8 candidates, the best fits to be manager should be at the top of the list. The order will matter. The tiers in which each candidate belongs does not have to be taken into consideration when doing the order.
  • The list must take into consideration the following tiering restrictions:
    • The list must include at least 2 candidates ranked in S tier.
    • The list must include at least 4 candidates ranked in A tier or above.
    • The list can't include more than 2 candidates ranked in C tier.
    • The list can't include any candidates ranked in D tier or candidates that have been rejected.

The host will provide his list of 8 candidates to @Bearminator before receiving the individual list of each member of the SC.

Managers will be selected through 4 voting rounds. Based on the order of the lists provided by H+SC, the candidates with the most votes after each round will be selected.

First Round

From the top of each list, the first two candidates in S tier will receive one vote. The two candidates with the most votes will be selected and taken out of all the lists. The ones that were not selected will move down to A tier and the votes they received will be carried onto the following rounds.

Second Round

From the top of each list, the first two candidates in A tier will receive one vote. The two candidates with the most votes will be selected and taken out of all the lists. The ones that were not selected will move down to B tier and the votes they received will be carried onto the following rounds.

Third Round

From the top of each list, the first two candidates in B tier will receive one vote. The two candidates with the most votes will be selected and taken out of all the lists. The ones that were not selected will move down to C tier and the votes they received will be carried onto the last round.

Fourth Round

From the top of each list, the first two candidates in C tier will receive one vote. The two candidates with the most votes will be selected.

In the case of any tie, H+SC will discuss and the host will break the tie. When the lists are made, the SC will not know the exact details of the voting process that will follow.

Spoiler

gbwead:

1 hour ago, Bearminator said:

Spoiler

gbwead's list:

1. enchanteur
  2. mkns
  3. luke
  4. axellgor
  5. heichicoda
  6. mlhawk
  7. wallaro
  8. tawla

JulianFNT:

Spoiler

d459f54fc0afdbb6a31be0fe450003e5.png

Bluebreath:

Spoiler

08fc8c1a9957971453b3cece10c2a3b1.png

Kanzo:

Spoiler

9f7d29422536b8a2d48f57c01e783281.png

Rendi:

Spoiler

00e5358de6bf7f83c370e45b9bffdb59.png

Edited by gbwead

Round 1:

gbwead votes for Enchanteur and Mkns

Julian votes for Luke and Mkns

Bluebreath votes for Luke and Mkns

Kanzo votes for Enchanteur and Mkns

Rendi votes for Mkns and Luke.

Mkns has 5 votes.

Luke has 3 votes.

Enchanteur has 2 votes.

Mkns and Luke are the first two managers selected.

Enchanteur is moved down to A tier and has 2 votes for the following rounds.

Edited by gbwead

Round 2:

Enchanteur starts with 2 votes.

gbwead votes for Enchanteur and axellgor.

Julian votes for Enchanteur and axellgor.

Bluebreath votes for Enchanteur and axellgor.

Kanzo votes for Enchanteur and axellgor.

rendi votes for Enchanteur and axellgor.

Enchanteur has 7 votes.

axellgor has 5 votes.

Enchanteur and Axellgor are the two next managers selected.

Tawla is moved down to B tier.

Edited by gbwead

Round 3:

gbwead votes for heichicoda and wallarro.

Julian votes for RDL and heichicoda.

Bluebreath votes for Heichicoda and RDL.

Kanzo votes for Heichicoda and Sebat.

Rendi votes for RDL and Heichicoda.

Heichicoda has 5 votes.

RDL has 3 votes.

Sebat has 1 vote.

wallarro has 1 vote.

Heichicoda and RDL are the two next managers selected.

Tawla is moved down to C tier.

Sebat is moved down to C tier and has 1 vote for the final round.

wallarro is moved down to C tier and has 1 vote for the final round.

Edited by gbwead

Round 4:

Sebat starts with 1 vote.

wallaro starts with 1 vote.

gbwead votes for mlhawk and wallarro.

julian votes for k9 and sebat.

bluebreath votes for mlhawk and k9.

kanzo votes for k9 and Shanqi.

rendi votes for k9 and mlhawk.

k9 has 4 votes.

Mlhawk has 3 votes.

wallaro has 2 votes.

sebat has 2 votes.

Shanqi has 1 vote.

The two last managers selected are K9 and Mlhawk.

Just wanted to add some reasonings behind my decisions and who I voted for. Going to start off by saying I do not dislike any of the players who signed up as manager and if I did not include you do not take it personally. I tried to be as neutral as I could while voting on subjective matters so hopefully I wasn't too biased. My reasonings are put below in spoilers for anyone who is curious.

Spoiler

1 Mkns - Very established and proven player and leader. Only had a chance to manage once before in the 'forgotten' season. Deserves a fair chance to manage and show what he can do.
2 Luke - Previous winner with overall good track record in the tournament. Active and very motivated player, will do his all to try and win.
3 RDL - Another experienced manager who will give his all to the event. Has managed twice in the past claiming very good regular season results both times. With this being his 3rd time managing in a row some may consider this his all or nothing final attempt to claim the title for himself.
4 K9 - Very proven manager with more experience than anyone else on the list. Has had overall good results as a manager including 2 undefeated regular seasons and the most dominant regular season result of all time, will be looking to extend that undefeated run into the playoffs this time around. Only doubts with him are about activity levels since he has been gone for a while but has became very active recently and has vowed to be committed throughout the duration of the tournament.
5 heichicoda - Would be nice to see more CN representation in PSL. He is an active comp player and can help act as a bridge between the Chinese and English/Spanish/French communities. Overall I think not only will it be fun to see him as a manager I think its a healthy and positive thing for the future of PSL.
6 Mlhawk - Really good long standing PSL player with decent results. He has only managed once before and just missed out on playoffs, given his stature in this competition I feel like he deserves another attempt sooner rather than later.
7 Enchanteur - Has had some issues in the past in regards to communication and sportsmanship in other tournaments. Even despite this his accomplishments as a player stand for themselves and simply cannot be overlooked.
8 Axellgor - I wasn't completely sure if I wanted to pick either of the A tier managers but was required to pick one of them per the selection criteria. Axellgor has had issues in the past and has burned a few bridges here and there but has came through it strong but he is a long standing player and has had some very good results at times. Will be an interesting one to watch this season for better or for worse.

Honorable mentions (in no particular order):
Wallarro - Love to see some new blood coming through, wallaro has been kicking up a storm as a player and will surely be an auto pick as a manager for next season if he keeps going like this, but for now I think he is a little bit fresh for that reason and the fact that he made his post unreadable for people with dark mode on made him miss out
Sebat - I see his situation pretty comparable to Mlhawk. Both managed one time with a fairly mediocre run, it's very possible he has learned from this experience and will come back stronger but for this season he just missed out for me. He ultimately got edged out by him having a chance to manage more recently than Mlhawk and Mlhawk having better performances as a player.
Tawla - Like the previous example, for me he was in direct competition for the final S/A spot with Axellgor. In a pretty comparable situation to Axellgor in most regards and ultimately got edged out by having overall slightly worse performances as reflected by the score.
iMat - Love Mat and he is the current leader of NORE but that doesn't overturn his previous bad spells as a manager.

I'll try to be as transparent as possible with my decisions as I can be for the duration of this PSL. Some of you may dislike me for them but hey at least you know.

Reserve list:

Sebat starts with 2 votes.

Wallaro starts with 2 votes. 

ShanQi starts with 1 vote.

gbwead votes for wallaro and tawla.

Julian votes for sebat.

Kanzo votes for Shanqi and sebat.

Sebat has 4 votes.

Wallaro has 3 votes.

ShanQi has 2 votes.

Tawla has 1 vote.

The manager reserve list is:

1. Sebat
  2. Wallaro
  3. ShanQi
  4. Tawla

@Mkns1070, @Lvkee, @camilo7, @Axelgor, @heichicoda, @isi1993, @KaynineXL and @Mlhawk, if you no longer want to be manager, please let me know so I can contact the candidates from the Reserve List.

Edited by gbwead
13 hours ago, gbwead said:

Reserve list:

Sebat starts with 2 votes.

Wallaro starts with 2 votes. 

ShanQi starts with 1 vote.

gbwead votes for wallaro and tawla.

Julian votes for sebat.

Kanzo votes for Shanqi and sebat.

Sebat has 4 votes.

Wallaro has 3 votes.

ShanQi has 2 votes.

Tawla has 1 vote.

The manager reserve list is:

1. Sebat
  2. Wallaro
  3. ShanQi
  4. Tawla

@Mkns1070, @Lvkee, @camilo7, @Axelgor, @heichicoda, @isi1993, @KaynineXL and @Mlhawk, if you no longer want to be manager, please let me know so I can contact the candidates from the Reserve List.

RDL has decided to not participate as manager this season. This means that @Sebat gets a manager spot.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.