[PSL XIV] PokeMMO Super League Season 14 - Manager Registration Thread

I have a question gbwead why you weight going 7-0 in psl the sames as winning tour thats crazy. I know you want active people but if you played last psl and singup for manager now its most likely your still active. These numbers you have rn is not balanced at all we playing psl not a ladder tournament. Also having a bad run of first rounds doesn't subtract from score then having a bad psl shouldn't subtract either. 

for exmample lets compare talwa tier manager with mlhawk a tier manager 

Tawla 

PSL 11 --> (2 wins - 4 loses)/9 = -0.222

PSL 12 --> (6 wins - 8 loses)/8 = -0.25

PSL 13 --> (4 wins - 2 lose)/7 = 0.286

looking at this scores its pretty medicore nothing really amazing i would say a medicore psl player. but talwa played a lot of tours and won a few of them ( what def should be  rewarded tho ) 

2021 --> (3 win + 2 second places)x1= 4

2020 --> (2 wins + 1 second place)x0.9= 2.25

2019 --> (7 wins + 4 second places)x0.8= 7.2

2018 --> (2 second places)x0.7= 0.7

looking at these stats i would say he is def a c or b tier manager but not close to a tier manager he never really pefromed in a psl so i dont see a reason why he would do it this year.

Mlhawk

PSL 6 --> (4 wins - 3 lose)/14 = 0.0714

PSL 7 --> (3 wins - 3 loses)/13 = 0

PSL 8 --> (7 wins - 3 lose)/12 = 0.3333

PSL 10 --> (7 wins - 2 loses)/10 = 0.5

PSL 12 --> (1 wins - 0 lose)/8 = 0.125

PSL 13 --> (6 wins - 1 lose)/7 = 0.714

looking a these score i would say if you play vs mlhawk you should be warned he is a good player that most of the time wins  with scores like 6-1  7-2   7-3 you def cant say mlhawk is medicore psl player. LIke what mlhawk said he is not motivated for tours i also never see him playing those. but that doesnt mean he is not active. its understandble that you dont spam tours if you play since psl 6. 

Edited by Quinn010
1 hour ago, Quinn010 said:

I have a question gbwead why you weight going 7-0 in psl the sames as winning tour thats crazy. I know you want active people but if you played last psl and singup for manager now its most likely your still active. These numbers you have rn is not balanced at all we playing psl not a ladder tournament. Also having a bad run of first rounds doesn't subtract from score then having a bad psl shouldn't subtract either. 

Tawla 

looking at this scores its pretty medicore nothing really amazing i would say a medicore psl player. but talwa played a lot of tours and won a few of them ( what def should be  rewarded tho ) 

looking at these stats i would say he is def a c or b tier manager but not close to a tier manager he never really pefromed in a psl so i dont see a reason why he would do it this year.

Mlhawk

looking a these score i would say if you play vs mlhawk you should be warned he is a good player that most of the time wins  with scores like 6-1  7-2   7-3 you def cant say mlhawk is medicore psl player. LIke what mlhawk said he is not motivated for tours i also never see him playing those. but that doesnt mean he is not active. its understandble that you dont spam tours if you play since psl 6. 

This sht is spot-on. Damn.. Perfect comparison. 

1 hour ago, Quinn010 said:

Tawla 

Mlhawk

There are two other factors that explain why Mlhawk is C tier and Tawla A tier. 

• Mlhawk already had a shot as a manager and his team was 5th after the regular season. That means he got a x0.75 multiplier. The multiplier is there to make sure new candidates have a shot compared to candidates that already has a chance to manage in the past and didn't do that well.
  • Tawla won more recently compared to Mlhawk. That doesn't mean that Tawla is better than Mlhawk or simply means Tawla is probably more active. Tawla's point are not deflated unlike Mlhawk's points.

The way I see it is that it takes 7 wins in a row to get 1 pt in tournaments. For PSL, I don't see how that should be different if you get 7 wins for 0 loses, you will also get a pt. The thing is there are more tournaments than PSL seasons, so it's pretty normal that when I look at competitive achivements that it's possible to earn more points through tournaments.

2 minutes ago, TohnR said:

Gb trashtalking all of us by assuming PSL matches aren't any better than tourney round 1 

Kekw

Mainly pointing out that in a tournaments, you can't go 8-1 and get a 1 pt (you would get 0.5 or 0). In PSL, you could go 8-1 and get a full pt.

6 minutes ago, gbwead said:

The way I see it is that it takes 7 wins in a row to get 1 pt in tournaments. For PSL, I don't see how that should be different if you get 7 wins for 0 loses, you will also get a pt. The thing is there are more tournaments than PSL seasons, so it's pretty normal that when I look at competitive achivements that it's possible to earn more points through tournaments.

ah yes my second place lc should be worth the same as som1 that went 3-0 in last psl 

Just for fun allow me to create an hypothetical player who has played in every single PSL, let's say, from 8 onwards and managed PSL 13. Their score is exactly 3-4, 3-4, 3-4, 4-3 and 3-4.

Their score would be -0,288

But since, as a manager, they won PSL 13 they now have the chance to increase their tier.

Updated score: -0,576 (Nope).

Let's also just say they finished 1st in regular season.

Updated score: -0,720 (kek).

Thank you all for joining me in my pep talk. Also since everyone is probably reading this let me say that Shiny Rate Is Fair.

4 hours ago, Quinn010 said:

Tawla 

Mlhawk

Much hate , remember that winning a tour = wining 6 games in row first which is impossible for you to do since i knew u exist in the game lol , second losing so much in psl doesnt mean that i would a bad manager also should i tell you that i was africa captain and we got unbeattable in the pool phase , also ... You better let good player talk about this instead of you who have 0 wins in the game , thank you.

3 minutes ago, Tawla said:

Much hate , remember that winning a tour = wining 6 games in row first which is impossible for you to do since i knew u exist in the game lol , second losing so much in psl doesnt mean that i would a bad manager also should i tell you that i was africa captain and we got unbeattable in the pool phase , also ... You better let good player talk about this instead of you who have 0 wins in the game , thank you.

mad ^_* cuz im showing fax ( also can do a bo3 1m ou uu nu if you want) 

Edited by Quinn010
Just now, Quinn010 said:

mad ^_* cuz im showing fax

Bro ... Im not even mad , and its okay if im not picked as manager , maybe next time i'll get picked , but what you were saying is wrong ^^ you cant judge a manager by his wins in psl . Also manager doesnt have to be a god player , he has to be smart and have knowledge on how he will manage his team. Exemple of jaawax who do not do a lot of pvp , managed to win the last psl , because he's smart he knew how to push his team to win it. 

1 minute ago, Tawla said:

Bro ... Im not even mad , and its okay if im not picked as manager , maybe next time i'll get picked , but what you were saying is wrong ^^ you cant judge a manager by his wins in psl . Also manager doesnt have to be a god player , he has to be smart and have knowledge on how he will manage his team. Exemple of jaawax who do not do a lot of pvp , managed to win the last psl , because he's smart he knew how to push his team to win it. 

you clearly dont get my point so being smart is already somthing you miss as a manger XD. 
i was just comparing that som1 that always peform in psl is rated really low compared to som1 that peform good in tours. i never intend to flame you in that post. you said jaawax dont pvp a lot but in this sytem jaawax also would never be picked lmao.

3 minutes ago, Quinn010 said:

you clearly dont get my point so being smart is already somthing you miss as a manger XD. 
i was just comparing that som1 that always peform in psl is rated really low compared to som1 that peform good in tours. i never intend to flame you in that post. you said jaawax dont pvp a lot but in this sytem jaawax also would never be picked lmao

False, jaawax would be picked cause he already won psl ! He got his chance. Performing good in psl doesnt make u a good pick manager

When considering a good manager, maybe it's worth putting yourself in a players position and consider who you would want to be leading your team.

I'd want someone who would be a strong leader and will call out bullshit when they see it. Someone who is respected but also has knowledge on players and able to strategically manage a team differently each week to get the best possible advantage over their opponents. Someone who's able to motivate their players, especially when your team has had a run of bad performances.

Additionally, when you look at PSL as a whole, competitiveness is great but something just as important is to just have fun and thats when you can't be too robotic when picking managers.

A lot of the above does not actually depend on accolades. There are plenty of managers who I think would be a great choice despite not winning much.

I'd say one of the great examples(not necessarily PSL related) would be senile. He was definitely one of the loudest voices within the community and yet he didn't win much. So why did we listen to him? Because regardless, he had knowledge and he was respected throughout for his solid arguments.

IGN: PedroLIndoUnico

Motivation: me again trying to be manager. I am a player that play mostly for fun using underrated mons, I usually go good when play tours with the untiered gang. I would like to be manager cuz we need something new not this players that we know for years and play since dinosaur time. The motivation is have fun :)

PSL seasons in which you participated as a player: last one 13 i think

PSL seasons in which you participated as a manager:

#endiiimanager

Edited by PedroLindoUnico
5 hours ago, PedroLindoUnico said:

IGN: PedroLIndoUnico

Motivation: me again trying to be manager. I am a player that play mostly for fun using underrated mons, I usually go good when play tours with the untiered gang. I would like to be manager cuz we need something new not this players that we know for years and play since dinosaur time. The motivation is have fun ?

PSL seasons in which you participated as a player: last one 13 i think

PSL seasons in which you participated as a manager:

#endiiimanager

(-0.235+0.438-0.2-0.286-0.364)x1 = -0.647 = Rejected

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.