More than 220 Mage's Staff listed on Nov, 8

MightyMichele

The staffs are the rare ones item from the Pumpking bag.  Recently, people sell the staffs more often that they buy due to the big amount of staffs listed and price constantly dropping.

At my concern, for those who doesn't have a staff, can wait some days before buy it. The tendency is that they are going cheaper, as there is 220 staffs listed.

For those who have got some staffs and don't know what to do, the tendency is that they are going to drop. So, for short term money gain, you can sell them before they decrease.  For long term, you hold them so they can increase, but it's uncertainty, though depends on the market.

In my personal opinion, I am keeping with me 10 staffs, though it may be not the best profit for short term.

Edited by MightyMichele

From my perspective a huge amount of the community have the stupid mentality of 'I'm going to sell this immediately for some quick cash', which is fine if you need it in the short-term but of course it will significantly drop the prices of everything as so many people think the same thing and compete with each other.

For example the regular and pumpking goodie bags have dropped to their lowest prices ever - with the community determined to undercut the current 'lowest price' meaning that the price will continue to drop lower and lower.

The prices and demand were incredibly high until Kyu announced that the event would be extended for an additional 24 hours, which was to be expected of course, but this caused so many things to drop as 24 hours is an incredibly long time to farm the boss especially with videos and strategies being leaked everywhere.

I think it will take around a year at least to see an increase in prices, and that's assuming a lot of players stop playing and the demand rises again - prices will probably remain low until the event season is over in February.

Unlike the Golden Dragon Masks which had a lot of people with it, these were time-limited, whilst the Mage Staff's will always be obtainable in the Goodie Bag. 

My personal feelings aside as I'm a bit salty due to many lacking the basic economic knowledge in this game, but it is a nice item so time will tell as new players also join the game.

On 11/8/2021 at 5:50 PM, Imperial said:

For example the regular and pumpking goodie bags have dropped to their lowest prices ever - with the community determined to undercut the current 'lowest price' meaning that the price will continue to drop lower and lower.

I'll break my explanation down to two bits to not overwhelm anyone reading this lmao

Reasoning Behind Price Drop
For most of the community its probably ideal to sell even if it is at a 'loss', by this I mean cheaper than the price at the one day extension (now 80k @extension 100k). You have to take into account, people used a large portion of their money to invest into pokemon and levelling services. And due to the massive demand for these specific pokemon and services the prices fluctuated insanely high. 2.8-3.5m for Lvl 100 (5 x 31) Pokemon on GTL, 1.1m-2m for any ivs Lvl 100 Pokemon on GTL and I personally had to pay 300k for a 'friend' to level my pokemon to 100 (this may seem bafflingly stupid, to pay such a high amount, but you have to remember in event week everyone was busy and no one was willing to spend time levelling just for 300k considering you could make that + in one run vs hard mode)

So, for most of the community who didn't have these specific pokemon lined up, they already incurred a huge loss just making a viable team to challenge the Pumpking. This meant that of course when the event finishes people would be willing to sell at a lower price just to recuperate the initial cost suffered. On average I assume most people who grinded hard mode will have 2 stacks of Goodie Bags minimum selling around 50 of them to make back the cost on a pokemon is probably seen as worth it.

We should also take into account the demand for the Goodie Bags, everyone had the opportunity to farm the boss and make some form of profit. With event season just ending it's pretty common for demand to drop, the players who wanted the Goodie Bags but didn't farm probably already bought and the players who did farm have their own stock to horde up. So of course when there is an item that's in abundance to the needs of the community the price will drop. 

On 11/8/2021 at 5:50 PM, Imperial said:

Unlike the Golden Dragon Masks which had a lot of people with it, these were time-limited, whilst the Mage Staff's will always be obtainable in the Goodie Bag.

Mage's Staff

As Imperial stated here, this is a HUGE factor. If we take into account both of their popularity and prices at the beginning of each respective event it would be safe to say Mage's staff looked just as promising as the GDM (Golden Dragon Mask) with an initial value of 8-10m. But that was certain to change. Mage's staff can be obtained just through good RNG and doesn't have a 'time-limit' to be claimed. With the price of one being 4m on average during event season and 2.5m (still dropping) afterwards. For most average players who may have missed the event or those who didn't get the opportunity to grind will still have tried their luck on a couple of goodie bags. And from what I've seen for a lot of people that paid off. (sorry to the ones who's openings didn't pay off xD) We had a state of "I don't want to pay 4m for this I'll just buy 40 Goodie Bags (100k EACH) and try my luck" 

It's safe to say that those who really wanted the item had already bought it during the event time or have packed it through sheer luck. With that being the case once again it's clear to see that the demand, and so the value of the item will drop, we're basically on such low demand right now that it's pretty pointless to sell. We also have to remember a lot of people have spent all their savings on the event and now have little to no actual cash and a huge surplus of vanity items in general and Goodie Bags. So this will once again lead to them selling the majority of these items to recuperate losses and have actual cash.

Saying this I do think the staff will gradually bounce back, the goodie bags will be sold and opened in the future so they do 'expire' and with the common trope of 'good' vanities increasing it's safe to say that the mage's staff is a worthwhile investment that will rise in value over time.

3 hours ago, xxxIUxxx said:

i didnt like it personally, the animated heads are on demand

Animated heads cost 3.7m just to buy they haven't seen any explosive growth. Mage's staff having a low value of 2m is still higher than any 'free' vanity in recent years: eg Crook & Flail - 600k or Teddy Bear - 1m

• Damian locked this topic