[PEGI 16] Arcane - A League of Legends tale

Diano

Arcane - Appreciation thread  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Interested?

i7BI67w.png

Source: https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Arcane_(TV_Series)

Arcane is an animated television series set in the League of Legends universe.

The series was unveiled during the League of Legends 10th Anniversary celebrations.

It was being developed and produced by Riot and animated by Fortiche Productions in Paris, France.

The first season was expected to release in 2020, however it was delayed until 2021 in light of the COVID-19 outbreak.[1]

It was announced on May 3rd, 2021, that it would premiere exclusively on Netflix in the fall of 2021.[2]

On September 25th, 2021, the release date for the first 3 episodes was revealed to be on November 6th, 2021 (now available).[3]

Episodes will be released in 3 Acts, with each act composing of 3 episodes.[4]

Episodes are roughly 40 minutes long.[5]

Description

Based on the world behind League of Legends, Arcane dives into the delicate balance between the rich, utopian city of Piltover and the seedy, oppressed underground of Zaun. Known across Runeterra as the "city of progress," many of the most brilliant minds call these cities home.

But the creation of hextech, a way for any person to control magical energy, threatens that balance.

The story follows the origins of two iconic League champions and the power that will tear them apart.

Arcane is aimed at a "16+" audience and will deal with some more adult subject matter.

Edited by Diano
typo
1 hour ago, KaynineXL said:

Alright, watched all of them. Holy shit it was so good.

Ep 3 just unreal...

Hide contents

Vi is freakin badass and the duo with Caitlyn is so awesome.

youre-hot-vi.gif

Agreed!

We have " no info " about the last act. The teaser doesn't show that much, compared to the act 1&2 teasers.

The number of possibilities of what we are going to see is crazy...

WARNING FOR EVERYONE READING THIS MESSAGE - DO NOT CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN ACT 1 AND ACT 2:

Spoiler

9 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

did more get realsed or something?

i thought it was sunday?

e: scared to check google incase spoiler

nah, only three acts of three episodes

but the cliffhanger they gave us in the last act was crazy, so we may have a new season

Edited by Diano
Spoiler
On 11/15/2021 at 4:27 AM, KaynineXL said:

I can't believe her name was Violet all along

What ??? I never knew this even watching the series did I miss that line ? What episode is this pls @KaynineXL

(Also I did play Vi a lot too, cool champ, enjoyed her character in the series. Fuck Jinx btw)

Edited by TohnR
9 minutes ago, TohnR said:
  Hide contents

What ??? I never knew this even watching the series did I miss that line ? What episode is this pls @KaynineXL

(Also I did play Vi a lot too, cool champ, enjoyed her character in the series. Fuck Jinx btw)

Spoiler

episode 3 when powder was crying and Vi left her, powder shouted "violet please"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvXnmhDRdt8&ab_channel=Dray

2 hours ago, Tranzmaster said:

I think it's safe to say that this is the best videogame to movie/series ever made

you bet it is cupcake?

Edited by KaynineXL
1 hour ago, TohnR said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

violet is also in their lore on the league of legends universe website

@DianoThen that's not a spoiler material xD Surely did they add this when they remade the Lore because it wasn't in Vi's description back in the day (actually when Jinx released none of the Vi/Jinx story was explicitly given)

But I checked and in the French dub they don't ever call her Violet, so I feel scammed now. Nice to know tho ?

Just now, TohnR said:

@DianoThen that's not a spoiler material xD Surely did they add this when they remade the Lore because it wasn't in Vi's description back in the day (actually when Jinx released none of the Vi/Jinx story was explicitly given)

But I checked and in the French dub they don't ever call her Violet, so I feel scammed now. Nice to know tho ?

In the german dub they did.

Had no idea she is called violet at all, played the game for over 15000 hours lol

16 minutes ago, TohnR said:

Spoiler

j'avoue qu'en plus en FR ils prononcent Vi avec l'accent anglais XD

scammed jusqu'au bout....

15 minutes ago, CaptnBaklava said:

In the german dub they did.

Had no idea she is called violet at all, played the game for over 15000 hours lol

same goes to jinx, had no idea about her real name

next acts gonna be awesome, especially with the WOOF WOOF (am i good to censor spoilers? haha)

Edited by Diano
Spoiler
6 minutes ago, Diano said:

Après la VF ingame dit aussi "Vaille" en mode anglais, donc ça me dérange pas mais le truc chelou c'était pour le jeu de mot du nom de Jinx.

Ils ont vraiment utilisé le verbe "Jinxer" dans la VF de Arcane ça me fume (après ils avaient pas le choix et c'est dans le vocabulaire g@ming donc ça va)

Edited by TohnR
53 minutes ago, Diano said:
  Hide contents

scammed jusqu'au bout....

same goes to jinx, had no idea about her real name

next acts gonna be awesome, especially with the WOOF WOOF (am i good to censor spoilers? haha)

Spoiler

are you referring to warwick?