[PSL XIV] PokeMMO Super League Season 14 - Court Auction

3 minutes ago, gbwead said:

When you use your money for bidding, is that also rigging the auction?

no, I'm not the host making new rules and deciding beforehand who I want to win. You can use the money as your excuse all you want, but I'm not pulling out because I don't want to mail the money, I'm pulling out because the host has already decided who is going to win and there is no point in participating any further. 

1 minute ago, Paul said:

no, I'm not the host making new rules and deciding beforehand who I want to win. You can use the money as your excuse all you want, but I'm not pulling out because I don't want to mail the money, I'm pulling out because the host has already decided who is going to win and there is no point in participating any further. 

So you think I'm more rich than you?

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

i definitely don't think you should be banned but i mean, it took you way too long to have the revelation that this was merely a PR stunt to boost donations and drama pre season, without wanting real consequences like one of the most dynamic psl players of all time not getting to participate

2 minutes ago, gbwead said:

I guess you believe I am the richest player in PokeMMO.

I'm a random, as you've all said numerous times. I have no idea how much money any of you have, and I don't see how this is even an argument. My only argument is that the host should not predetermine the winner of an auction, and I'm not interested in supporting your event anymore. If that's worthy of banning me and throwing a fit, then I understand your position and we can move on without further argument. 

Just now, Paul said:

I'm a random, as you've all said numerous times. I have no idea how much money any of you have, and I don't see how this is even an argument. My only argument is that the host should not predetermine the winner of an auction, and I'm not interested in supporting your event anymore. If that's worthy of banning me and throwing a fit, then I understand your position and we can move on without further argument. 

Ok, I'll give you an example since you still don't get it. You and JJ go to a Farm Animal Auction. You both are interested in the same horse. You start bidding huge amounts for that horse. At this time you have the highest bid for that horse and JJ seems to be giving up. Then, Bill Gates shows up and says that he's going to win the auction for that horse. Do you think that automatically means you get to decide that your bid gets cancelled? No, because you still have at that moment the highest bid. Bill Gates did not outbid you yet and maybe he's just trying to scare you off.

I do not believe you had any valid reason to cancel your own bid. I said multiples that refusing to pay up will result in a ban. It is what it is.

2 minutes ago, gbwead said:

I'll give you an example

Here's your own example in the way I view it

Bill Gates is running an auction, and the moment the person Bill wants to win is no longer outbidding the person he wants to lose, he threatens to use his power as host of the auction to insure he gets the outcome he desires. He states publicly that he will use his own money to get the result he, as host, wants. Going so far as not giving anyone an end date, and stating that he can place a last-minute bid before deciding the end of his own auction.

Prior to making my bids, I was not aware that:

a) The host can change rules mid-auction

b) The host will participate in his own auction

c) The host has already determined who he wants to win

d) The host has no end date to the auction, and could now win his own auction whenever he chooses due to the reasons above

These are valid reasons for me to change my opinion on wanting to give money to your event, and if you can't see why these factors would change someone's interest in an auction, you should not be hosting this season of PSL. 

3 minutes ago, Kanzo said:

Bro its still money for psl if GB bids 100m on jj staying banned. Point is u never wanted to pay.....

Gb host or not can still play in this court auction cuz it has no negative effect on the end product of this PSL. All this players on this list did something. Igaf if someone pays 500m to make one singe player stay banned. Thats for me simply a win for the community. Stop all this blah blah attacks on the host and just pay or sshhhh

I don't understand half of the things you say, but I do understand gb made you his cheerleader for this PSL so I'll repeat what I said 20 minutes ago for you; I have no interest in donating to this season or it's host, so I don't care how much the money is or where it's going. 

Edited by Paul
6 minutes ago, Paul said:

a) The host can change rules mid-auction

b) The host will participate in his own auction

c) The host has already determined who he wants to win

d) The host has no end date to the auction, and could now win his own auction whenever he chooses due to the reasons above

a) The auction did not change. The only difference is that I asked to hold the money to check if you were a man of your word, clearly you are not.

b) and c) This auction is theorically for the community to have a say, why would I not be allowed to have a say?

d) the end date is predetermined and has already been announced. 

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

- Makes people pay money for bans they already served

- Changes the rules mid-auction

- Publicly tells everyone he won't allow JJ to lose

but yes, question me and my intentions instead of your own. I'm arguing with a rock

I no longer question you and your intentions since you did not have any intention to pay anything. The fact that you didn't realise I was allowed to participate in the auction like anyone else is entirely your mistake and doesn't give you a get out of jail free card. 

4 minutes ago, gbwead said:

since you did not have any intention to pay anything.

Your only argument against me is something opinionated & wrong. I pray to God you never have any power in the real world if this is how you judge things. 

Edited by Paul
6 minutes ago, Paul said:

Your only argument against me is something opinionated & wrong. I pray to God you never have any power in the real world if this is how you judge things. 

and I pray you never participate in any real life auction...

11 minutes ago, gbwead said:

and I pray you never participate in any real life auction...

The auctioneer never bids on his own auction lul. Horrible reference

7 minutes ago, Kanzo said:

Your tunnel vision on GB is insane.

This is a new system that should be introduced in every future PSL. And since its the start of it. It needs to sent strong signals and in order to do that u gotta bring up all the nasty shit happened in the past.

What GB says about a single player is all in his free will of doing has nothing to do with being  a Host.

your intentions is just feelings no facts... guess u love to argue with a rock bro.

Can't help u if u can't understand rational and logical arguments.

your bias is showing Kanzo. Some of the bans on here (not necessarily saying mine) were due to a subjective decision by the host at the time. Not all where clear cut and a fair few were actually disagreed on by the majority of the community

What you’re saying is you have players like foggi or skump who served bans for things that didn’t necessarily deserve them, only to come back to the game years later and potentially forced to serve them again

anyone with a brain can see this is a bad decision, that’s why they aren’t joining in this mindless thread. It’s a good thing none of us here have a brain so we can debate this. Nothing rational or logical here 

7 minutes ago, DoctorPBC said:

The auctioneer never bids on his own auction lul. Horrible reference

It's a PSL auction, not a gbwead auction. None of the money goes to me, it all goes to PSL. I don't see why I shouldn't be allowed to participate too. However, since my potential participation in the auction is deemed problematic by some, it's something to discuss for next season. Thank you for your valuable feedback doc and helping make PSL Court Auction something to look forward in PSL 15.

6 minutes ago, gbwead said:

It's a PSL auction, not a gbwead auction. None of the money goes to me, it all goes to PSL. I don't see why I shouldn't be allowed to participate too. However, since my potential participation in the auction is deemed problematic by some, it's something to discuss for next season. Thank you for your valuable feedback doc and helping make PSL Court Auction something to look forward in PSL 15.

Your the host, it is your auction whether you like it or not. 

I don’t have a stake in this. I haven’t logged in probably at least 3 months, I don’t plan on logging on for PSL either. My opinion on this is minimal, my feedback is only to try and prevent you from ruining probably the last good thing to come out of this game. But your the host so fuck the community opinion right?

Edited by DoctorPBC
3 minutes ago, DoctorPBC said:

Your the host, it is your auction whether you like it or not. 

I don’t have a stake in this. I haven’t logged in probably at least 3 months, I don’t plan on logging on for PSL either. My stake in this is minimal, my feedback is only to try and prevent you from ruining probably the last good thing to come out of this game. But your the host so fuck the community opinion right?

If I didn't give a fuck about the community, I'm pretty sure you would be banned right now in order to make sure you don't cheat and ruin a 4th PSL season. It seems the community wants you to have a 4th chance and I respect their wish.

2 hours ago, gbwead said:

Why would I not be allowed to participate in the auction? How is my participation rigging the auction? When you use your money for bidding, is that also rigging the auction? Ofc not, that's the most stupid thing you have said so far. You needed a bullshit excuse to backtrack your previous bids and that's it.

I asked you to send the money, so I could hold it during the auction. You could have declined and we would discuss payment, but you wanted out which indicates you had no intention of paying in the first place. 

You claim you didn't want to send money and get it back every time there is a new bid. That's fair, but you didn't send money at all, not even once. I would understand if you send money once, there is a higher bid, I give your money back and then you say you are out, but as the highest bidder for you to refuse this simple request and back out completly shows that you were full of shit.

I don't think anyone thinks that there's any problem with you participating in the auction (at least I personally don't). The problem is that the auction has a rigid end time that only you know, and you've stated in discord that you might take advantage of that by dropping an uncontestable bid right before the deadline. You compare later this to a real auction where the auctioneer would upbid themselves because they're not satisfied with the outcome, but in a normal auction, if a bid is done sniped like that, there would be a grace period to let people upbid.

The fact that you're taking advantage of the auction like that and are asking for the money early would ring bells and think that it might be a scam, when as it is it already somewhat looks like one when the results are already rigged. The fact that Paul doesn't want to pay early with the addition that you've made doesn't mean that he wouldn't have paid up in the first place, especially when he donated significant amounts in previous PSLs: it shows that there are legitimate reasons for him to not trust the current system.

6 minutes ago, gbwead said:

If I didn't give a fuck about the community, I'm pretty sure you would be banned right now in order to make sure you don't cheat and ruin a 4th PSL season. It seems the community wants you to have a 4th chance and I respect their wish.

Oh I’m probably getting banned anyways don’t you worry. And I’d argue I’ve given more for PSL than taken away but that’s a whole other point. You on the other hand have come in guns blazing to ‘spice up’ something that didn’t need it in the first place, it’s a stupid fkin decision and there is a reason why only your boys and JJ are dumping money on this.

2 minutes ago, Kanzo said:

We can't go thro all the cases to create a fantasy list of the gravity of their actions in the past.

In the end this whole system benefits the community and the quality of the PSL.

If some rich mofo thinks its best to keep a cheater out of PSL and spends dollas dollas out of his moms credit card. To keep that certain cheater out of this PSL is a fffhuukinn HERO bro.

Some nerds think there is no downside to keep cheaters out of any future PSL, but thats where we as community come in to create that type of quality of PSL. So it all depends on the community and still in the end everything goes to the community and the current PSL.

I fukin love this system.

You’re right we can’t, but this isn’t something that benefits PSL

If this competition has been dragged so low we are relying on getting money for unbanning players banned 11 PSLs ago, then maybe something needs to be said for the decision making of past and current hosts. This isn’t hype, this is excluding players, real people from a video game when they’ve already served their time, it’s borderline online bullying. PSL used to be better than this. 

1 minute ago, JeanMarc said:

The fact that you're taking advantage of the auction like that and are asking for the money early would ring bells and think that it might be a scam, when as it is it already somewhat looks like one when the results are already rigged. The fact that Paul doesn't want to pay early with the addition that you've made doesn't mean that he wouldn't have paid up in the first place, especially when he donated significant amounts in previous PSLs: it shows that there are legitimate reasons for him to not trust the current system.

If I was scamming people, I would get banned from the game and staff would give the money back to whoever I scammed. So no, this is not about not trusting the system, it's about him trying to break the system with fake bids with ill intent towards jj and finding some bs excuse to back out. 

1 minute ago, Quinn010 said:

i think for the next time there should be a buy out price like 30m and then you can't be outbid to get banned. if you get banned you did somthing wrong so a punnishment is needed paying 30m hopefully let a player think twice b4 he cheat. 

They would even think thrice if they might have to pay that multiple times xD

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.