[PSL XIV] PokeMMO Super League Season 14 - Court Auction

Is it really a good idea if someone that should be banned would be unbanned if they pay a certain amount? Is someone staying banned years after the fact because they aren't paying a fee that might be inflated because of bias a good thing?

If someone deserves to be banned, multiple offenses or not, they should remain so, if it isn't deserved anymore, I don't see why it should be arbitrarily extended. It seems like you want DoctorPBC to remain banned by making it harder to be eligible by making him have to win 2 auctions, at that point, if you're going to design the rules to make it even harder for someone that you don't want in this to be able to sign up, why not just straight up keep the ban up, and not thinly veil it with something like this?

I don't care too much about whether you choose to go for more lenient or strict with past bans (hell I'd probably personally lean more towards strict but I know close to nothing about most of those bans, so I don't think I have much of a say), but it's not surprising that people consider this a joke when this auction looks more like an attempt to pad the donation pool more than an attempt to maintain any type of competitive integrity.

If the ban isn't serious enough that it can be reversed by paying up, was it even bad enough to be a ban to begin with? And if it was a ban that is actually justified, why should it be avoided because you inflate the donation pool's numbers?

I think its fine to have people who got banned in the past get back in the good graces by paying a fine, call it reconciliation, community benefits by both having more reward money and not having half the community banned.

If they cheat again blacklist them for good, but since their bans weren't intended to be permanent to begin with this is good.

44 minutes ago, JeanMarc said:

Is it really a good idea if someone that should be banned would be unbanned if they pay a certain amount? Is someone staying banned years after the fact because they aren't paying a fee that might be inflated because of bias a good thing?

If someone deserves to be banned, multiple offenses or not, they should remain so, if it isn't deserved anymore, I don't see why it should be arbitrarily extended. It seems like you want DoctorPBC to remain banned by making it harder to be eligible by making him have to win 2 auctions, at that point, if you're going to design the rules to make it even harder for someone that you don't want in this to be able to sign up, why not just straight up keep the ban up, and not thinly veil it with something like this?

I don't care too much about whether you choose to go for more lenient or strict with past bans (hell I'd probably personally lean more towards strict but I know close to nothing about most of those bans, so I don't think I have much of a say), but it's not surprising that people consider this a joke when this auction looks more like an attempt to pad the donation pool more than an attempt to maintain any type of competitive integrity.

If the ban isn't serious enough that it can be reversed by paying up, was it even bad enough to be a ban to begin with? And if it was a ban that is actually justified, why should it be avoided because you inflate the donation pool's numbers?

The way I see it is that PSL is a community event. The people that were listed, at one point or another, wronged the community. Most of the time, the new host doesn't look at old bans and welcome all previous offenders. Imo, since these players wronged the community, it's important for the community to have a say before welcoming them back. Someone like JuniorPT signed up twice and when it came down to playing, he never showed up, basically fucking up the manager that bought him in two different seasons. This is unacceptable and, as far as I am concerned, unless he pays a fine to show good faith, he should not be welcomed back again. I also believe that if someone from the community objects to welcoming back a previous offender, that someone should have the possibility to do so. With the auction system, the community decides what is the appropriate fine that should be paid because all bans are different and had different consequences. In the event someone is preventing unfairly a previously banned player from participating by throwing huge amounts of money, I hope and expect that the previously banned player will be supported by the community he/she once wronged in order to fight this injustice.

All the money acquired through this process will go to the cash prize, so at least it's for a "good cause". 

Edited by gbwead
3 hours ago, gbwead said:

Looks like a pretty good idea if it keeps someone like you that got banned twice from ruining another PSL season xD

Oh trust me this isn’t keeping me from PSL, this dumpster fire of a game is hue

If being banned by a previous host (for a BS reason I might add, none of you truly know how it went down) isn’t enough then I hope someone other than you has fun with this. I seriously doubt that is the case tho 

Doc has been banned like three times though hue. But regardless, none of the players on the list were given a lifetime ban and most just a season ban. A small majority were banned for 1-2 additional seasons and almost all who played after their ban paid some form of repentance. This is an unprecedented act, attempting to restrict players who have already paid their time and dues. Doc, Junior, and Thormmm are the only three that should be considered for eligibility for PSL14, the others have paid their time and dues already.

Additionally, this isn't the "community" rejecting these players. This is honestly the opportunity for one person to show up with 10M and say, nope they can't play, just because of salt. Does that one person represent the community? I would think not. I recommend their being a community poll and if voted in their favor, then a set fee (donation) for each of them to play. Simple as that.

tl;dr This is the first time a host has extended a prior ban that has already been repaid in full. No one has ever been banned for life from PSL.

52 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Additionally, this isn't the "community" rejecting these players. This is honestly the opportunity for one person to show up with 10M and say, nope they can't play, just because of salt. 

I was about to say that 1m is way to low fee

Imagine playing this game for years and not bering able to pay 10m to join a tournament if you want to lol

1 hour ago, DoubleJ said:

Additionally, this isn't the "community" rejecting these players. This is honestly the opportunity for one person to show up with 10M and say, nope they can't play, just because of salt. Does that one person represent the community? I would think not. 

Well if that happens, the community should then get together and outbid that individual. 

So far, we have 12M in donations. This means 12 players could have been unbanned and yet it doesn't seem like people care about having these bans removed xD

2 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

@gbwead you haven't even fully explained what the PSLX 1M represents... is that a bid on behalf of us three players already, is it a bid against us?

You are currently the owner of the 1M bid on the PSL 9 DoubleJ ruling. In the event no one outbids you, you will decide what that ruling will be, whether or not you want DoubleJ to stay banned or not.

4 minutes ago, gbwead said:

You are currently the owner of the 1M bid on the PSL 9 DoubleJ ruling. In the event no one outbids you, you will decide what that ruling will be, whether or not you want DoubleJ to stay banned or not.

Cool, keep that fucker banned.

#DoubleJJ#J4isnumerouno

2 minutes ago, DoctorPBC said:

That’s it!!! I’m making an alt and nobody can stop me signing up

I encourage you to do so, because I never had the pleasure of banning you from PSL myself and was always quite envious of other hosts.

4 hours ago, gbwead said:

the community should then get together and outbid that individual. 

This entire system seems like a cowardly way of unbanning people while ridding yourself of the responsibility if something goes wrong. No member of the community is going to unironically pay money to keep someone banned. Either go through each case and make a decision, or unban them all, but at least have the balls to make the decision yourself instead of making people pay to moderate the event you're hosting, and using the excuse that we should pay if we disagree with someone returning. 

At the end of the day, I only spectate & bet on these events, so these decisions have little effect on me (besides cheaters changing the outcome of games) so it truly is up to the host each season, but at least make the decisions yourself instead of putting the responsibility on everyone else. 

14 hours ago, Paul said:

This entire system seems like a cowardly way of unbanning people while ridding yourself of the responsibility if something goes wrong. No member of the community is going to unironically pay money to keep someone banned. Either go through each case and make a decision, or unban them all, but at least have the balls to make the decision yourself instead of making people pay to moderate the event you're hosting, and using the excuse that we should pay if we disagree with someone returning. 

At the end of the day, I only spectate & bet on these events, so these decisions have little effect on me (besides cheaters changing the outcome of games) so it truly is up to the host each season, but at least make the decisions yourself instead of putting the responsibility on everyone else. 

You might not realise this but historically in PSL, banned players would either be allowed to play in the following season or have to pay a 1M fine (only in PSL 10). My decision is that they are banned until they pay a 1M fine. If the community thinks the 1M is not enough, they can increase the fine through the auction, but as far as I am concerned 1M is enough. 

I will absolutely not go through each case in order to determine if JuniorPT is more of an uguu than DocPBC. I don't know who you are, but since you seem very passionate about this, you are free to join the small council of PSL 14. As a Small Council member, you will be able to ban, unban or fine these players based on your case by case evaluation of their uguu level.

Edited by gbwead
2 hours ago, gbwead said:

historically in PSL, banned players would either be allowed to play in the following season or have to pay a 1M fine

I understand the value of wanting to follow the standards of previous hosts, but I believe if the circumstances warrant it, there's nothing wrong with creating your own standards for the future. 

To be completely transparent, I'm against one specific player being allowed to play; The player who abused their power of being host, cheated their own rules, and downplayed the effects of their cheating after the fact. I see zero value in this player being allowed to return. I've read through more posts than I'd like to admit, and they constantly flip-flopped every other post between "I did it, it's wrong", "This season was boring, cancel PSL", or sarcastic attempts at jokes not even 2 days after it coming out. 

If they were willing to cheat at the highest level as host while never really taking responsibility for it, what reason do you have to trust they won't cheat as a player? Other than your potential bias of being a council member under him that season, what makes you confident he won't get bored 5 weeks in and cheat again? From what I've read, his main defense was boredom, but as I mentioned earlier he really changed his opinion every few posts,  so it's hard to gauge which ones were serious or sarcastic. 

I'm not trying to bring up past drama, but I do believe this is relevant when you're giving someone the ability to just pay their way out of jail. What is preventing me from cheating if something of this magnitude can be forgiven with a small donation to the event? JJ himself is making the argument that no host has perma-banned someone before, so what kind of message does this send to people who will now cheat knowing there will never be long-term repercussions?

Imagine being a host, trying to shift your responsibilities to a stupid system and the community. 

Imagine enforcing a BO2 for no reason out of spite, when it was clearly not well accepted the last time.

You keep saying this is a community event and yet you make-up all the dumb rules yourself with little to no feedback time. 

By now everyone has realized everything in this system was made to prevent players you don't like from joining. Just man it up and don't overcomplicate things geez its a goddamn game afterall, even if you spend more time in there than in life itself.

For the first time Im not even sure I should sign up to this clownfest.

Spoiler

if I do I will so bend the rules and laugh at whatever biased decision you'll have against me so there's fun at least.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.